Search results

1. T

MKV Fuel Filter Replacement Procedure

Geez, this thread's still going? C'mon guys! Get your oil changed already!:D
  2. T

Diesel Power Tuning Box for MK5 TDi PD's

Another dirty little bump...
  3. T

Still for sale & in EXCELLENT condition!
  4. T

Diesel Power tuning box in excellent condition up for sale. Will work on MK5 (06+ new body style TDi's). Works flawless. Selling for best offer. If interested, please feel free to shoot me an email! erewhon00(at)00.yahoo.com btw: those are zeros Thanks! TerribleTDi
  5. T

Good to see that everyone's getting some use out of this thread. Last I checked it'd been tossed in the back caverns of the TDi library.
  6. T

How did you hide the wire to your Scanguage?

I just mounted mine on top of the steering wheel neck and ran the wire behind it. Nothing shows and looks clean.
  7. T

PDX TDI Dinner

Yeah, thanks for having us inmates over. Was great to meet some of you. Sorry I had to bail, but I'm a slave to the U.
  8. T

PDX TDI Dinner

Keen. Good to know that we will get Homeland Security to stop by to visit! They probably already got us on a "list" due to the bioD!
  9. T

PDX TDI Dinner

Im still planning to come, but the Mrs has another agenda...
  10. T

Exactly. Takes about 20-30 seconds of being in the "on" position to prime. You'll actually hear a little solenoid going off as it primes the filter housing. Did it 3 times just to make sure its all said and done...then went for a drive! My neighbor was skeptical that I needed the special tool...
  11. T

Subaru Diesel

Im sure that many of us are secretly waiting for the first AWD diesel powered wagon (VW, Subaru, etc) to come out of hiding here in the U.S. market. While I LOVE my VW TDi I still miss my Forester. Since Subaru has released its statement concerning its new diesel motor intended for the Forester...
  12. T

PDX TDI Dinner

Just saw this. Will see what the schedule allows, and check with my neighbor since both he and his gfriend have TDi's. Could add 1-4 people with us alone:D . We'd be sure to bring some good eatin', and live just down the road from you BB!
  13. T

Yah, yah, yah...thanks! Edited accordingly.
  14. T

Ah forgot to mention that I used a turkey baster to siphon out the remaining stuff in the bottom of the filter housing, and used a shop towel to soak up the rest. Got everything out:D ! Dont know if it was needed really.
  15. T

Best full size truck -for MPG

You CAN order the Sprinter with a pickup bed standard cab truck design. Neighbor's got it. No 4wd though:( . Otherwise, i'd have it already. Toyota plans to bring out the diesel Tundra this Summer though.
  16. T

Some reference pictures Pic 1: Car off? Good, now unbolt the stars and wrap the fuel filter housing with a rag. Make sure it's against the housing good so that any drips dont go where you dont want them. Notice the little "tab" on the top of the housing facing you? That's for a screwdriver to...
  17. T

Thanks for the beta. Alot of new things have come available for the MKV since I was last drooling on this site! Been researching biofuel policies to the point that I cant keep up with my fellow TDi's! Q: For those of us who dont yet have the Bentley Manual what are the correct placements for...
  18. T

Interior Cabin filter

Just did it tonight. Found a few seeds etc and came out filthy. Man is that thing tucked away deep within the depths of TDi. Had to get braver than what I'd imagine to find that thing. Wouldve never guessed on its location. Over engineering defined:rolleyes: .