Search results

1. C

Imported TDI's and 'dieselgate'

Did it include the funds from Bosch? Or is that still to come? Or did it not come up at all?
  2. C

Imported TDI's and 'dieselgate'

I have a VCDS cable and can run a diagnostic to read the code(s) and then clear it for you. It'll just cost you a trip to Oakville and a Starbucks order! Let me know if interested.
  3. C

E-test question

You're also going to need to get a Safety Standards Certificate. http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/trucks/motor-vehicle-inspection-stations.shtml
  4. C

Anyone from Toronto here?

Great time to come up and visit us with our crappy dollar right now, it's going to be like everything is 30% off for you! I hope the meet up works out and you enjoy your trip.
  5. C

RNS510 Firmware & Maps Info Thread

Are there any Release Notes or summaries of the improvements/changes made between each firmware release? And the latest map update is data only as new as Q3-2014?? Really?? That's well over a year old already - almost 2!!!
  6. C

MK4 Jetta glass headlight lenses group buy - available right away

These are a great upgrade over the plastic ones, especially if yours are already pitted and/or yellowed/hazed over the years. No relation to the OP, but I'd do this mod in a heartbeat for this price.
  7. C

PSA: DEF does NOT go in the fuel tank

Q7 TDI is like this with both behind the fuel door. Big difference though is that the cap on the DEF tank needs a wrench to open. I suppose if it was put on loose you could probably undo it with your fingers, but it's pretty obvious that it's not just a regular twist off cap!
  8. C

Using Bluetooth for playing music

Have a look at something like this: http://www.viseeo.com/ugC_Down_Detail.asp?hidShowID=15 I've not used it myself but I've seen others recommend it on forums.
  9. C

VCDS computer?

If you just want something for logging/scanning, just get something cheap from kijiji
  10. C

AdBlue

You don't need any of these tools/accessories to be able to successfully fill the adblue tank!!! Just get a 1 Litre jug of adblue from your local VW/Audi Dealer. It's designed with the correct special connector to screw on to the adblue filler. Once the jug is empty, just cut the bottom of the...
  11. C

MKIV Jetta Wagon - 5th Brake Light/Euro Blinker Position 'MOD'

Through researching how to do something similar on mk VI tails, I found an explanation for why VWofA does this. It comes down to a difference in standards between Europe and U.S. (FMVSS). The European standards are more modern and require that turn signals put out a certain minimum amount of...
  12. C

Southern Ontario Mechanic Reviews Thread

Went to MotorFabrik last week for brakes. Very happy with the quality of work, price, and service. Will definitely go back.
  13. C

Shell the only one to offer two grades of DIESEL?

Interesting. The larger nozzle won't fit for my 2011 Q7 TDI. I assumed that was the case for other TDI's too. Maybe a difference between Audi & VW?
  14. C

Shell the only one to offer two grades of DIESEL?

The nozzle on the regular diesel at most Shell stations that I've seen is usually the bigger "commercial" diameter. So if you're filling up at Shell you probably have to use the V-Power anyways.
  15. C

What's with diesel price now?

Should be cheaper, but at least diesel is $0.08 less than RUG these days.
  16. C

Flyer went down my driver's window

Very annoying and just happened last week to me too, just like you described. Except mine was more of a business card sized piece. Figured I'd keep it in the back of my mind until there was a need to fix something in the door.
  17. C

"Forward Collision Warning System"?

It's basically the same as the Audi system - works in conjunction with the adaptive cruise control. Video from Audi explains both: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdGeMhpns60 If you want to skip to just the brake part, go to 3:30 mark
  18. C

Value of Highline vs Comfortline (with all options)

Aside from power leather seats and bigger wheels, it looks like the other differences are: sport seats, LED interior lighting, ambient interior lighting, some interior/exterior trim differences, and forward collision warning. From that perspective, it seems like you're better off loading up...
  19. C

Cruise control braking

Yes - adaptive cruise lights up the brake lights if the system applies the brakes.
  20. C

Looking at getting a heater for the garage

Good price on infrared heaters here: http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?c=&cat=1,43456,43465&p=44590 Buy 2 for good coverage.