Search results

1. C

1.4T vs. 1.8T Golf?

My buyback is about to be bought back and I was all set for a 1.4T Jetta yesterday until I found out it has a timing belt. So I've been spending hours researching every option and just can't do a Corolla, Civic, Mazda 3, etc. The Mazda 6 jumps out a bit, but all fingers are pointing back...
  2. C

Buyback - Use Money to Buy Any Car?

I was patiently awaiting the cash until several months passed and still no fix for my (2009) car so a bulb went off and am in the final step of the Buyback. For some reason I was under the impression that it was sort of a trade plus cash for a new VW, but during the process it seems as though I...
  3. C

507 Oil in Non-TDI?

Probably a dumb question, but my '09 TDI should be a goner by next week replaced by a 1.4T. I have a lot of 507 oil left over. Is that OK to use in the 2017 VW Jetta 1.4T? Thanks.
  4. C

2009 Jetta TDI/Manual Transmission (in SE PA)

Haven't yet gotten the cash settlement and am weighing the buyback, but figured I'd list here first to see. It's a silver 2009 Jetta TDI with manual transmission with 260,000 miles. My maintenance schedule is over-the-top and the timing belt, etc. were replaced at 120,000 and 240,000...
  5. C

Buyback or Sell on My Own?

I think I'm over my car and don't feel like waiting for the cash. It's a 2009 Jetta TDI/manual transmission with 260,000 miles and maintained with precision throughout its life. If I stick with VW it'll be the 1.4T or might be something else if I don't do the buyback. Do you think...
  6. C

What if No Fix? - 2009

No fix yet for my 2009. Is it possible that it'll happen? I'd rather it stay "broken" and get the payout if that's at all an option or is VW just trying to encourage trade-ins? THANKS and I LOVE my diesel. Why?!!!
  7. C

How Does Cash Settlement Work?

I completed everything online and am just waiting for the word on the software/emissions mods. Just called VW Court Settlement and they didn't have a date at all on when the 3-part process would start. Anyone have any rough idea of timeline? Thought about switching to a buyback, but I...
  8. C

Check Engine Light Comes On, But Not Always

Any idea what might be happening with my 2009 Jetta TDI with 250,000 miles with a Check Engine light that comes on sometimes and then sometimes doesn't come on? Runs perfectly. Many thanks.
  9. C

Dealer vs Independent?

I've had maintenance done at a dealer extremely rarely; almost never. My '09 Jetta TDI just hit 250,000 miles and is 100% squared away, but there's always "the next time". Just had my timing belt done by a local shop and they did a good job. Had a parking brake cable issue and...
  10. C

A/C Replacement Help?

Hi: My '09 Jetta TDI's air conditioning stopped blowing cold air so I took it to my local trusted garage who replaced the entire system (and I believe they did the work properly). I think they're good guys and I do still trust them. After a few seconds of turning on the air the car seemed...
  11. C

Is it Possible of No TDI Alternative?

My '09 Jetta has 233,000 miles on it and the air has baled. So there's that and the upcoming 2nd timing belt replacement; not to mention the big scandal. With that, I've been on a mission to find a new car rather than pay for the new air conditioning system and timing belt and, for the life...
  12. C

OEM Suspension Upgrade?

My '09 Jetta TDI just hit 230,000 miles and just completed my 2nd tie-rod ends replacement. Thought I might swap out the suspension just for the heck of it. Maybe not right away, but just to enhance it a bit. A trusted mechanic recommended stock springs and Koni yellows all around. Did a...
  13. C

Feeler - 2009 Jetta TDI - SE PA

I have a high-mileage/highly maintained '09 Jetta TDI. Has 134,000 miles, did all filters every 20,000 miles and oil/filter every 10,000 (using Total for awhile and then switching to Lubro-Moly). The best shop in the entire Philly area did the timing belt at 120,000 miles and just replaced...
  14. C

Another Philly Area Woodlawn Garage Trip

My 2009 Jetta TDI just hit 130,000 miles so of course the engine light comes on. I had found www.woodlawngarage.com while searching for someone to replace my timing belt and they did so to perfection. They cleaned out my throttle body (or whatever the square thing is with the flap in it...
  15. C

Any "Odd" High-Mileage Maintenence? - '09

Just did the timing belt (at 120,000 miles). Any recommended high-mileage maintenance or preventative maintence that isn't factory recommended? Thanks.
  16. C

Struck Gold with Philly Area Mechanic

Found www.woodlawngarage.com on this forum's Recommended Mechanic list while searching for an independent shop to replace my timing belt ('09 Jetta TDI with 120,000 miles). Extremely easy to work with and remarkably thorough. Can't recommend these guys enough. Hopefully I posted in the...
  17. C

Timing Belt Replacement?

My 2009 Jetta TDI timing belt is probably due (100,000 miles). Is it best to have that done at a dealership? Either way, is there a "best" place to go in the Philadelphia, PA area (Bucks County)? Thanks.
  18. C

WTB: Factory Wheels - '09 Jetta

Hi: Looking for a set of factory wheels in perfect condition for my '09 Jetta TDI. Must have tire pressure sensors in tact, etc. Thanks. Cory corsteiner@aol.com (215) 321-2329 Found. Thanks.
  19. C

WTB - Driver's Side Floor Mat ('09 Jetta)

I'll buy the first rubber driver's side floor mat that appears. I keep wearing them out so maybe the first and second. Thanks. corsteiner@aol.com
  20. C

All Seasons or Winter Tires/Summer Tires?

I'm about due for a new set of tires and am undecided between putting winters on my stock wheels and summer tires on aftermarkets or just putting all seasons on my stock wheels. Any experience would be appreciated. I think that all seasons generally last a bit longer and the heavier TDI engine...