Search results

1. tdi-mk2

1z tdi timing wandering issue

Hi, hope someone can shed some light on my issue, i found for a while my engine was becoming harder to start, even on days that the OAT wasn't particularly cold, when i checked with vcds the timing was retarded off the chart! So naturally i rotated the pump (a fair bit to be honest which shocked...
  2. tdi-mk2

wierd starting issue

Hi everyone, i have a 1990 mk2 golf with a 1997 tdi 1z engine fitted, I built the car over 130k miles ago and have never had issues starting. Until now.... I go to the car when it's cold, and sometimes the glow plug light stays on for about 3-4 seconds, when this happens it might start, if i...
  3. tdi-mk2

Mercedes a606 turbocharger on 1z?

Has anyone ever used the KKK turbo from a mercedes 300 cdi 1999 era on a 1z, I was looking at one today and while it looks quite large I think I could fit it on mine without much trouble, just curious if anyone's used one or should I stay away? Thanks in advance.
  4. tdi-mk2

synchro v's quattro

Hi all, has anybody aver built a mk2 (A2) Golf with the audi quattro transmission syatem? If so is it a straight forward conversion for say a synchro floor pan, or would it just be better to stick with the synchro and hope it copes with the power of a TDI?? As far as i'm aware the quattro...
  5. tdi-mk2

engine number

Hi, I have just fitted an 1Z into my golf and need to locate the engine number, I read in the manual that it's situated between the injector pump and vac pump but I cant find it?? can someone give me a clue exactly where to look and roughly how many numbers i'm looking for? It says in the...
  6. tdi-mk2

6 speed box in a2 golf with 1Z

Hi, just wondering if the 6 speed box from later cars, PD etc.. will phisically fit onto my 1Z block? Has anybody done this?? If so can I use my 100mm inner cv jointed drive shafts and do I have to modify the gear linkage???
  7. tdi-mk2

Golf TDI mk3 80 amp fuse. Whats it for??

Hi people, Not sure whether this is the right place to post this so sorry if it isn't in the correct place. I've been cracking on with my mk2 TDi build recently and it seems to be coming together, (will have to get some pictures uploaded) the engine and gearbox is in along with almost the...
  8. tdi-mk2

is there a complete list of TDI engine codes?

Hi people, i'm looking for a complete list of engine codes for TDI engines as i haven't got a clue which one i'm looking for to fit in my mk2, just so that i don't buy the wrong one and end up with a 25bhp non turbo petrol 1100cc unit.!? ;) No i'm not that bad but the codes seem to baffle me as...
  9. tdi-mk2

fitting a tdi in a mk2 golf

Hi everyone, i'm new to the forum and would like to say it looks ace, lots of good info and cars. :D Right, Firstly i'm planning on sourcing a tidy mark 2 golf to fit a tdi into as i like the looks and handling of the earlier golf and also the availability of cheap parts, and am after some info...