Search results

1. Er0

A/C defogging delay ??

I just noticed sth today my car wastes 0.6l/h when idling without a/c i had the climatronic turned on to blow hot air and at the same time defogging the front and the rear windows.(consuming 0.9l/h) After some time i turned off the defogging and i was just using it to heat the interior.But i...
  2. Er0

Just fixed the A/C

Fixed the a/c on my mk5 2006 climatronic :cool: Any tips ? i heard i should keep it on all the time to avoid damage on the compressor.What about winter ?(or simply defogging will do )
  3. Er0

Dumping the clutch

I fail to understand why clutch dumping when shifting is bad for the clutch and other components. Even if you father it, it will actually match the rpms and the speed so the wear will be the same :o can you please explain this to me ? Also sometimes i let the clutch too fast when shifting so...
  4. Er0

taking corners in 3rd gear

Hello folks! i own a golf V 2006 tdi. When i take a corner i just release the accelerator completely in 3rd gear and the rpm drops to 900-1000.No problem with that (no lugging) :D I just want to know : any chance of stalling ? i am afraid because that would cause a lot of trouble and a possible...
  5. Er0

hard acceleration question..

manual transmission.. hard acceleration question.. if i am at steady speed 2000 rpm and i see someone and i wanna race him.. do i immediately press the accelerator to the metal or do i push it gradually(following the rpm). so to put it simple, if accelerator is to the floor 100% what happens...
  6. Er0

Is no gas start bad ?

hello all.I am new here,this is my first post.I own a 6 speed vw golf mk5 2006 Everyday i start moving from a dead stop in first gear without using the gas but just releasing the clutch.It doesn't take to long(i would say 2 or 3s) The starts are smooth but anyway it has a different feeling than...