Search results

1. N

FS: Mk5 Stock Headunit (6 CD Changer - 3c8035180a)

Cleaning out the garage - have this MK5 stock stereo for sale. I have the unlock code as well. No noticeable imperfections, soft touch buttons look good. Came out of my CC, but I believe it works in any Mk5 car. $45 shipped in US OBO upload image
  2. N

FREE: Scangauge Cable & HU726/2X Oil Filter

ALL ITEMS ARE TAKEN Cleaning out the garage, free items, you pay shipping, or local pickup in Mankato, MN area (I could also possible meet in Burnsville, MN area occasionally): Scangauge Cable Mann HU726/2X Oil Filter upload image Febi Thermostat Flange (038121121) upload image
  3. N

FS: BEW EGR Valve 038131501

Cleaning out the garage, still had this from a previous car. I had a persistent EGR code and replaced the valve, however, code did not go away, so I assume this valve is good. $80 shipped in US OBO upload image
  4. N

FS: Dieselgeek FMJ Side Skirts (brand new)

SOLD I have a set of Dieselgeek full metal jacket side Skirts for sale. They were never installed, bought them for a car that I sold before I got a chance to put them on. Includes all hardware needed. I think you do need the DG panzer plate to install these. Asking $100 shipped anywhere in the...
  5. N

Tapatalk error

Does this happen to anyone else, or is it something going on with my phone? In tapatalk, I can browse the forum, but can't read any threads. It correctly shows my subscriptions, whether they're unread, etc, but when I open any thread, I get this: It reads: "Network error, please try again...
  6. N

Intake Manifolg Gasket Kinked

I am in the process of cleaning the intake on my Golf. The PO had purchased all the parts for the job and left them to me. I just now noticed that there is a kink in the intake manifold gasket, looks like it got bent somehow. Is this OK to use / will it get straightened out when i tighten it, or...
  7. N

MAF Graph Opinions

Hello! I am just looking for some opinions on my MAF. I thought my car seemed a little sluggish recently (2002 Golf 5spd ALH). It has 225k miles, not sure if MAF has ever been changed. I ran 2nd and 3rd gear pull, here is the graph: And boost if anyone is curious
  8. N

FS: BEW EGR Valve

Cleaning out the garage, and I still had this EGR Valve from a car I have since sold. Removed and bypassed EGR because the lower tube was cracked. I have the upper tube and can throw it in as well, it is in good condition. This is from an 05 Jetta, the car had no codes when I removed this. I'm...
  9. N

Dragging rear brake

Hello! I have read that there seems to be a fairly common issue with the dragging driver's side rear brake. I think I have this issue. I noticed a drop in FE from 48 to 45 or so. One issue I noticed was that two tires had a slow leak. The other issue is that the left rear wheel seems to drag a...
  10. N

Scangauge Mount

Hello! I bought a car that came with a Scangauge II. The unit was installed with Velcro. I have been trying to find out what the proper way to mount this is, and it seems Velcro is the way the Scangauge manual suggests mounting it. The problem I have is that with Velcro, it always seems to...
  11. N

2005 Jetta TDI 5 speed - $3,700 OBO

SOLD 2005 Jetta TDI 5 speed SOLD! I'm selling a 2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI, looking for $3,700 OBO. Located in Southern MN near Mankato. Current Odo is about 217,200 miles. VIN 3VWSR69MX5M042569 The car spent the first half of its life in Texas, so it's fairly rust free, there are only a...
  12. N

FS: Thule Roof Rack

SOLD I am selling a set of Thule crossbars as the base for a roof rack system. The set consists of the square metal bars, the mounting towers, and rubber feet molded to the roofline. It also comes with locks for each tower and one key. As far as I can tell, everything works perfectly. The locks...
  13. N

Panavise Mount Question

Hello! I have a question about the Panavise mount. It is the upper mount, goes next to the cupholder (part no 75138-404). I am confused over the install instructions (don't have the mount, just looking at the info online). I know that the glovebox can only be removed by removing part of the...
  14. N

Oil Cooler & Pressure Switch Leak

I have had a large amount of crusted oil around the oil cooler area. Yesterday, I washed the area and after a drive could clearly see that the oil cooler seals are seeping oil. I also noticed that there seems to be oil on the plastic part of the pressure switch. If that is leaking there, would I...
  15. N

Steering Wheel Swap Plain to MFSW

I have an 05 and an 02, the 05 has a MFSW and the 02 does not. They both have cruise control though. Is it possible to just swap the steering wheel,wiper stalk and clock spring between the cars, or is there more to it?
  16. N

High Beams Partially Working

Hello! High beams work partially. By this, I mean when I pull the stalk towards me (flash to pass), they come on, but when I push it forward, they do not. Is the likely culprit the wiper stalk switch? Is this possibly fixed by cleaning, or is replacement the better option? Thanks!
  17. N

Lift Pump - Why does my car not stall

Hello! I have figured out that my lift pump is not operable. I have a new one on order already. I checked fuse and also checked that it's getting 12V when i turn the key on at the connector on the fuel pump. the pump does not run, though. So my question is, from what I have read, on the newer...
  18. N

Mileage Certification Form

Just a hopefully quick question about the mileage certification form. Everything there seems to be geared towards only one person selling the car (Begins with "I, ..." and later says "Seller Name" etc, but does say "Seller Signature(s)". So how do you fill this out if it's multiple sellers? My...
  19. N

5th gear problems

Hello all! 2005 5-speed manual When I was driving home from work today, I was just leaving town and so just put the car into 5th gear for the first time since leaving work, after a few seconds maybe it just revved really high, almost like the clutch was slipping. However, I shifted into 4th and...
  20. N

2009 JSW Lukewarm Heat

Hello! I have a 2009 JSW (CBEA engine) that has always had very low heat. The A/C blows very cold, but the heat is just lukewarm. When I first got the car, it was constantly below 0 outside and I had read that the diesel will put out less heat than a gas car, so I just attributed it to that and...