Search results

1. M

What did you pay for your TDI???

Around $4200 for a 2001 Jetta GL 5-speed with 230,000 on the ODO. A bunch of extra parts, Bentley, and an extra set of wheels was included in that as well. Complete service records and a Texas car (no rust).
  2. M

New guy here

Just wanted to introduce myself to the TDIClub peoples. I've been lurking for quite a while and asked a few questions but never formally introduced myself. I was looking for a Jetta TDI as I will be graduating in May and will be traveling 100 miles round trip every day, so I wanted something...
  3. M

Question for ultra-commuters

I'll be making that drive to Washington every day as well once I graduate. It's not too bad of a drive. It'll be against traffic each way and shouldn't hit much traffic if you leave early enough. You won't have to deal with the sun in your eyes either. It'll be behind you both ways.
  4. M

altenator bearings

If you can pull the dimensions off of the bearing, or if you have the bearing number, you may be able to find the same bearing or one of the same dimensions and different manufacturer here: http://www.globalspec.com/search/products?page=ms#sqid=6683912&comp=50&show=suppliers&RegEvent=login It's...
  5. M

New Guy - St. Louis Registration/Emissions Question

Thanks for the advice everyone, I appreciate it. And if I have any problems, I'll be sure to get a hold of you, oilhammer. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I get further into this. This will be my first TDI.
  6. M

New Guy - St. Louis Registration/Emissions Question

Hey, New guy here. Been lurking on the forums for a while and looking to get a TDI. My main question is as follows: How is Missouri/St. Louis on emissions testing for TDI's? Will a car with a mufflerectomy and an EGR delete pass emissions like the car listed here...