Search results

1. JDSwan87

SOLD Ross-Tech HEX+CAN USB VCDS Interface with Unlimited VINs $265

SOLD (1) Genuine Ross Tech HEX+CAN cable. I recently upgraded to HEX-NET and this one needs to go to a new loving owner. $265 shipped via USPS, tracking will be provided. I bought my HEX-NET cable for below market value, so I am passing on the favor. Will only sell to someone I feel...
  2. JDSwan87

Help Near Minneapolis, MN

HELP Anyone near St. Michael, MN this weekend? My brother is there for a BMX Nationals race with his daughter and the rear wheel bearing failed on his MKIV. Hoping someone here would be gracious enough to shuttle them to and from the track to their hotel on Friday and Saturday. I'm driving out...
  3. JDSwan87

(SOLD) Ross-Tech HEX+CAN USB VCDS Interface with Unlimited VINs $340

!!!SOLD!!! (1) Genuine Ross Tech HEX+CAN cable. I acquired this with a parts lot I bought locally a while back and forgot I had it until a few weeks ago. $340 shipped via USPS, tracking will be provided. Will only sell to someone I feel comfortable with based on forum history.
  4. JDSwan87

Schaeffers 9000 Supreme in an ALH

I have a few gallons of Schaeffers 9000 Supreme 5w40 left from my BEW. Can I run this oil in my ALH without issue?
  5. JDSwan87

WTB: ALH Battery cables

I need the positive battery cable that goes from the starter to the positive battery post with the little jumper to the distribution block on top of the battery. Mine is all mangled. Would prefer to purchase from a Southern state simply due to the lack of road salt use.
  6. JDSwan87

SOLD! Cleaned ALH Intake Manifold SOLD!

SOLD (1) cleaned ALH intake manifold. Hot tanked for 6 hours and vigorously scrubbed with a tube brush. All threads are clean and fully intact, I ran a tap through all of them to be sure. SOLD $50 PLUS actual shipping. SOLD
  7. JDSwan87

Hot Rear Brakes

2005 Jetta Wagon, 235k miles A while back, I had a rear pad exit its' residence on the car. 60k miles, they were due... Ordered Akebono Pads and Zimmermann rotors. Installed them with new stainless clips. Both rear brakes got hot. Crap. Disassembled, cleaned clip mount gently with a file to...
  8. JDSwan87

WTB: MK4 Golf winter front

Looking for a 99.5-2006 Golf winter front. I'm aware of the foam pipe insulation idea, would just prefer a true winter front. PM or post here.
  9. JDSwan87

Cleaned ALH Intake Manifold

I have (0) cleaned ALH Intake Manifolds. Both were scrubbed and hot tanked for 12 hours. all threads are good, no other issues of note. Asking $40/ea PLUS actual shipping BOTH SOLD AND GONE
  10. JDSwan87

Capital City BMX

Hey Leon, You complimented my brother on his mk4 at the BMX state qualifier. Just a shout out if you're on here, he appreciates it!
  11. JDSwan87

Exploded New MAP Sensor

I have already contacted the vendor regarding what to do about a replacement. So I bought a new intercooler for my BEW and a replacement MAP sensor since my old one was damaged upon removal. Well, I installed all the new bits, swapped the MAP that came with the intercooler out like the vendor...
  12. JDSwan87

For Sale: MKIV Jetta Hood Bra (48182)

SOLD! Black MKIV Jetta hood bra with "JETTA" embroidered on it. Good usable condition. Can provide pics upon request, will add some to this thread in the next few days. SOLD $115 shipped OBO (not sure what these are worth exactly)
  13. JDSwan87

00741 Fault Brake Pedal Monitoring Help

99.5 Jetta flashing glow plug light. VCDS scan yielded a 00741 fault, Brake Pedal Monitoring Implausible Signal. Foot off brake, VCDS measuring group 006, block 2 shows 001 (I know it should be 000). Pedal pressed shows 011. I disconnected the switch and VCDS shows a 011. Car harness Pin 2 & 3...
  14. JDSwan87

Harmonic Balancer fell off, need advice

A friends harmonic balancer fell off his ALH. Old harmonic balancer is gone, happened on highway. Based on the pics, did the engine slip time? [/url][/IMG] [/url][/IMG] EDIT: The bolt was found in his driveway. The failure occurred on the highway, loud racket, battery light came on, then 2...
  15. JDSwan87

Fly and Drive Vehicle purchase tips?

Looking at vehicles in Texas due to living in the Rust Belt. I'm looking specifically in Dallas, TX due to having a close friend who lives there. He's already agreed to go look at vehicles for me. Any other tips to ask for before I book a plane ticket?
  16. JDSwan87

Mk4 Jetta/Golf Steel Engine Skid Plate: Toledo, OH

SOLD SOLD SOLD For sale: Galvanized Steel skid plate for 99.5-05 Golf or Jetta. Uses the same hardware as the DieselGeek Panzer (from what I'm told). Hardware kit and posts will cost you $140 shipped from DieselGeek. There is NO hardware or posts included in this sale. Asking $110 picked up...
  17. JDSwan87

New TDIClub Merchandise Available!!

Noticed today the pictures on the main page changed. New merchandise available everyone! https://tdiclub.com/store/index.shtml
  18. JDSwan87

Possible New-to-me vehicle purchase

So in roughly 1 month, we will have a new addition to the family. I naively thought I could fit 2 car seats in the back of my 2005 Jetta wagon. While yes, they do indeed fit, there is no way I can drive with a forward facing carseat behind my drivers seat. Rear facing takes up more space. So, I...
  19. JDSwan87

Spotted! Temperance MI!

I've seen you ripping around lately. You are in a blue ALH 5spd Jetta, pretty sure it's tuned. Also has a yellow front plate (John Deere? CAT?). I was behind you for a few miles, we exchanged waves, then I turned into my driveway on Lewis. I'd love to meet up and just exchange numbers. (This...
  20. JDSwan87

Replace BEW intercooler as preventative maintenance?

So my BEW has 196k miles in it and the intercooler piping is oil soaked and I'm sure all the oil o ring seals are blown out. Car is an automatic with a RC1, complete dad mobile, nothing special. My question is, is it worth it to replace the intercooler as preventative maintenance? Do...