Search results

1. LurkerMike

Replacement 01M Not Available from Dealer

It is my wife's car and she's my bestest customer. Her report to me was the check engine light "just" came on and the transmission "just" started slipping. Fine. Slap a rebuilt valve body on it and buy the time needed to orchestrate a 5-speed swap. But what she really meant, that didn't...
  2. LurkerMike

So far, so good... This replacement 01M is definitely a new case. This "new" 01M shifts into drive and reverse much faster than the original 01M did when we got it in 2006 with 60k miles on it. It feels much more solid in 1st gear than the original one did before I did the KERMA mod to...
  3. LurkerMike

oilhammer, when you get time, could you post up the correct current VW ATF p/n? I know that the manual trans has gone through several newer backwards compatible gear lubes and I am curious if the specified ATF has also changed over the years?
  4. LurkerMike

Thanks for clearing that up! :)
  5. LurkerMike

Could I trouble you to get me the correct trans mount part number that I will need? I already have the new bolts in hand but I am unsure of the mount. I am assuming the mount is different if I need to replace it, unless it is an issue of the threads failing? Thanks! -Mike
  6. LurkerMike

/// 1996 Passat GLX TDI Wagon ///

PM, email and voice mail sent... :~p (after resolving confusion over the two different 96 B4V's for sale in two different posts)
  7. LurkerMike

Yes, that was my first "mod" and I think the adapt is turned off, does that sound right? Also I believe the slightly higher shift points are less stressful on the trans and even engine and worth the very slight ding to fuel economy. Every 10k I have done the drain and fill, about ~2 quarts of...
  8. LurkerMike

Is the mount different that the one that is on the car now? Could I trouble you for the P/N? Are all the vertical bolts the same? I keep some new ones on hand... Isn't there a special brace that is needed to hold the engine in place when the trans is dropped? Is the TCM memory reset with...
  9. LurkerMike

01M 300 032 GX ordered! New plan: No Kerma or other mods. No more WOT wheel spinning launches even though 1st and 2nd gear are still solid in the dead 01M and will still do burn outs now with no problem... in other words I don't think that is what did in 3rd and 4th gear... the Kerma mod's...
  10. LurkerMike

Thanks! YOU are THE MAN!
  11. LurkerMike

Thanks OH, do you think the 01M 300 032 GX will plug and play? The transmission is stamped: ELT 29109 3169ZD4
  12. LurkerMike

01M 300 039 CX replacement transmission for my 2000 TDI Jetta is no longer available from VW. 01M 300 032 GX which fit some 2000 TDI's is still available for ~$3,600. Does anyone know what the differences are and what it would take to fit the 01M 300 032 GX into a car that came with the 01M...
  13. LurkerMike

Why the clutched alternator pulley?

Yes, as well as every time you lift the throttle on a 5-speed to change gears, the rpms drop, the serpentine belt must pull hard to slow down the big amperage heavy spinning mass TDI alternator. I suspect it is probably as much or more a factor of how heavy the spinning mass of the...
  14. LurkerMike

Another 01M running from Freddy

I hope I'm not done just yet! Let's see what Richard can do with the VB and how many more miles I can outrun Freddy!!! I plan to use any extra borrowed time to obtain the needed 5-speed conversion parts, either as hand me downs from a six speed conversion of "Red" or as an outright package...
  15. LurkerMike

Another 01M running from Freddy

We bought "Whitey", a 2000 TDI 01M car in 2006 with 60k miles on it. I could not live with the soft shifts and waiting forever to shift into reverse. I did the KERMA line pressure mod and switch to Amsoil ATF. The change was dramatic, as it shifted like an old Turbo 350 or 400, the way I...
  16. LurkerMike

how long u hade your tdi and what year?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slade_discography 1971 "Look Wot You Dun" 1972 "Take Me Bak 'Ome" 1972 "Mama Weer All Crazee Now" 1972 "Gudbuy T' Jane" 1973 "Cum on Feel the Noize" 1973 "Skweeze Me Pleeze Me"
  17. LurkerMike

Slade!!!
  18. LurkerMike

yes ..
  19. LurkerMike

Lurk's Mandral Pipes Projects

Thanks... and Ouch! That does not help the Bugs tho...