Search results

1. C

'fess up - who got emotional handing back keys

Not bad. Too early to tell. The gas gauge does seem to move faster than it did on the TDI. Driving it very gently and smoothly. Seems to be breaking in nicely and is actually a pretty nimble and light car. Starting to like it more and more and glad to not have to be dealing with any...
  2. C

'fess up - who got emotional handing back keys

Probably could have done without the recent new air conditioner, timing belt and EGR, but still sad to see it go today. The good deal I got on the 1.4T Jetta sort of made up for the crappy independent mechanics that didn't do much of the work correctly. Never Again. I do miss the TDI.
  3. C

1.4T vs. 1.8T Golf?

I might go with that. Thanks.
  4. C

1.4T vs. 1.8T Golf?

My buyback is about to be bought back and I was all set for a 1.4T Jetta yesterday until I found out it has a timing belt. So I've been spending hours researching every option and just can't do a Corolla, Civic, Mazda 3, etc. The Mazda 6 jumps out a bit, but all fingers are pointing back...
  5. C

Buyback - Use Money to Buy Any Car?

I was patiently awaiting the cash until several months passed and still no fix for my (2009) car so a bulb went off and am in the final step of the Buyback. For some reason I was under the impression that it was sort of a trade plus cash for a new VW, but during the process it seems as though I...
  6. C

2009 Jetta TDI/Manual Transmission (in SE PA)

Thanks. Just processed for the buyback and should hopefully soon have a new Jetta 1.4T.
  7. C

507 Oil in Non-TDI?

Probably a dumb question, but my '09 TDI should be a goner by next week replaced by a 1.4T. I have a lot of 507 oil left over. Is that OK to use in the 2017 VW Jetta 1.4T? Thanks.
  8. C

Buyback or Sell on My Own?

Just switched to the buyback so it's buyback prolly next week.
  9. C

2009 Jetta TDI/Manual Transmission (in SE PA)

Haven't yet gotten the cash settlement and am weighing the buyback, but figured I'd list here first to see. It's a silver 2009 Jetta TDI with manual transmission with 260,000 miles. My maintenance schedule is over-the-top and the timing belt, etc. were replaced at 120,000 and 240,000...
  10. C

Buyback or Sell on My Own?

I think I'm over my car and don't feel like waiting for the cash. It's a 2009 Jetta TDI/manual transmission with 260,000 miles and maintained with precision throughout its life. If I stick with VW it'll be the 1.4T or might be something else if I don't do the buyback. Do you think...
  11. C

What if No Fix? - 2009

Many months ago it was $5100. Called a few weeks ago and no fix for 2009's and no ETA. Kind of figured I'd use that for the pending timing belt that was due, did it, then the EGR went, replaced that. If I knew it was going to start getting expensive I may have went for the buyout/new VW right...
  12. C

What if No Fix? - 2009

I'd maybe have done it prior to my timing belt and new EGR, but at this point might as well get the payout and then consider selling.
  13. C

What if No Fix? - 2009

Crap - Just replaced my EGR and did a timing belt 18,000 miles ago. Maybe I'll visit the shop and see. The salesman there is very nice.
  14. C

What if No Fix? - 2009

It's probably been answered a million times, but is the trade-in a worthwhile endeavor and, if so, is the 1.4T Jetta a good way to go? I drive a ton and must have a manual transmission and dipstick.
  15. C

What if No Fix? - 2009

No fix yet for my 2009. Is it possible that it'll happen? I'd rather it stay "broken" and get the payout if that's at all an option or is VW just trying to encourage trade-ins? THANKS and I LOVE my diesel. Why?!!!
  16. C

How Does Cash Settlement Work?

I completed everything online and am just waiting for the word on the software/emissions mods. Just called VW Court Settlement and they didn't have a date at all on when the 3-part process would start. Anyone have any rough idea of timeline? Thought about switching to a buyback, but I...
  17. C

Check Engine Light Comes On, But Not Always

Almost bought one from idparts.com . Maybe I'll spring for it and become a hardened DIY'er.
  18. C

Check Engine Light Comes On, But Not Always

Any idea what might be happening with my 2009 Jetta TDI with 250,000 miles with a Check Engine light that comes on sometimes and then sometimes doesn't come on? Runs perfectly. Many thanks.
  19. C

Dealer vs Independent?

I've had maintenance done at a dealer extremely rarely; almost never. My '09 Jetta TDI just hit 250,000 miles and is 100% squared away, but there's always "the next time". Just had my timing belt done by a local shop and they did a good job. Had a parking brake cable issue and...