Search results

1. G

Mk4 door hinge

I will tackle the common Mk4 door droop next. Spent quite a bit of time looking at videos and write ups. My conclusion, try putting washers behind the lower hinge first. What I would like to know is if the door half of the upper hinge will come off the other half of the hinge easily or does it...
  2. G

Clutch Slipping

Well my car is telling me it wants a new clutch. A little slipping in 4th gear if I hit the go pedal too much. My question is..can I still drive the car for a few more days if I am gentle with it? Do they fail quickly or do they go out gradually.. I think there is around 280k km on the...
  3. G

Locked rear door

I have the common problem of not being able to unlock my rear door by any normal method. I've tried banging on it too. My question is, can the lock cylinder cover (the smaller one) be removed without damaging it from the outside by just prying on it? If so I will try to move the internal...
  4. G

Spring recommendation

Hi am looking for the part number for rear springs. Am trying to sort the Suplex numbers out. 2000 Golf TDI Koni Reds raised 1 1/2 inches Not looking for sport springs or towing springs. What ever goes well with the Koni's to give a comfortable ride. Thanks...Peter
  5. G

seat belt in back won't release

Hi; I have noticed that the middle seat belt in the back of my golf can't be pulled out to use. It's just retracted in real tight. Not sure how to get it loosened up. Pull off the back somehow? Thanks....Peter
  6. G

Slight hesitation on light throttle

I have a 2000 TDI in very good shape. Ever since I have owned it it has had a very slight hesitation coming off the line. If you push further down on the pedal you get through it faster. I now have a stage 1 tune and I still notice it. Is this normal? Or can VCDS be used to make some changes...
  7. G

TDI Critical sensors

Hi Everyone; Just completed a 2 week road trip which went very well. There were some long dark roads which I would not liked to have broken down on. This got me to thinking about which sensors could cause a dead in the tracks car. I know the G 28 crank sensor is one (can go out with little...
  8. G

Stock height of golf A4

Using the how to's on this great forum I have refreshed my suspension all the way around and did a lift. From ground to wheel arch I am now sitting at 28". Anyone know what a new Golf would have sat at? The car is a 2000 and handles fine at reasonable speeds. Thanks Peter
  9. G

Warm air thru vents by design?

Some time back someone stated that warm air will always come true the vents because thats the way the system was designed. Is this correct? Then there was a post about someone putting a shutoff valve in the heater hose to stop this. Is this is possible ? I would like to do it as my AC is...
  10. G

rotor has tight spot when rotated

Was checking the rotors for run out to solve brake pulsation. On the front rotor I measured .003 run out (.004 is max.) I also felt a fairly tight spot when rotating the rotor around. I removed the caliper to see if things changed, but it didn't. The front end was rebuilt recently with...
  11. G

Are stock Golf headlights ECE?

Just finished a suspension refresh and 1.5" lift and wanted to check to see if my headlights are aimed properly. Looked on my headlights and only see a EC on a tab and 1.2 degrees. The other thing is the low beam pattern looks more like a crescent and not much like the patterns shown on Daniel...
  12. G

Drumming noise up front

Hi. I have 2000 golf TDI that has had a drumming noise right around 40 miles per hour ever since I bought it. Goes away at about 50. When the road is wet it becomes very noticeable and irritating. It does it even with the car coasting in neutral. The tires are new, didn't change Any ideas on...
  13. G

Engine speed sensor (G28)

The last couple of days I have seen the RPMs drop to zero and then come back up, and I was able to drive on. Today the car died in traffic but restarted. With VagCom in the engine module I saw a fault code for Sensor G28. But when I went to reread the code later it was gone. Anyhow is this the...
  14. G

Loose sway bar link bolts?

Was under the car looking at brakes and sway bar. What I noticed on the link bolt going into the LCA was that there is a 1/8 gap where the link could move back and forth on the bolt. Is this normal? I've read that the nut inside the LCA is not a through hole. I'm not sure I want to crank on it...
  15. G

suspension options

After reading a lot on here about improving suspension, I still have some basic questions. There seems to be two approaches to raising the rear for more clearance. One can go with the longer\heavier wagon springs or you can go with the stock springs and install spacers of your choice. Anyone...