Search results

1. G

group buy: powertdi.pl injectors (.260s)

I would be interested in a set of .230's
  2. G

Defroster in reverse???

Maybe a humidity meter placed in the car would give you some more data to help you. ie .,is it more humid inside than outside, does the humidity go up with any heater control movements. Things like that
  3. G

Leaky vacuum pump fix

What I did recently and am very happy with is this. I found a metal washer that would fit over the nipple. I cut a rubber washer from a inner tube to also go over the nipple. To pull them tightly down and seal the joint, I cut a hose clamp into two pieces and pop riveted it to the washer. The...
  4. G

Mk4 door hinge

My Mistake, the first washers were 0.10, the washers I used half that, .050. I did look at other methods to do this. I got my door done in half a hour, most of it looking for washers.
  5. G

Mk4 door hinge

Had some time to answer my own questions. Had to get a set of really short Triple square bits first. First I measured how much droop my door had. Was 5/16" Then undid the two lower bolts and put washers in. The first washers I put in were .010 thick. these were way to thick. The next washers...
  6. G

Mk4 door hinge

Yes, I wondered if the rear door hinge was the same as the front door hinge. To clarify my question, can you separate the two halves of the upper hinge? Does one part just slide off the pin? The upper door hinge is attached with one bolt to the door. The other side of the hinge has two bolts...
  7. G

Mk4 door hinge

I will tackle the common Mk4 door droop next. Spent quite a bit of time looking at videos and write ups. My conclusion, try putting washers behind the lower hinge first. What I would like to know is if the door half of the upper hinge will come off the other half of the hinge easily or does it...
  8. G

02J Driveline Backlash Issues

Something I have been curious about related to this thread is, How much should the wheel rotate when in the air. and you measure the free travel at the circumference. What distance would be a sign that there is too much slop in either the cv joint or the gears. Thanks for any insight on this.
  9. G

Clutch Slipping

So I did the trip and made it back. First noticed that the clutch slipped (rpms went up) going up a long hill in 5th. Dropped to 4th and slowed a little to keep going. When using cruise control it would drop out on small hills if the clutch slipped. Just had to really baby all the shifts and be...
  10. G

Clutch Slipping

Thanks to all for the suggestions on parts to replace. Will get them rounded up. I feel better about making the trip up island now and not so stressed.
  11. G

Clutch Slipping

Ok ,good to know., Can I get a few more miles out of it and not get stranded? Need to make one trip of about 200 miles before I can work on the car.
  12. G

Clutch Slipping

Well my car is telling me it wants a new clutch. A little slipping in 4th gear if I hit the go pedal too much. My question is..can I still drive the car for a few more days if I am gentle with it? Do they fail quickly or do they go out gradually.. I think there is around 280k km on the...
  13. G

Locked rear door

Thanks for the replies. Just to clarify, I am talking about the drivers side rear door, not the rear lid. Peter
  14. G

Locked rear door

I have the common problem of not being able to unlock my rear door by any normal method. I've tried banging on it too. My question is, can the lock cylinder cover (the smaller one) be removed without damaging it from the outside by just prying on it? If so I will try to move the internal...
  15. G

Spring recommendation

Hi am looking for the part number for rear springs. Am trying to sort the Suplex numbers out. 2000 Golf TDI Koni Reds raised 1 1/2 inches Not looking for sport springs or towing springs. What ever goes well with the Koni's to give a comfortable ride. Thanks...Peter
  16. G

2002 Golf TDI Part-out on Vancouver Island

Hi this is Peter out in Sooke. Are the seats heated? Do you have a good power steering hose, the bigger one running behind the fans. Can you text me, I erased that string. Got the brake booster in now bleeding system. Thanks..Peter
  17. G

Oil pump longevity?

Have wanted to ask this for awhile. Is there not a quick link available for the oil chain? Seems like it would make replacing the chain and pump much easier. If there was I guess the only messy part would be to grind ? off the old chain. Peter
  18. G

Rocker Panel Rust Repair

I am really interested in how you will prep and treat the inside once the pieces are welded in. My rockers have some surface rust but no holes yet. Have been wondering how to coat the surfaces inside and out. Thanks..Peter
  19. G

timing belt

This time when I did my timing belt I remembered how frustrating it was to find the mark by myself. This time I used a small viewing scope that runs into a laptop. I pointed the camera at the flywheel and put the laptop under the car where I could see it and rotated the crank until the timing...