Search results

1. NFSTDI

Entry Level Job Opportunity

I am actively seeking one, two, or possibly three candidates for full time employment. This will be an entry level position that will include on the job training. An apprenticeship in a trade may be available to the right candidate. My current apprentice has developed to the point that I am...
  2. NFSTDI

Tips on tinting wanted...

OK gang, I have decided it is time to draw the blinds. I have had enough of being an open book. So, now I must find a suitable tint shop to do the work. Anyone who knows me can tell you, I do not suffer fools well, not at all. That means said shop must be damn good, and priced reasonably...
  3. NFSTDI

Problems with B99....

Since purchasing my car about four years ago I have decided to learn as much as possible about what actually happens when you burn B99 for extended periods. Thus far I have learned that problems do occur. However, the question remains do the benefits outweigh the costs? By benefits I'm talking...
  4. NFSTDI

Green Police Audi commercial

If you ask me this was the best Superbowl Commercial. <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wq58zS4_jvM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed...
  5. NFSTDI

Tires

OK, now that I've used up my Michelin MXV4s it was time for an upgrade. I have chosen wisely. I got a set of Kumhos from Big O tires installed and an alignment for very close to the price Costco charged me for the MXV4s. So far I like them very much. I've only pushed them a little and they stuck...
  6. NFSTDI

Social GTG

OK, so we have now had several small GTGs that have all been fun. The time has come to take this to the next level, at least to give it my best shot. I will be very busy this summer so the next weekend, and quite possibly the only weekend, I have available is the second weekend in July. Let's...
  7. NFSTDI

BioFuel Oasis

Now that's what I'm talking about! Sacramento and Ashby in Berkeley, stop in for a visit....
  8. NFSTDI

A3 (1998 Jetta) AC Compressor with clutch

Mine worked perfectly. Someone misdiagnosed it when I heard a noise. I still have the noise so it wasn't the AC compressor. It blew very cold air and ran perfectly when I replaced it a couple of weeks ago. I'm perfectly happy with my new one so if you want the one I pulled out make me an offer...
  9. NFSTDI

Social GTG Friday April 24th 7 PM Berkeley Marina

I say we meet just to the left of the Pier. Usually lots of cars but plenty of parking too. Great place to watch the sun set! We can have drinks at Skates and hang around for any late comers. C U there! Tom :)
  10. NFSTDI

NorCal TDI owners roll call...

I'm planning a social GTG so if you want in and have scheduling or location preferences now is the time to speak up. Cheers, Tom
  11. NFSTDI

Social GTG

Social GTG @ IN-N-OUT Burger Hilltop Mall in Pinole CA FRIDAY APRIL 10TH 6 PM OK, so it's been suggested and there does seem to be interest. Last year we talked about it but I don't think anything was ever planned. My experience is that all it takes to get the ball rolling is for someone to...
  12. NFSTDI

BioDiesel Prices

I am as relatively committed to running BioDiesel for a number of reasons. Today I went to Golden Gate, in Martinez, to purchase a tank full. There were several stations along my route selling D2 for under $2.70. When I arrived at GG the side of the sign I could say said $5.39! I pulled in to...
  13. NFSTDI

Stereo suggestions...

I wasn't sure where to post this so I thought this might be as a good a place as any. I want better quality sound. I'm thinking Alpine but I'm not thrilled with the interface designs or the general look of them. Kenwood is my next consideration but I'm not thrilled with needing an adapter for...
  14. NFSTDI

Single Tank Elsbett Kit?

I just saw this on Craig's List. I'm curious to know what you guys think. I am under the impression this is not such a good idea. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/608396960.html TIA Tom
  15. NFSTDI

VW test track

Now that's a fast car.... http://www.stage6.com/user/STARR45/video/1162156/Bugatti-Veyron-at-407kmph#
  16. NFSTDI

MPG vs Cost Per Mile

I've seen a whole lot of posts about MPG averages, records, range records, etc. I'm curious about cost per mile as that is the real measure of efficiency. My car came with nearly all of the reciepts from the previous owners maint. and repair history. I put all of that information along with...
  17. NFSTDI

Measuring Bio

How do you guys get an accurate measurement for tracking fuel consumption? I'd like to start making my own some day but for now I plan to purchase from a commercial filling station. The problem I encountered is that the gauge on their pump is designed for filling tanker trucks with thousands of...
  18. NFSTDI

An Inconvenient Truth

I just saw the movie, it's a must see. I'm curious to hear what folks have to say so sound off.... http://www.climatecrisis.net/
  19. NFSTDI

FTC vs Senate on Fuel prices

Has anyone been following this issue? The other day I woke up way to early and could not get back to sleep. I turned on the TV to find an extremely polite senator from Oregon questioning the head of of Federal Trade commision about fuel price issues. As I recall there was also a spokesperson...
  20. NFSTDI

A3 Parts!!!

I have a 1995 Jetta III parts car. This is not a TDI so it's body and interior parts really but if you have a gasser you can have some of those too! The car is at my friends body shop and most leave soon so contact me right away if you want something. I'll do my best to get back to you and...