Search results

1. H

U.S. Comeback?

I would not buy an electric car for at least 10-15 years. They have so many problems and batteries are extremely expensive. I wish VW would bring TDIs back to the US! I see so many people driving large vehicles to and from work and wasting fuel for no reason. TDI is the way to go! EPA needs to...
  2. H

2006 TDI jetta turbo seal leaking oil

The correct part number for the OEM o-ring is 3C0-129-646. I replaced it on my 2006 Jetta TDI, but it still appears to be seeping a bit and it drips right on the heater core hoses. It seeps just enough that makes the hose oily between the oil changes which will lead to early degradation of the...
  3. H

Which rear Strut Mount Round or Oval

I just changed my rear shocks on MK5 and had to remove the springs. If you have good spring removal tool, it is easy to do it, I use the two clamps to compress the springs a bit, and then remove the bolt that holds the rear lower control arm attached to the bearing housing. Make sure you use...
  4. H

Heat Shield Blanket part#?

Looks like you have some oil in there. I have a similar problem, I think either one of my lines going to the turbo is leaking or the turbo itself, and the rubber hose that is attached to the heater core is getting deteriorated from all the oil. Did you ever find a cheaper place for the "heat...
  5. H

Where to buy aux. heater?

Ok just for those who still come across this page, one of the resistors (larger one that is 62 ohms) had a bad cold joint and I managed to resolder all 5 of them and the Aux heater seems to be working. I was able to clear the code using VCDS and everything seems to be working ok now. So...
  6. H

So I was able to find and remove mine. I am still getting the code 00361 - Heather element fault. I think all three heating elements are OK, it is hard to check them with the ohm meter, because the resistance would be so low, and all the other circuitry that is connected, but I think the...
  7. H

HI, I think I might have a similar problem with my Aux heater, it keeps throwing code 00361 (Heater element defective). I was able to clear the code but then it reappeared same code 00361 as intermittent. I am thinking either the heating element or the controller are defective. Does someone...
  8. H

1984 vw rabbit good or bad idea for . . . .

Sorry to bringing this thread up from the grave... I used to have 84 Rabbit diesel 4-speed manual...it was a great car! Mine had a block heater, but I have never used it and with winters being so cold here in Michigan, I have never had any issues starting up in the morning. Good and working glow...
  9. H

ECU tuning for 2006 PD 1.9L TDI DIESELS

Thank you for this fine explanation. I am still thinking between stage 1.5 or 2. I drive this daily so didn't want to damage something. Sounds like stage 2 would work good except in certain conditions, so driving it in a normal manner should be a problem at all, correct?
  10. H

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the inputs!! Does stage 2 require any additional components to be replaced/tuned other than the ECU? Would the stock turbo provide enough boost pressure?
  11. H

I have been looking around the net and seems like MALONE TUNING is a good place to do your tuning. And now here is the main question: Does the tune shorten the life of your engine? If VW could get 24hp and 50ftlbs more out of their engines, why didn't they adjust/modify the ECU so engine...
  12. H

ECU Flash

Anyone knows if you can take the EPROM out of the ECU and read/erase/reflash it that way? I haven't open one of those personally, but I am sure there must be a way for a quick replacement/upgrade. I am pretty sure most people would do with a dedicated programmer for certain cars, that I have...
  13. H

how do I find my Security Access Code

Does anyone know the login code for the engine control module for 2006 TDI? When I try 12233, VCDS says "Code Accepted" but I can't seem to see or change anything. Looking to change the glow plug time to stay on a bit longer. Thanks!!!
  14. H

2006 Jetta DIY Headliner

2004starwarstdi, how did he remove the headliner from the vehicle? Through the front or back door? Is it flexible?
  15. H

2006 Jetta DIY Headliner

My 2006 TDI had falling headliner in the rear section of the vehicle when I purchased it. At first I was thinking left open sunroof contributed to the damage, but later on I found out that rear XM/radio antenna is the real cause. Appears to be a problem with this vehicles from what I read. I am...
  16. H

2006 Jetta TDI ---- Shakes While at Idle (Sometimes)

No it shakes same way when all accessories are ON or OFF. I also notice when I come to a slow stop, the entire vehicle would shake. It is hard to feel it, but I definitely can feel the shake. I finally figured out how to read the "Torsion value" and with warm engine, idling for 2-3 minutes, I...
  17. H

2006 Jetta TDI ---- Shakes While at Idle (Sometimes)

Amazing, appears this to be an issue with other owners as well. I have 2006 TDI BRM that has exact problem. NO problems starting in the morning, even when it gets down to -15C, but appears when the engine warms up when I am at a traffic light stopped, the entire car would shake, and you can...
  18. H

Thumping Clutch Pedal

This is my next project too. I feel the same "thumping" when I slightly depress the clutch pedal. Seems like the there is less noise with clutch pedal fully depressed. Mine has 56k miles and bought it like this, but seems like the lady who drove it before me destroyed it. So far I don't have any...
  19. H

RCD 510 premium radio.

What is the color of the buttons when it turns on at night? Are these compatible with 2006 Jettas? Thanks!!
  20. H

Wtb BRM engine

Damn...I used to pick up an engine for my Honda Accord for $400 10 years ago. That is pretty expensive for an engine...