Search results

1. B

'02 Jetta TDI weird things

The last thing serviced on the engine was the timing belt. It was replaced about a year ago... maybe 15,000 miles. Other than that what should I be doing on a regular basis? Maybe that's my problem....
  2. B

'02 Jetta TDI weird things

I've posted on here before and gotten some really good advice... so here goes again.... I recently noticed my car driving slightly weird. About 2 weeks ago on a 2 hour road trip I noticed that when I went from driving highway speeds (around 65 MPH) for about an hour - to stop and go traffic -...
  3. B

Random ? - headlights 2002 Jetta

This is a non-TDI question but since I know we have a lot of helpful VW owners I thought I would ask anyway. I have a 2002 Jetta TDI. My headlights suddenly seem much dimmer than usual. There is no difference in the brightness when I have just my day time running lights and when I switch on...
  4. B

Pittsburgh Timing Belt

We were not able to get teh part number because the part was purchased from a dealership in VA but then the labor was done somewhere else (long story but the VW dealership messed up our appointment and we flipped out and took it somewhere else). The guy who did the labor at 60,000 miles said...
  5. B

Pittsburgh Timing Belt

Can anyone recommend a mechanic in the Pittsburgh area that could do my 2002 Jetta TDI's timing belt? I DO NOT want to take my care to Day VW. Also, when we did the first timing belt (60,000 miles) it was estimated that the dealership would charge around $600 for parts and labor... is this...
  6. B

Fuel Injector -- Pittsburgh help!!

Had a candid conversation with someone at Lower Burrell and came to the conclusion that I was really gambling with taking my car out of Day and getting a second opinion. I gave much more detail to this mechanic about what happened and was told that Day was probably in the right rhelm of what...
  7. B

I do not have a garage. As much as I would love to be able to wait until Thursday to get some personal help... my boss may not agree with it. Getting the car fixed at Day VW already has me set back through at least tomorrow. So I am hoping to make up my mind on what to do ASAP. Unfortunately...
  8. B

It was cold here that day... but a good 10-15 degrees warmer than the couple days before. I had no trouble starting the car the couple days before. I had driven the car a good 10 miles before it died on me so it was warm at the time... could the fuel still gel??? I am not afraid to admitt...
  9. B

My TDI has 117000 miles on it and broke down on me 3 days ago. Bear with me because I really know nothing about cars. It really did not want to start the morning it broke down nor on my way home from work but it did start both times. I drove it onto the PA turnpike and it was going back and...
  10. B

Battery

Is there something I need to tell these places when I call... because they all have told me they can't get a 94R and that a dealer is my only option???
  11. B

Battery

Can anyone help give me a name of what kind of battery I need for a 2002 Jetta TDI? I have spoken with the dealership and they said I had two options: one was $114.04 and the other is $122.43 - this is on top of a $39.50 instalation fee. There has to be a cheaper way to do this. I live in...