Search results

1. G

Brake booster issue

Oil inside brake booster https://ibb.co/68P40ct Can anyone explain how did oil get inside my brake booster? 2003 GOLF ALH. I have to replace the booster because of that and I don't want the porblem repeating itself. Any idea would help.
  2. G

Rough idle on cold start 2003 alh

I would like to have the same thing. Is it possible to set it up this way? On mine is always the same (except when very cold -20 celsius or lower). This morning I did not have the rough idle issue. I am pleased with the change. I have to check when it becomes colder outside but so far the...
  3. G

I was the one who changed the idle speed for fuel economy purposes (don't know whether that helps). Today I have replaced the fuel preheat valve (Thermo-T) and there are no bubbles in the clear hose anymore. I will keep looking but today I took the car for a spin after changing the Thermo-T and...
  4. Air in fuel

Air in fuel

Air bubbles in clear hose
  5. G

I meant 2.3. Here are some VCDS screenshots: Also a video of the clear hose while running ... http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/533/AirInClearHose1.wmv I had bubbles in the hose since I bought the car in 2013 but lately they seem more ... Is this normal or there should be no...
  6. Starting Conditions

Starting Conditions

7. Smooth Running Control

Smooth Running Control

8. Quantity Adjuster

Quantity Adjuster

9. Injected Quantity 3

Injected Quantity 3

At working temperature
  10. Injected Quantity 2

Injected Quantity 2

11. Injected Quantity1

Injected Quantity1

12. Injected Quantity0

Injected Quantity0

13. G

Thank you Genesis and everybody else! I'll order a brand new Thermo-T as soon as I can, also the o-rings, to see if it will make a difference. Cheers ...
  14. G

From what I remember since I connected my laptop to my car the IQ was at 23 and it would not go below that (I guess I have to try hammer mode) but if I am not mistaken it was within specs. The fact is when you want to adjust the IQ the engine should be at working temperature but the problem...
  15. G

UhOh, It is very possible because I experienced the same symptoms when I first started the engine after changing the fuel filter. It was on a warm engine. Can you explain how the Thermo-T works? How can it cause a rough idle? Is it possible to bypass it for a test?
  16. G

Pictorial: How to Fix Stripped Glow Plug Threads

Thank you Dang144 for your exhaustive explanation. You are 100% right. Sorry for such a late reply (four years later :) ) My solution to this problem consisted of two parts: * A) Repairing the taper at the base * B) Repairing the threads A good machinist machined for me two...
  17. G

Nevada_TDI, Is there a place in VCDS where one can change the cold start IQ or something related to that?
  18. G

Jokila, it's not about my time its about this forum. I would rather leave space for really knowledgeable people whom are actually able to repair stuff, who have positive results and can indeed help others and we'll all benefit from it. But you have the right to disagree with me ... Cheers
  19. G

I would like to thank Nevada_TDI and UhOh, for the constructive comments and suggestions. I will definitely check the filter again (It contained no water at all when I changed it), I will try to use a different additive (I tried some Lucas diesel treatment additive but it only made my engine...
  20. G

I have the following symptoms: * Rough idle on first start in the morning, even in the summer, for about 20 - 30 seconds (it is longer on colder wheather) then the engine smoothes out and all the starts are ok later during the day. * If I press my accelerator pedal to the floor while I'm...