Search results

1. K

WTT 4 Qts Mobil1 5w30 ESP for Regular (Central FL)

Did the buy back and have 4 quarts of mobil 1 5w30 ESP. Looking to trade for 4qts regular Mobil 1 5w30 synthetic. Figured it is better used in a TDI... Prefer local trades at this time in central FL.
  2. K

Another Annoying Free Service Experience (20k)

This has been talked before. On one hand I don't want to let 'free' service go to waste but on the other something usually goes wrong. Went in for the 20k service today. The good: - The right oil according to the receipt got used - No DEF spillage noticed, will recheck for crystals The bad: -...
  3. K

VAG Appearance (or lack thereof) at Orlando Autoshow

Is VAG retracting from the American market place? No VWs No Porsche No Lambo About 5 Audis in the corner. No accessory power (unlike other oems) so could barely fit since the seats won't move. Hard to get me interested in cars when I can't sit in them easily. Mercedes had a huge spread...
  4. K

Platinum Super Duty likes to Race

Driving family home on the FL turnpike from Thanksgiving dinner and a Platinum Superduty approaches from behind. He must have noticed I was driving a diesel Passat NMS and paces while sitting in the fast lane as if he wants to race. Then he ragged on it rolling some coal to 'beat' me. I guess...
  5. K

DSG Stall Reverse to Drive

2013 14k mi. I was backing up, put it in drive, and it stalled out. It stalled like a manual transmission would if you didn't give it enough accelerator as you let the clutch pedal out. I'm taking it as my fault for now as I didn't stop completely before shifting to drive...but that is my...
  6. K

Half Hour Long Regen Possible

Noticed a regen happening today. My wife stated she might have interrupted once or twice this week. So at our destination I left her in the car while I took care of business. 26 min later the car is still at 950 RPMs fans going. So I get back in a blip the throttle twice and RPMs go back to 800...
  7. K

Mobile 1 ESP 5W-30 Deal

Hey guys, picked up 4 quarts of Mobile 1 ESP 5W-30 (with VW 507 approval) at a Pep Boys grand opening out by UCF. Normally $12.79 a quart but got it for $5.00 a quart on sale. Hopefully some of you have other grand openings near with a similar deal.