Search results

1. S

Tell me about Toureg TDI's 2013+

Money pits? Unreliable? Too expensive to maintain? DEF and DPF problems? (talk me out of or into one) Still haven't found a clean B5.5 to drop all my old parts into, and didn't realize the Touregs continued making diesels through 2017
  2. S

Parts for a 1.8t 4motion B5.5 to TDI conversion?

Assuming I have a donor car of 6 speed Manual converted FWD B5.5, and a stock 1.8T manual What else is needed for conversion? Different Rear Diff? Different (AWD capable) Trans? Trying to get an idea before I pull the trigger on a 1.8T manual...
  3. S

Good TDi Mechanics near San Antonio for B5.5 Passat

Well, never wanted to have to do this, but my Passat lost a battle with the rear end of a Flat Bed. Punched the hood back a good 8", but because of the height, it missed the metal bumper entirely. Haven't tried to start it, since not sure if the timing belt/cover is intact, because the hood is...
  4. S

4-Motion B5.5 TDI, Who's done it and how did you do it?

Thinking it may be time to put together an old idea into motion. I know there has been discussion about this but I have not seen or heard of one done personally. What was the base vehicle for the project? 1.8T was the best I was told. Or V6 with complete donor vehicle? What trans options are...
  5. S

Stumbling under Hard Acceleration

Seems like not having as much power as I should and started noticing some stuttering under hard acceleration as approaching 3,000 RPM. Car is mildly modified. 95k (I have owned it since 28k) BSM delete Bv43a with mild tune. Stock injectors Colt Cam replaced around 60k ago. O1E 6 Speed...
  6. S

G 070 726 A2 - What is everyone's favorite brand?

Coming up to the point of having to a trans fluid change in the 01e and started looking at the various fluids in this spec range. OEM, Ravenol, Sinto, and a couple others all meet the spec, anybody have any preferences?
  7. S

Current cost for a 5 speed conversion

Hello All, Been a few years since I ran the numbers, but a friend expressed some interest in a B5.5 Wagon with a 5 speed conversion. What are the parts running these days, and what are people charging for labor?
  8. S

Best Windshield Wipers are OEM? Other experiences?

Hello all, I have been meaning to check what windshield wipers I have on my Passat. I have owned the car for a few years and have never changed them once, and they still work perfectly. I was used to changing my wipers once a year or more on my other vehicles, and finally decided to see what...
  9. S

5x100 16x7 38mm Chrome Wheels Set of 4 and Cooper Snow Tires

Set of 4 Chrome Wheels (originally off of a PT cruiser) 16x7 5x100 38mm offset. I believe these will fit other vehicles including the Mk4 Jetta Good condition, some nicks in the chrome around the lug area. Good "extra" set or snow tire set $150 for the set Also have 4 Cooper Weather Master...
  10. S

2005 Passat Sachs Shocks, Struts, and Springs, 50,000 miles FWD VW TDI Suspension

As the title says, up for sale are the comfort shocks and struts, (Springs SOLD) off FWD Passat 2005. No leaks or damage, minimal paint chipping near the bottoms of the shocks and struts, minimal corrosion where the paint chippings are. OEM Sachs, nothing wrong with them, just upgraded to a...
  11. S

Engine/Exhaust WRX-like "burble"

Hey does anyone else's engine "burble" like a Subaru WRX? I just started noticing it. It is not as pronounced as a real WRX, but like a toned down version I have been doing some full throttle runs getting the new turbo adjusted and want to make sure I didn't do anything.
  12. S

No power on acceleration, stuttering, and smoke

Hello All, Please read the entire thing for all the details Have a problem with power under load on the car. Long story short, the BV43a turbo on the car blew (unknown reason, boost curve was well within spec) had it rebuilt, installed, and have been having the power issues since then. The...
  13. S

Advice wanted, used ALH Jetta 150k

Hello All, Thinking of picking of a Jetta TDI beater to use in the winter and for commutes. May have located one with only 150k for cheap. Basic GL model, no ESP, heated seats, sunroof, or luxuries. But it is a bit far away from me and going to look in person is a bit of a trip. Car was...
  14. S

B5.5 TDI Suspension rough road springs, upgraded struts and shocks, airbags?

Greetings all, I am planning on getting the Rough Road Springs for my Passat. Waiting to confirm with Frans on getting them shipped over (along with a replacement turbo which is a separate issue.) The car is used for towing on a semi-regular basis (around once a month). I plan on the Bilstein...
  15. S

Oil around valve cover, in intake tube, low oil level

Hello All, Was getting around to changing my air filter on my 05 B5.5, probably first time ever changed. Was dirty but not as bad as some, with minor deformation of the pleats. When pulling off the intake hose to have a look at the turbo I notice oil inside the tube which appeared to be coming...
  16. S

Turbo Removal from B5.5 and some other questions

Greetings all, I need to pull the turbo out of a B5.5 Passat with BV43a and EGR delete. I saw a thread that outlined what needs to be removed. Just looking for something a little more detailed than a list of things to be removed. Also, the driver seat in the car does not stay in elevated...
  17. S

Questions installing a Westfalia hitch B5.5 Passat TDI

Greetings all, I am trying to install a westfalia hitch and was looking at a couple threads here and read the almost "text only" and semi vague instructions. So I figured it would be best to check with those who have already installed one before I mess something up. I am at the part where I...
  18. S

FS 30,000 mi B5.5 Passat TDI parts

Up for sale are a number of TDI parts that came out of my Passat after manual conversion. The car had 30,000 original miles on it at the conversion. May consider a bosal or westfalia hitch for trade. For pictures send me your email. I don't have an online photo service. $40 Shipped - Brake...
  19. S

WTS Turbo VNT 17 - GT1749VA off 05 Passat TDI

$650 shipped. Only a light 31K miles on the turbo.
  20. S

WTS 05 Passat TDI Turbo GT1749

delete need to change the title