Search results

1. C

300,000 Miles

That's great! My 03 wagon has 260K on the clock and I'm hoping to hit 300K!
  2. C

No fuel 2000 ALH

I had a very similar issue and it was something (dead beetle or fly) lodged behind the check valve that was restricting fuel flow. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. C

Stereo Upgrade - What Exactly Do I Need?

If you are switching to a single din I would opt for a used OEM pocket (1J0 857 058 B) as the Metra one doesn't look that good IMO. When I did my 2003 Jetta I ran a power wire over from the ignition, but for my 2003 Golf I used an Axxess XSVI-9003-NAV Interface Harness and I think it was worth...
  4. C

Replace Glow Plug Harness on 2002 VW Beetle TDI

On my 2003 Golf (4 wire) I soldered in one from a Ford 6L Powerstoke and it has been working fine for the last 6K miles.
  5. C

Wheel Check

I don't think so. Pretty sure the bolt pattern on your car is 5x100 and those are 5x112.
  6. C

Current owner stats

2003 Jetta wagon 6 speed 240k 2003 Golf 6 speed 227k I love ALH TDIs with 02M 6 speeds!
  7. C

Would like rear hatch lock to work with door locks

Just a bit more info to hopefully help out the next person doing this with VDS Pro. The original coding for my 2003 Golf (CCM 1C0959799C) at addresses 04352, 04353, and 04354 was 136 (10001000). I had changed several things in VCDS so yours is likely different. Recoding mine to 24 (00011000)...
  8. C

Success! As per VE1.9's suggestion and the provided link I used VDS Pro and now have the locking and unlocking of the hatch on my 2003 Golf working like one of the doors. Thanks!
  9. C

Thanks VE1.9. I have VDS-Pro and recoded my 03 Jetta Wagon CCM to have the hatch function with the other doors, but for some reason thought it did not work the same on the Golf. Could you point me in the right direction for the Golf as it has been quite awhile since I did this on my Jetta.
  10. C

I have been meaning to do this on my Golf. I think this http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=333745 is the thread you might be looking for.
  11. C

How to swap your 01M to a 5-speed manual

Eric I have spare one I’ll give you, if you cover the shipping. Shoot me a PM if your interested. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. C

03 Tdi with 02M 6 speed replacement axle?

Which boot is torn; the inner or outer?
  13. C

Compatible models

I'll echo some of the previous posters and say if you are going to the trouble and have the cash the 6-speed is really nice. I have one in my 2003 wagon and love it!
  14. C

car shakes badly on take off?!?

Thanks Ellis I have been dealing with a similar issue and am interested in what you find.
  15. C

transmission interchangeability?

Thanks again for all the replies. This forum is such a wealth of knowledge. I just finished the swap and thought I would give some final thoughts. I agree that putting in a used 5-speed would be the most cost effective thing to do with a car of this age and value i.e. there is no way I am...
  16. C

Thanks for all the replies! I ended up with some apprehension about the Golf transmission (the seller seemed like they were not being entirely forthright) so I just went for it and ordered a 6-speed from RyanP. I figured I can go through the 5-speed box later. I am pretty limited on time right...
  17. C

I have a 2003 Jetta TDI wagon with a failing 5-speed manual transmission (02J). I found a used manual transmission from a 2005 TDI Golf, and was told it was compatible with my Jetta. Is this correct? Will my clutch (single mass) work? Thanks to everyone who makes this site such a wonderful...
  18. C

CV Axle part numbers

Thanks for the help. The problem is the previous owner installed aftermarket CV axles, which are now worn out. I am trying to find some used OEM axles to rebuild or to use as cores and wanted to know what to look for.
  19. C

CV Axle part numbers

Thanks HogWrangler! So to clarify are 1J0407272NN, 1J0407272AH, and 1J0407451AX all synonymous part numbers? I could cofirm the first 2 but not 1J0407451AX