Search results

1. S

Recoding required after water pump change?

I figured it out by actually looking at the water pump more closely. For the future reference of others, the water pump has a port that the solenoid bolts into. I had not noticed that on my initial inspection.
  2. S

Recoding required after water pump change?

I am about to do the timing belt and water pump on my 2015 Passat CVCA. The new water pump I got with the timing belt kit does not have the flap/solenoid. Do I need to do any recoding or VCDS magic when I swap that pump out? I have done all the research I can about the timing belt and water...
  3. S

Mold smell - how to find source - how to fix?

Hi MK3, I have the same problem that you do on my 02 golf and after reading all your posts, have followed much the same path. I did find one thing that helps with the mold, Concrobium Liquid Mildew Remover. It looks and smells like water, but it works to get rid of the mold, and keeps it gone...
  4. S

Project Kill Da Auto Wabbit!, Or how I learned to love the Manual Swap

I don't use cruise that often, so I will double check that it works on my way home.
  5. S

An adjustment problem? I know it works, it cancels cruise, and prevents engine start as expected.
  6. S

I did a manual swap on my 02 Golf TDI and everything went perfectly. Everything works (clutch switch, cruise, reverse lights) and no CEL or codes. The only mod on this car is larger nozzle injectors from a manual car. With that said, I have noticed one odd thing that doesn't make sense to me...
  7. S

TDIFest 2011 coming to Lexington, KY

Tell me about it bigsexyTDI, I just noticed this and was shocked! I will finally get to meet all the people I have been reading about and leeching knowledge off of for so long.
  8. S

Wanted: BAD 01M...

I will soon, but the shipping may be a little much.
  9. S

WTB Kill Da Wabbit parts, or suitable parts car, East Central US

Need all parts to do a Kill Da Wabbit swap. Would also be happy to find just a transmission since other parts can be located locally or over the internet, but a whole swap package would be awesome. Nationwide shipping or regional pickup are ok. Would also be willing to buy a manual TDI...
  10. S

FS: TDI 02J Trans w/ 25K miles & LUK clutch kit

I want it if it is still available. Happy to pay for the shipping. How much for you to strap it to a pallet?
  11. S

WTB Front driver tan cloth seat or whole leather int.

I have a 2001 Jetta with a tan cloth (not velour) interior, with the drivers side impact airbag blown. I either want to replace it with original, or replace the entire interior (4seats and door cards) with a leather interior in tan or black. Happy to arrange for shipping or what ever.
  12. S

F/S. Beige manual cloth seats and rear.

please save me! If these are still available I really need:mad: a new drivers seat and will take the bunch and be happy to PAY:) for them, plus shipping or other arrangments. I hit a pothole and blew the side impact airbag, AAARRRGH. Thanks
  13. S

Weird Electrical Stuff

Honestly I can't see a paint chip doing such a thing. The first place I would check is for burnt fuses, sounds simple but strange things can happen when a circuit is open that should not be. My next guess would be a loose ground somewhere under the dash causing voltage feedback through the...
  14. S

A/C has me stumped!!!

The fan has been fixed, and as far as I can tell the way the ECU knows that an over heat has occurred is when the thermo switch on the radiator (it has 2 sections) turns on. One side powers the fans directly on low speed, and the higher side triggers the fan control module to turn the fans on...
  15. S

A/C has me stumped!!!

So either no body loves me, or this really has everybody stumped. I still have not solved this issue, and I have exhausted all of my personal knowledge. My conclusion so far is that the ECM is telling the fan/ac control module not to turn on the compressors for some reason. I am stumped as to...
  16. S

A/C has me stumped!!!

I learned a little bit more today. The output on T14/10 (voltage output to the compressor) is a floating 9.5 volts. As soon as the compressor is plugged in and provides a ground for the circuit, the voltage drops, so there is really not any output there. I also found out where some of the...
  17. S

A/C has me stumped!!!

OK, I am at the end of my rope. Here are the details: 2001 Jetta TDI 5sp GL manual AC. I bought the car with no AC working (several other electrical problems that have been solved). So far what I know is: 1. The air is cold when the compressor is jumped to +12. 2. The drivers side cooling fan...
  18. S

Cooling Fan and A/C

Hey Jeff, I have been having AC problems too. My Drivers side fan was bad, I pulled it and now the passengers side seems to work ok (both speeds). I would strongly suggest unlugging the dead one until you can replace it so you don't fry the Cooling Fan Control Relay. That seems to be part of...