Search results

1. I

Do I need to remove the rear caliper carrier??

Got a '13 GSW that needs new rotors/pads. Reading conflicting info re: 272mm rear rotors. Some say rotor can be removed without taking off caliper carrier while some say cannot be done. Trying to prepare parts and tools so wanna know which is true with 272mm rear rotors.
  2. I

Front passenger vibration after driving a bit

Hey All, Looking for advice on my '13 GSW. After driving on the highway for about 20 minutes the front passenger wheel/brakes/? vibrates a lot. When first starting the car and driving everything is fine. Braking, steering, tires, everything is normal. Smooth. But after about 20ish minutes it...
  3. I

2013 GSW Front floor mat fitmet

Hey All, Looking to replace my front mats only and most places don't seem to carry anything for this year. Looking to see what other year or even model front mats I can order. Would 2015 Golf/GSW fronts fit? Thanks
  4. I

Shop for DPF delete and tune

Any recommendations for shops, preferably in East end, to do DPF delete, install and tune that won't cost me a left but, right arm or my first born? Need this done ASAP. Thanks.
  5. I

Replacing front strut and coils

Need to replace front passenger coil spring as it snapped. Watched a bunch of YT vids and read a bunch of forum posts. I do not want to mess with the axle bolt (loosening and tightening procedure and possibility of axle being stuck). Question is to get enough clearance to get the strut...
  6. I

Few odd problems 2013 JSW/GSW

Hey All, got a few odd ball issues. Searched but didn't really find any answers. Car is 2013 GSW w/ DSG post Dieselgate fix with 220K km. New battery installed ~6 months ago. Oil and DSG fluid changes are up to date. Car was purchased new from dealer. Unfortunately oe and extended warranty are...
  7. I

2013 GSW no start/crank/noise/anything

Hi All, Looking for some help/insight before I tow her to the dealership. Seems like an electrical issue where the power is not going from the battery to the rest of the car. Metered the battery and it shows 12.4V. I've read that 'good' battery will read around 12V. Everything was running fine...
  8. I

2013 GSW high pitch screeching

Hi All, Hoping I can get some help from the gurus on this one. I've recently changed rotors and pads on all 4 corners. Did about 15K on them. Now I hear this high pitched screeching sound from the front and rear passenger side. Mostly from the front and cannot positively say if the rears are...
  9. I

Window visors/vents/deflectors

Hi, I've done a search on the general site and was able to find some info but most of the threads are somewhat dated and based State side. I've driven past a couple golf wagons (MK6) on the highway with low profile window visors/vents/deflectors or whatever you would like to call them. I...
  10. I

What are your pet peeves with this car?

Simple thread and just looking to see what others opinions are. Off the top of my head...for a $40k car (in Canada HL w/NAV and DSG) I don't get a back up camera!