Search results

1. PakProtector

Beetle mirrors?

Are the Beetle mirrors the same as Golf and Jetta ones? Douglas
  2. PakProtector

Sealtbelt tensioner: resistance too low

Got an airbag light on the '05 Golf. Many codes...but with a history of a dead battery, I cleared them. One remained upon re-start. The DS belt tensioner reads 'low resistance'. And no, I am not going to take a DMM to it and try measuring it. One experience inside a car whilst somebody else did...
  3. PakProtector

Wanted: hood latch handle pin

with clip I hope... :) Had one of the herd apart and lost the confounded thing. thanks! Douglas
  4. PakProtector

PD Glowplug voltage in VCDS

Where is it through VCDS that I can determine what the glow plug voltage is? Douglas
  5. PakProtector

ACT VR1-HDMM Clutch

I just installed an ACT VR1-HDMM clutch kit in my BEW Jetta. The particular beast is a NOS variant from the interweb flea market. The new one is -HDSS and is from my correspondence the same but for the Spec 1.1 also being applied to the disc( instead of just the pressure plate ). Kinda laughable...
  6. PakProtector

BEW AC Compressor( and what to do with it for an engine pull)

My herd of ALH's were pretty easy to figure out; drop the compressor out the bottom and rest it upon a suitable support. Pull engine/trans and reverse for the install. BEW is most certainly not going to be happy with that process, and I'd rather not de-pressurize it if only to save the cost of...
  7. PakProtector

Blend door arm...grrrrr!!!!

On my '02 Jetta the arm and pivot fell out. Heat went from zero to something like 3/4's on. Got under there, peeking in from driver's side after removing the front bit of footwell cover and saw it dropped out of contact with the tongue of the blend door itself( a wee bit of interweb research...
  8. PakProtector

PD Pump Lift Rate?

What is the PD pump lift per crank degree? BEW engine( if it matters ) is of interest, but if there are several, I'd not mind hearing. Or if an aftermarket cam has a different rate, that would be welcome info as well. Douglas
  9. PakProtector

WTB: Black Cloth Armrest

Hunting for a black cloth armrest. Just the upper part( the lower mount I have). Could offer a grey or tan leather one as a partial trade( with $$ from me ). Douglas
  10. PakProtector

Wanted: Pass-side manual mirror assembly

Need a cabled, manual mirror for pass side of a Mk4. Golf or Jetta; both are the same... :) No care to colour. IFF there is a choice, black would be it. Douglas
  11. PakProtector

Golf hood in a Golf?

Is it possible to fit a Golf hood in a Golf without folding or cutting it? Douglas
  12. PakProtector

WTB: MK4 Golf Hood

Most desired color code is LB5N; Indigo Blue Pearl. Will travel for a nice one. Douglas
  13. PakProtector

FS: 1.8T turbo pipe

The bigger, fatter one for a 1.8T that goes between the turbo and the IC. $45 shipped in the lower 48... :) Mail me for pics if need be. Douglas
  14. PakProtector

German Car Event at the Gilmore

July 8, 2023...as noted in the events page of Munks Motors, in Waterford, MI » Events (munks.com) In the absence of GTG's of late, let's go
  15. PakProtector

WTB: 5x112 Passat 16" Steel

Hunting a single 5x112x16 Passat steel wheel. Or maybe not from a Passat, as long as it is a 5x112 16" steel wheel. Unless on some strange unlikelihood you have a Momo Winter Pro of the same fitting. 16x6.5 ET 45 ( which is not exactly the same fitting, but that is a match for the 4 I have )...
  16. PakProtector

WTB: Set of big rods

These being ones for 51mm crank journals. BHW among them. Tapered small end. Thanks, Douglas
  17. PakProtector

'04 BEW Died

Usual trip to work, got nearly there...driving gently under cool down protocol and when I put in the clutch to stop at the last stop sign he died. Quick attempt at re-start was not successful. Any thoughts? Timing system is 10k miles old( and I was the one who did it )...paranoia is beginning...
  18. PakProtector

WTB: BEW flexible intake tube

This is the bit between the MAF and the hard pipe that ducks down to the turbo. BEW bits are different from the ALH, and BEW is shorter...Paypal or cash waiting... :) This for a Jetta/Golf. Thanks, Douglas
  19. PakProtector

Wed Wagon in Detroit

If any of youse contemplate a red Jetta wagon in Detriot( from the FB Marketplace ), drop me a note as I went to see it... :) what I have to tell you may either throw you off it, or light a fire under you... :) It is not exactly as advertised... Douglas
  20. PakProtector

GT1856 turbine wheel size?

For turbo like the 1856, what is the exhaust wheel size? guessing something between 17( 43/39) and 20(47/43), but would sure like to know what is what... :) Douglas