Search results

1. stylepointzz

98 TDI Jetta Fuel & Fuel Pump Problem

Anyone have a source for fuel line from tank to filter?
  2. stylepointzz

Update I pulled the pump off again to make sure the QR was aligned up properly I also check the pressure valve and the blew air through the return lines. I by passed the main filter and put on a temp glass see through filter and pulling vacuum I could not get it to fill up for a long period...
  3. stylepointzz

I bled each injector one at a time. It seems like I have enough fuel to each one now. Do I need the car idling to adjust with the hammer mod? Or do I need to adjust with the hammer mod to full fuel flow to get the car idling then move back after I get a stable idle? Ordered the vagcom...
  4. stylepointzz

I was finally able to get fuel to the injectors to the point where they are almost spraying fuel all over. The car will only run for about 5 seconds max if I give it any throttle it dies.
  5. stylepointzz

I carefully just worked it slowly so I could take a look at the seals what I found out was that the smaller anti-tamper bolt was loose that's why I was leaking fuel around it. I am pretty sure that I got the actuator in the QA hole but it is possible that the QA spun if it does spin. I was...
  6. stylepointzz

The base of the fuel pump was completely full when I replaced the seals. The black box on the front side of the fuel pump controls fuel to the injectors I did take that loose to re-tighten because I had fuel leaking below it. Do you know how to test that to see if I might have pulled any wires...
  7. stylepointzz

Thanks for the suggestion this way I could bypass the fuel lines and fuel filter in case I have a leak.
  8. stylepointzz

Before I would always have a smell of fresh diesel when I shut off the car even from the rear of the vehicle. I would always look under the car to see if the fuel line was leaking No Drips at all with the tank or the lines. Is there an easy way to take the lines out of where they pass through...
  9. stylepointzz

Help Please I had a leaking fuel pump on the top seal control unit and bottom half I replaced the seals and could not get the fuel back by using the vacuum method. Seems like the fuel is running back into the tank. I did have air bubbles passing through the fuel line before I took the pump...
  10. stylepointzz

Mechanic is saying ECU is bad, HELP ($1500)

Yes, I think thats what offended him... But like stated from other people, I think I will just have him fix the starter problem and take the car to sunbury.
  11. stylepointzz

Alright, Thank you to all who actually helped. I am going to give this guy a shot at fixing the starter/motor mount and replacing the ECU tube. IF this does not cure the problem, OR if he gives me any troubles about it, I will take my car to Sunbury. To the guy quoted above... How have I not...
  12. stylepointzz

UPDATE: Alright, So I took the mechanic all of this info printed out (minus my posts) and I dont think he believes any of it... he says these people on the internet dont know what they are talking about, but they still swear by it. But he also said he would look it over. His response to all...
  13. stylepointzz

Very helpful. Thank you
  14. stylepointzz

alright sounds good guys, so right now, it looks like im gonna need a new motor mount that also holds the starter, and a new tube for the ecu...
  15. stylepointzz

WOW. thank you EVERYBODY, I am going to print this out and go show it to the mechanic tomarrow
  16. stylepointzz

The starting problem was due to the starter completly diconnected, and laying in the engine bay, and he did say that the one motor mount was disconnected. that was from the vioently shutting off of the engine.
  17. stylepointzz

I guess that he plugged the ecu into the computer or tuner that he has, and it said fail or dead or something
  18. stylepointzz

Is that like rebuilding the stock ECU?? Are you sure that would take car of this problem?
  19. stylepointzz

Would needing a new ecm tube cause the ecu to read dead or fail or something like that? i think thats what the mechanic said
  20. stylepointzz

How much would it be for a new map?