Search results

1. B

Found an article on an additive from Cerion Energy in Rochester, NY

Disclaimer - not trying to sell any product from any company in this article, I don't work for any of them, nor do I know anyone who does, etc. I was reading my local newspaper this past Sunday and they had a special section on startup companies in Rochester, NY. This article hit me like a...
  2. B

VW Credit - wow it didn't long for them to sell me out

I went to buy a 2010 TDI and have it financed through VW credit. We eventually decided against buying it now due to several factors (price being one of them), but we did fill out a credit app. So today, about a week later - comes a large white envelope in the mail from VW Credit - I'm thinking...
  3. B

Has anyone ever converted a Hyundai Elantra

I have this 2009 Hyundai Elantra which I like somewhat ( seats are too short though, will have to get something if I keep it ) - but other than that, I like the car. The other thing I don't like is the mileage. Has anyone ever tried to convert one of these to a TDI ? Or should I just wait 2+...
  4. B

Rare A4 Passat TDI spotted in Southlake TX

Was out and about in the Dallas/Forth Worth area for a training class and went to a restaurant named Coal Vines which is a really nice Italian food / pizza place ( the food was very good btw, but I digress ). So my wife and I come back out of the restaurant and what should be parked next to us...
  5. B

Wanted - 2002/2003 MANUAL TDI - any color

WTB - 2000 to 2003 Jetta MANUAL TDI - any color To anyone selling a 2000 to 2003 TDI - looking to buy one to replace mine which was destroyed by accident. Looking for one that has been properly oil changed and has a recent TB as WELL as the clutch. Be prepared to offer proof from a dealer...
  6. B

What would NASCAR think if VW built a NASCAR compliant TDI ???

I borrowed a book from a friend of mine some time ago - "Driving With The Devil" by Neal Thompson - basically the alleged true story of how NASCAR really got started. If you think we don't belong in the same crowd as NASCAR, I quote Junior Johnson straight from the inside flap of the book -...
  7. B

Any chance of an MTF chart of member data

Having just replaced my clutch after 172k, I was wondering what other members would think if we had a critical component MTF ( Mean Time to Failure ) chart. If not this, how about a suggested replacement interval. Things that I would love to see that data for are: 1 - Timing belt replacement...
  8. B

Zenec a bolt-on replacement for monsoon ?

This came from another thread. I could not figure out where to post this other than here, there isn't a "multimedia" thread on this site. And since it involves a non-VW company ... We were talking about how important tunes are on a long road trip - I wouldn't last an hour without music, and...
  9. B

Marion NY to Woodbury MN and back.

I have made this trip at least 4 times now to visit a very special person in my life and my car has made it so easy. Most of the time I make one stop along the way but one time I did do the complete trip in one day. What other car can go almost 1100 miles on two tanks of fuel ? If I start in...
  10. B

Recent Fuel cell improvements for those that use diesel as the fuel for the cell

For those of you who are interested in having diesel fuel used in a fuel cell, this article discusses how recent improvements have made early models viable whereas previous models were not due to the fact that in the previous models the catalyst used for hydrogen extraction was being degraded...
  11. B

Thank you VikingRob and MerkGuitars once again

Rob and Merk; Thank you both for your wonderful hospitality the last few weeks. Rob, you saved me AGAIN when you told me where the nearest dealership was, and who should be there but Merk working and thank you so much for the coolant topoff. My coolant light had gone off while driving around...
  12. B

I94 in WI on 7/20 @ 5:25 PM - MN plates

Was driving back from a visit to a friend ( and also VikingRob and I met up totally by accident - didn't know he was in Woodbury where I was staying and he and I ended up at the same place for lunch ) - but I digress ... Was driving back on I94 east @ 5:25 PM on 7/20 between mileposts 36 and...
  13. B

Watertown / Thousand Islands NY

On 7/1, I was at the first US rest area heading south on Interstate 81 just over the Thousand Islands bridge around 8:30 PM. I was there to borrow the facilities and to send some emails - and what should I spot in the parking lot but a Mark V Jetta TDI from Montana of all places. I talked...
  14. B

All over WI on I90/I94

Silver Mark IV - Wisconsin Plates - U passed me up - I sped up to follow - you got off at the exit where Humbird Cheese is. Don't remember the milepost, but very close to Tomah. Dark Green Mark IV - Wisconsin Plates - I passed you up and then got in front of you. Around milepost 54 of I94...
  15. B

Any GTG's in Lower wisconsin area the next two weeks?

Will be in Delavan, WI for the next two weeks - be on the lookout for a black TDI matching description below - if anyone is having any GTG's or wants to GTG after work, name the place/time - willing to drive a bit - have nothing better to do most nights - not available during weekend of April...
  16. B

Spotted in Delavan, WI on Route 50 and Wright St.

Spotted in Delavan, WI Jetta TDI - Mark IV spotted in Delavan, WI. Was working in Delavan, WI last week ( 2/11 to 2/15 ) and during the week on lunch break I spotted you near the corner of Route 50 while heading south on Wright Street when I was on my way to Wendy's. Wouldn't you know I was...
  17. B

Lake Placid/Whiteface Mt.

Took a trip to Cranberry Lake - while there took a trip to Lake Placid. What should we see on the way to Whiteface Mountain but a Silver A4 TDI from Ontario Canada. We tried to get your attention, we followed you for quite a bit in my black 2002 TDI. This was Monday July 16th around 3:15 PM...
  18. B

Why I think Bio and Diesel is on the upswing - Hey VW - you listening ???

Being in the mixer business as a programmer, our Sr. Sales guy had a Bio Plant poster hanging on his wall from BioDiesel Magazine. I begged him for it and got it !!! The numbers are staggering - right now the capacity is 1172 MMgy in the USA alone. New plants under construction will add 1158...
  19. B

Suggestion for moderator of this thread - spotting tips

Would like to see a short article with pics on how to definitively spot a TDI by model and possibly year(s). For example, I have no idea how to spot a TDI bug. I think the 2002 and 2003's are easily spotted for Jetta's and Golf's and maybe Passat's, but I have no idea where to look for...
  20. B

Hey - where did everyone in Rochester, NY go ???

maybe it's time to have a GTG - any ideas ?