Search results

1. K

Fumoto Valve

Does anyone know if a fumoto valve will fit on a 15 golf? If so which one fits and do you need any of there extenders or elbows or anything to get it to fit?
  2. K

Add an Inverter

I am really missing the factory inverter from my MK5, was a factory inverter an option on MK7, if so has anyone seen a retrofit kit or write up or anything? If not has anyone installed any nicely integrated aftermarket option? I want to avoid just plugging an inverter into a 12v port. Sent...
  3. K

Change miles remaining until service

When the dealer did phase 2 they also changed the oil, except they didn't reset miles to service so now it has been 1000 miles and the car says to service in 700 miles. Does anyone know if it is possible to use VCDS and change how many miles remain until service is due?
  4. K

Keep radio on but stop engine

Does anyone know if there is a way to stop the engine but keep the radio on until you open a door if you have push to start? I found some threads about it but haven’t found a resolution. Seems like something that could probably be done with VCDS.
  5. K

Buying prevously tuned 15 Golf

Hi All, I am thinking of purchasing a 15 Golf DSG with 30,000 miles from a friend of mine, he is going to move to a Q5 TDI. The car has stage 1 kerma tdi tunes on it. It has only had the tune for about 4000 miles. Does anyone have any experience with VW denying warranty on a car that has...
  6. K

Airbag Light

Hi All, I have an airbag light and the code is 01218 - Side Airbag Igniter; Passenger Side (N200) 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - Intermittent - MIL ON This has happened in the past and I hardwired the connector under the seat, that fixed it for quite a while. The light...
  7. K

Broken plastic piece possibly under valve cover

Hi All, In a combination of stupidness and bad luck I had my valve cover off then had to remove the air box and didn’t cover the valvetrain up. A piece of plastic broken off the little air dam thing and shot over and hit the valve train. I’m not sure if it then shot away somewhere else or...
  8. K

Oil Leak at injector connector

Hi All, I noticed I’m getting an oily coating all over the front left side of my motor. It looks like it is coming from the connector on the side of the head where the injector harness twists on. Has anyone else had a leak there? I am wondering if it is common and probable that it is leaking...
  9. K

Lower Control Arm Bushings

Hi All, Took the Jetta for an alignment and they said the front left lower control arm bushings were too loose. The car has about 250K on the clock, the front bushings look pretty robust, do they generally fail or is it usually just the rear bushing that fails? I would do both but I guess...
  10. K

Should I replace my springs?

I am going to replace my shocks struts and mounts on my 06 Jetta 260,000 miles, is there any reason to replace the springs if they aren't broken?
  11. K

CV Axles

Hi All, I am looking to get new CV axles for my 06 Jetta 5 spd. I am trying to decide between getting OEM or GKN from IDParts. OEM is about $125 more than GKN and I suspect GKN is the OEM anyways. Anyone have any insight or have you installed either of these options on your car? Thanks!
  12. K

Strong vibration when accelerating hard at freeway speeds

Hi All, I have a pretty intense vibration if I accelerate hard if I’m already at freeway speeds. It’s perfectly smooth when accelerating very slowly or maintaining speed so I don’t think it is a wheel balance problem. I am leaning towards CV shaft problems or motor mount problems. Just curious...
  13. K

Lower Control Arms

My lower control arm bushing are bad and causing a lot of clunking over bumps etc. I am going to replace them with LEMFOERDER control arms and ball joints but I have heard on some cars you have to lower the subframe to get clearance on the drivers side. I have also heard that on the TDI with...
  14. K

Best way to change inner tie rods?

Hi All, I need to replace my tie rods and I can't figure out a good way to get at the inners. Any tips or special tools that will help? Is it easiest to just drop the subframe and rack together? Thanks for any help!
  15. K

Cam Seal Replacment

Hello, I believe my cam seal is leaking a bit since I did my camshaft about 50,000 miles ago. It is time to do my timing now so I am going to inspect the seal closer to verify if it is leaking while it is apart. Can I just remove the cam gear and hub, take the rocker assembly off on the...
  16. K

Injector Rocker Adjustment

Hi all, I did a cam 50,000 miles ago and at the time I didn't adjust the injector rockers for whatever reason and now I am due for timing again and want to adjust the rockers. Is there a good way to do it without dealing with a dial indicator? Thanks!
  17. K

Tie rod end replacement

Hello, Anyone have a rough how to on changing inner and outer tie rods on an 06 Jetta? Thanks!
  18. K

Headlight problems

Hi all, So my front right parking light quite working awhile ago and I got an error message on my dash, I could see that the bulb was out but when I took it out to replace it it looked fine. Sure enough I put the new one in and it still doesn't work, I now also get an error on the dash that...
  19. K

Cam Seal Replacement

Hi All, I changed my cam awhile ago and I think I must have nicked the seal because I am pretty sure it is leaking a little. Can you replace the seal with out removing the cam? If so, how? Thanks! Kelly
  20. K

06 jetta glow plug harness replacement

Hi all, I have a new glow plug harness on order, does the harness have a plug on it? If so where does it plug into the main harness? Thanks!