Search results

1. C

Cross platform Plus suspension swap question [lower control arm compatibility]

Anyone have a clue what the metal bracket in the red circle is for? I haven't seen a use for it in 5 or 6 VW's I've taken apart, I'm about to take it off the subframe because unnecessary weight.
  2. C

Well I just found out the knuckles I pulled have bad wheel bearings in them, so I'm gonna move over to my other parts car that has good and clean knuckles and all in it. The other parts car actually is a Passat B4 wagon GLX that's in really nice shape, and I hate to part it out, but I really...
  3. C

I guess that really depends on your definition of 'negligible'. One has a steel case and the other aluminum, there may be a couple pounds of difference there and it's not like they're all that hard to change out when the subframes are already out of the cars. If one is lighter, I'd rather use...
  4. C

I actually found all the information I needed on this about 5 minutes after I posted... which was 2 hours into searching. Everything will work just fine, I'll just have to mix and match parts to get the right combination, but they're all swappable. I'm now trying to figure out if the ZF or TRW...
  5. C

B4 Central Locking Problem

So if I just wanted to completely remove the central locking system from my B4 TDi, what should I expect to do, and what problems might I run into?
  6. C

I'm getting ready to swap my B4 TDi's suspension to VR6 parts for the 5 lug upgrade and better handling capability [and because it's cheaper than replacing the 3 calipers on my car that don't work]. The control arms I'm about to order are listed as replacements for a VR6 Passat, but they have...
  7. C

How can I by-pass the temperature sensors in the catalytic converter

Randomly came across this, but I have a GQ ECU in my '96 and both the 5th injector and the cat temp sensors are present and working... I plugged the 5th injector and have a ripped wire on the after cat sensor and I'm seeing a CEL for the temp sensor that I have to resolve eventually [using the...
  8. C

New Member, New [to me] TDi B4

So in addition to ^^^ that one, I had ordered a new nose panel from eBay. Whn I got it, it was all scratched up into the metal, etc... so I complained, they sent me a new one, which was in similar condition, as well as being a poor stamping with incomplete lines and corners... I complained...
  9. C

Many MK4 parts for sale, im cleaning out. Stock, Performance, Aftermarket

If its less than 2 hrs I can typical make it there on a weekend. That's the only time O have available right now anyway. I'd like to get the cylinder head and a couple other things at least but shipping will be ridiculous for them lol
  10. C

FS: B4 TDI OEM Plastic Skid, Oilpan Skid, Engine Cover

Darkness.suspended@gmail.com pics plox... also a price.
  11. C

Simple chassis question..

That's all I need. I can manage from there with using various mounts etc to get everything lines up properly. The nose mount is the only one I'll really have to mess with, and the front starter/trans mount if I decide notbtobuse the VW cross member. Its pretty easy, Gonna use tdi/std hubs and...
  12. C

Simple chassis question..

I'm doing an IDI swap into a Festiva chassis and need to know if MK3 K member is the same as MK2 K member... that's apparently not something that anyone I know can answer for me and I can't seem to find the answer. Basically as long as the chassis bolts and mount locations are the same is all I...
  13. C

Many MK4 parts for sale, im cleaning out. Stock, Performance, Aftermarket

Maps I deactivated on my tablet, where is Morrisville in relation to Elmira or Binghamton NY? If you're close enough I may make a trip to paw through your parts bin for some spares lol
  14. C

Dear John: I need an efficient diesel sedan under $30,000

So you won't buy a Ford or Dodge either, right? They ALL took money. They all had the same obligations to pay it back. GM is the only one that really screwed the pooch on the deal, but it wasn't the company, nor the cars, it was a few executives who couldn't be bothered to do their jobs and earn...
  15. C

CCV Mod Updates?

It'd have been the restriction of the cat... The vaccum/pressure gauge is what I'd like to see really... one in the line and maybe one tapped at the block somewhere to determine if its pulling enough to defeat the inflow from the vac pump at least. Ideal would be neutral pressure or maybe 1-3"...
  16. C

1.6 tdi - #2 injector pipe

The return lines just push on and pull off. If they haven't already been replaced with viton, nows a good time to do that. You'll never have to replace them again.
  17. C

CCV Mod Updates?

Would you be willing to run some tests on the system and provide supporting data?
  18. C

CT TDI Master Thread. Multiple parts cars. Quality used parts. New invetory weekly!

Subbing for any B4 or compatible Passat parts at reasonable or better than reasonable prices. ;)
  19. C

1.6 tdi - #2 injector pipe

Partsplace has them. Any junkyard. You can use a hydraulic hose as a short term repair. Or have a line made. Also, you dont have a TDi. If you have a turbo model, its an IDI-T.