Search results

1. W

P0299

woops i forgot to add this. I also have white smoke pouring out the exhaust.
  2. W

P0299

bump ttt
  3. W

P0299

Just wanted to update. Start my car today to move it to a better spot to work on. Havent driven it since this issue. Thing had white smoke pouring out the exhaust. I check the engine oil and there was nothing on the dipstick. I figure it got to be a blown turbo seal or something now
  4. W

TURBO: Please report NMS turbo failures here. [not a discussion thread!]

just wanted to add to the list here. Sorry Im so disgusted by the car that i want to spend as little time as possible writing/talking about it. This is my second turbo that just failed. Turbo model number ends in a Q. I got 100,000 miles on my car. heard a pop sound, some lights flashed on...
  5. W

P0299

Hi guys, I got another issue with my 2013 passat tdi. I was driving my car. going off a stop light i heard a little pop sound, glow plug light came on flashing, car shut off, turned car back on, had no power. glow plug light went away, slowly drove home, scanned computer, got P0299 code for...
  6. W

fan Always running

maybe i should pick up a scanguage 2 to monitor this stuff. I head the temp guage in the car is mostly for show once you get to operating temp.
  7. W

fan Always running

ok thanks guys. I was paranoid for a while thinking i was going to possibly overheat the engine because something wasnt running right.
  8. W

fan Always running

but how can it always be in regen. and when i turn the car off the fan will stay on for like 0-5 seconds max. i just hit 60k miles, is there maybe a special regen that runs londer ?
  9. W

fan Always running

hey guys, over the past couple weeks i noticed my TDI is starting to do something different. what happens is once the engine warms up the fan will come on and will always run. I could understand if its running during city driving but i mostly do highway, and the thing just keeps running. at...
  10. W

TURBO: 2012-2014 Passat turbo failures [discussion thread]

Also to my knowledge I havent heard of the jetta of golf tdi's having these problems...but i could be wrong. To me the theory make sense but turbos are designed to take some heat, but to have them go 4 or 5 times like the other person has had happened is just crazy.
  11. W

VeeDub, with my dsg tdi passat, do you think it hurts the motor or any components at all if i remote start the car, let it run until the car shuts off and then remote start again? What operating temp. or how long do you think I should let the car warm up for before driving. Lastly do you...
  12. W

Hi everyone. I just updated the other turbo fail thread. reading some other cases in the prior posts, it seems not giving the car enough time to warm up before going on highway drives could somehow be hurting the turbo. I dont understand how though. I dont like hearing this case of the new...
  13. W

TURBO: Please report NMS turbo failures here. [not a discussion thread!]

Miles on car at failure: 36000 KM or so (22500 miles) Build date: Not sure car is a 2013 with a 0005 turbo Corrective actions from dealership:replace turbo Outside air temps at failure: 10-15 degrees C Failure warning signs, if any:Glow plug light flashing, no power, glow plug light disappeared...
  14. W

Turbo problem and VW won't honor warranty

Hi everyone, I just want to make a concluding post regarding my former issues. Yesterday I went to VW and I picked up my car. Turbo was reported as having a failed bearing and they replaced the Turbo, I got the model ending in 0020. Once I got my keys and paperwork the service guy wanted to...
  15. W

Hi everyone and thank you to everyone that understood the headache this has been. overall right now I only have good news. I took the car to a US dealer close to the boarder on saturday, when i dropped off the car the dealer simply punched in the VIN that was shown on my Canadian ownership. saw...
  16. W

Hi everyone, just to give a small update to my problem. My VW dealer that I bought the car from in the US is so far unwilling to help me. last time I talked to them they said theyll get right on it and let me know what they can do. So far ive heard nothing back over the past 1 week +. With...
  17. W

2012+ Passat NMS Winter Front

just wanted to mention a little experience I had with a 18 wheels, obviously a diesel truck. I had one of my guys driving the rig make a pickup in the winter, im sitting in the passanger seat thinking "holly **** its cold in here". Driver told me its always like that winter time. I got him to...
  18. W

TomB im sorry but you are wrong and obviously i completely agree with salsaman06, as well as with others on this thread. Really if my warranty were to be void if i were to register the car in another country, and again I can prove that the sales persons was fully aware I was going to do this...
  19. W

Yup but they are more than willing to sell vehicles that are previously owned.
  20. W

? why would i think that. I bought a new car, was promised a US warranty. I was lied to by the dealer and now i am left holding the bag. I believe I am pretty reasonable in asking for my US warranty to be honoured.