Search results

1. C

Hard to shift gears. clutch?

Very similar to what I have going on. The worst is getting into reverse. Pumping the clutch isn't helping. Any update on this post?
  2. C

Wrong oil in 14 JSW

Sweet, thanks for the responses. I simply didn't have time to change it even though I picked up a load of Mobil 1 ESP today, it was on sale at Napa for $6 and change and I can even use it in my PD! I'm pretty excited to use the same oil in both cars now and I may need to order more while its so...
  3. C

Wrong oil in 14 JSW

So despite assuring me he knew what oil needed to be in our TDI, the shop put in this http://www.mobil.ca/canada-english-lcw/carengineoils_products_mobil-1_0w40.aspx# Mobile 1 0w-40 which is VW rated for 502 and 505 and Mobile 1 also lists their own recommendation of 503 but it is not rated at...
  4. C

Trailer wiring to rear 12V outlet

I went the outlet route as well, great idea. I do have one problem, the wiring works with my super small and light trailer but not my camper which is still very small. Not sure if I need to go through my camper wiring now or if maybe the gauge wiring simply isn't enough from that tiny little...
  5. C

Brake lights out on bottom only.

I know there is tons of info about the brake light switch but from what I've found my situation sounds unique. I read if the switch goes out on a TDI you will see a glow plug light. I don't have that. I also find it weird that the top brake light would work when the bottom two do not. Any...
  6. C

Pad and Rotor suggestions?

I recently installed this full set all around. Great price for a full set and I first did the rear with great results, unfortuantely when I did the front I ended up with a vibration. I think the rotor is imperfect but otherwise I would have been very happy...
  7. C

Lift for TDI Sportwagen (for oversize tires)

I can't seem to show the after pic. Any chance you could post again?
  8. C

2005 BEW PD lift pump operation and internals

If Defender tech is not an option, should I spend the extra $100 on the VDO or just get the Beck? From what I understand they are the same thing, maybe the VDO has a VW logo on it.
  9. C

I read through those but something must be going over my head here. From what I understand the only available pump is now no suffix. You can choose to modify back to old style if you like but I still fail to see the advantage to buying one brand vs the other since it sounds like they are all...
  10. C

So if youre saying they are all the same now why bother with the defender tech one? Whats different about it? It says both OEM and OE in the add so I don't really get how this is different than the one that just gave out on me after a year. Also, I cant really wait that long from Canada but I...
  11. C

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1J0919050-Diesel-Fuel-pump-sending-Fit-VOLKSWAGEN-VW-BEETLE-GOLF-JETTA-TDI-TURBO-/131380907041?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e96e98c21&vxp=mtr Obviously this is cheap which is a red flag, but I don't know who makes it or if it's worth spending any money...
  12. C

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1J0919050-Diesel-Fuel-pump-sending-Fit-VOLKSWAGEN-VW-BEETLE-GOLF-JETTA-TDI-TURBO-/131380907041?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e96e98c21&vxp=mtr Obviously this is cheap which is a red flag, but I don't know who makes it or if it's worth spending any money...
  13. C

Oh yeah, 05 PD Jetta wagon TDI.
  14. C

Another pump down So its been less than a year since I replaced my last pump and today my car gave out and I hear nothing from the rear seat. After lots of cranking I got it started and driven home but it limped a couple of times. It's always had some rough cold start issues and I suspect...
  15. C

Another hard start thread :(

MY 04 PD has the same problem, I've tried almost everything to no avail. It had a new plug harness installed v4 I bought it. I'm considering changing the coolant temp sensor just to see because basically that's what I've tried with several things up till now. My gauge never reads over 190 F...
  16. C

coolant temperature sensor location

And I've never had any check lights on or codes thrown that I can tell. No vagcom to check it tho.
  17. C

coolant temperature sensor location

My glow plug times have always seemed short and I experience cold start problems, I think I'm just going to replace this and hope it does the trick! Is there some way to know if it's bad? Ive read about unplugging it for long glow plug times to check it but wouldn't that send coolant everywhere?
  18. C

2005 Jetta bew out of fuel, Won't start.

I had this problem, kept checking and refilling my filter but couldn't ever get fuel flowing out of it. Finally out of desperation I got a second gallon if fuel to put in the tank and instantly I could hear a different sound in the lift pump cycles and sure enough if fired up pretty quickly...
  19. C

05 TDI, died day 1, please help.

Do they all make this noise? It seems kinda strange.
  20. C

05 TDI, died day 1, please help.

So should this buzzing concern me or does it always do that? I have read about them sticking closed but not so much on the BEW.