Search results

1. R

VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

You're probably right but that $500 was for the dealerships, not us. The $500 cash we received plus the amount we're getting from VW with the court approved settlement, I'd say we're going to come out alright and had a good little car in the meantime.
  2. R

What other cars have you DRIVEN as you consider replacement?

I agree. The sportwagens have a lot of features not seen in more upscale cars. That quality was part of the appeal, too. Hope they don't forget their roots.
  3. R

Yep, TDI's set the bar way up there but something's got to give. Not the best but not the end of the world. Beats the hell out of my old Land Rover at 10/13; city/highway but it's paid for.
  4. R

The alltrack has peaked my interest. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.
  5. R

I don't want a sport SUV. I just want a good wagon with a manual transmission.
  6. R

Am I correct in thinking Subaru no longer offers a manual transmission on the Outback or Forester?
  7. R

I, too love my jsw but who ever received $600 less for their car than they paid after almost three years of ownership and 50,000 miles? I've thought about the Volvo wagons. I once owned one and loved it and the newer ones are nice cars but I think I'll just keep the cash and run my old 1993...
  8. R

TDI Used Oil Lab Analyses Results & Discussions

Thank you for the replies. I was a bit nervous about the TBN as it appears others get much higher numbers and mine seems a little close for comfort in comparison. Thanks again,
  9. R

Below is the URL loaded on this website. Any observations are greatly appreciated. http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/516/Oil_Analysis_at_39_981_Miles_20160407_for_TDI_Forums.pdf
  10. R

August 2016 Mileage Thread

Driver: ray96disco Miles: 621.8 Gallons: 12.075 Model Year: 2014 Model: JSW Tranny: 6M Fuel Type: ULSD San Antonio, TX to Little Rock, AR Driver: ray96disco Miles: 703.3 Gallons: 13.815 Model Year: 2014 Model: JSW Tranny: 6M Fuel Type: ULSD Memphis, TN to New Braunfels, TX - Finally hit the 700...
  11. R

1st Analysis - 30k miles What do you think for a first timer? How does it look? I'm up to 38,000 miles now but this was done back in October. I appreciate the feedback.
  12. Oil_Analysis_at_29_936_Miles_20150930_for_TDI_Forums1

Oil_Analysis_at_29_936_Miles_20150930_for_TDI_Forums1

13. R

Hard Start / No Start - Is your intercooler frozen? Check Here!

I'd think it's better to check the hole from time to time than have that slop ingested.
  14. R

Hard Start / No Start - Is your intercooler frozen? Check Here!

I thought the HPFP problem was a thing of the past. Oh, well, what're you going to do? Story of my life.
  15. R

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Lol, I think most politicians are confusingly disconnected.
  16. R

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

I don't know of one rep or senator that's helped anyone I know (That's not to say they haven't but I don't know about it.)