Search results

1. B

SOLD: 2013 Passat TDI SEL – 213K miles (PA)

SOLD - Took a while to complete the transaction, but finally sold. As the title says, 2103 Passat TDI SEL – top trim level with DSG and all the options. Night blue metallic paint, Black leather interior. Used as a daily driver until October of 2022. This car truly excelled for my 30+ mile...
  2. B

Odd A/C Behavior

We've had a bit of a heat wave the past week or so and the AC hasn't been working properly. The odd thing is that if I'm sitting still -- in a parking lot or stopped at a red light -- cold air comes out of the vents, but if I'm driving on the highway at speed -- traffic moving at 70+ -- I only...
  3. B

Problem with the Adblue system

2013 Passat TDI SEL: Back in December, the check engine light came on and VCDS found fault codes: P026A - Charge Air Cooler - efficiency below threshold Intermittent - not confirmed - tested since memory clear P20EE - SCR NOx Catalyst Bank 1 - efficiency too low MIL ON -...
  4. B

WTB: Mk V Jetta

Looking for a Mk V Jetta for my college age son. He recently learned how to operate a manual so either a manual or DSG will be fine. Car does not have to be perfect, but I'm not looking for a project either. I'm hoping to find something under $5K. I'm located in South East PA (near Reading)...
  5. B

Searching for used Mk V. What to look out for in non TDI models

Earlier this week, my son totaled the 2006 Jetta in my signature. So I am now looking for a replacement. Since we are very familiar with the Mk V model and we've become something of a Vdub family-- my other son has a 2013 GLI, I am looking for a Golf or Jetta as a replacement. Although it...
  6. B

Limp mode and P0090 - 2013 Passat

2013 Passat TDI SEL - 126K miles. The car has been running mostly fine since the emissions fix last spring. I have noticed an occasional hesitation, generally when the engine is cold and accelerating (gently) up to speed. This evening when I started the car to leave work the check engine...
  7. B

Proper Coolant Temp?

I have long heard that the temp gauge in the dash is only approximate. I can confirm that since the gauge is solidly on 190, while the recently added P3cars gauge says the normal operating temp is around 205 F. This is in the 2013 Passat. Should I be worried that this temp is too high? The...
  8. B

Questions about buying a car from another state

I am in discussions toward buying a 2012 Passat that is in Massachusetts. This would be a private party sale. I will also be financing the car. I know other people have traveled to buy a car, but this would be the first time I would be going out of state to buy a car. So I'd appreciate some...
  9. B

FS: idparts BRM Turbo actuator replacement

SOLD! I tried replacing the turbo actuator using the idparts kit about 3 months ago. The actuator was installed on my Jetta for about 2 weeks before I went whole-hog and just replaced the turbo. Since then, the actuator has been taking up space on my shelf. The full cost new from idparts was...
  10. B

Just looked at a 2012 Passat TDI SE

Followed up on a local Craigslist ad and visited a used car dealer with a few TDIs on the lot. I looked at and test drove a 2012 Passat SE TDI. The car had the DSG, sunroof, heated seats, and dual climate control. Odometer read 94,500. The salesman showed me a report similar to CarFax (I...
  11. B

WTB: Drivers door hinge for MkV Jetta

If you are parting out a MkV Jetta, I am in search of the lower door hing for the drivers door. Bonus points for reflex silver. My hinge makes a loud crack-crack-crack sound every time I open or close the door. The pin that hits the indentations to hold the door in one of the three "open"...
  12. B

Heated seat upgrade

For the past few years, I've _really_ been wishing I had heated seats. I've looked at some generic kits on ebay, but I didn't want to start peeling the covers off my seats to do the install. After some consideration, the best approach was to buy some heated seats from someone parting out a Mk...
  13. B

need help. I-85 near Gaffney, SC

Driving from PA to Atlanta. Shortly after crossing into South Carolina, it sounded like the fan for the vents shot up to high speed. Quickly realized the whooshing noise was coming from the engine compartment and accompanied by a loss of power whenever I heard the whoosh. (I wasn't driving when...
  14. B

washer fluid tank replacement

My washer fluid tank has been leaking for the past year or so. I bought a replacement and decided to install it today. After pulling the front bumper cover off, it was easy to get at the tank and remove it. Everything went back on smoothly. And then I realized that I had to move the washer...
  15. B

Part number for bioline center caps? (2006 jetta)

Just yesterday I noticed I was missing a center cap. I have a 2006 Jetta TDI with the stock bioline 16" rims. I went to check ebay for center caps and I find listings with 2 different part numbers that all claim they match the 2006 Jetta. The two part numbers are: 3B7 601 171, 6N0 601 171...
  16. B

Heated washer nozzles

When I bought my pkg 0 Jetta, I wished I could have optioned in a _few_ of the pkg 1 items while avoiding the large $$ items that I didn't really want. I've occasionally seen a few of those parts available on pkg 1's that get parted out. So... will the heated windshield washer nozzles from a...
  17. B

Keyfob coming apart

I have the "switchblade" key fob. I think they are cool. I like it. However, it seems like the shaft that the "blade" pivots on when it opens is coming loose. I'm getting worried that one of these days, I will open the key and the blade will fall off. I have a second key that has a similar...
  18. B

How do I remove radiator fan shrowd? (06 Jetta)

Mods: If this should be in the A5 section, please move and accept my apology. The background-- over the past 2 months, I've noticed the radiator fan running at high speed when I shut off the engine. After a bit of searching, I found the thread in the A5 section where DanG described the...
  19. B

Sig test

Finally decided to put car info in signature.
  20. B

3 Transmission Options for 2010

Edit: Title should have had a question mark. This is a question based on info at edmunds.com, not a statement of fact. Edmunds.com shows 3 transmission options for the 2010 Jetta. 1. Auto 2. Manual 3. Automated Manual The Manual is obvious, and the "Automated Manual" would appear to be the...