Search results

1. DSLPWR

Not GTG, but Regional Service Recommendations

All, I'm recently arrived to the Kansas City area, and I'll need service soon. Seeking recommendations on reputable and competent VW service. Dealers listed on the corporate website are: Northtowne, Molle, Bud Brown, or Crown (out in Lawrence). What say ye, good TDI people? DSLPWR
  2. DSLPWR

TDI Caddy, Listing

First up - no personal interest or association with seller. Just posting for information's sake. Second: '97 Passat TDI w/5-speed manual transplanted into a 172k (indicated) 1981 Caddy. No mention of the conversion process, which makes me wary. Lots of pictures of the non-stock sporty...
  3. DSLPWR

Switch Blanks - Text Ideas Help Request

All, Think James Bond, Q, and the lovely Aston Martin DB5... Now think of your lovely VW and those empty switch blanks on your dash or center console. If you could, what would you put on those switches? LASER? MACHINE GUN? EJECTION SEAT? OIL SLICK? ;) Please post here - I'm trying to get...
  4. DSLPWR

First Days, New Golf...

Just picked up the new Golf. Picked it up from a DC dealer who dealer transferred it from - imagine that - Langhorne. And Langhorne got it from King VW in MD. ANYWAYS, the sale worked out well and we're off. Being my wife and I were tired, she didn't hear me state "vary the rpm's while...
  5. DSLPWR

Back in the Club (Mostly)

Signed up for Fred's TDI Club in 1999 due to the prospect of TDI ownership. Didn't work out, but I'd always hoped for a TDI GTI (nee GTD), so kept a very light finger on the pulse of the community. Since then, vehicle interests and conditions changed yielding a Volvo 850R, a Dodge Ram - at...
  6. DSLPWR

Contemplating Golf TDI; 6MT Gear Ratio Question

Anyone who knows, Looking at purchasing a Golf TDI and performing due diligence. The VW website shows 6MT gear ratios as: Transmission Type Manual 1st Gear 3.77 2nd Gear 1.96 3rd Gear 1.26 4th Gear 0.87 5th Gear 0.86 6th Gear 0.72 Reverse 4.55 Final I 3.45 Final II 2.76 Question: why are 4th...
  7. DSLPWR

Seeking '04-'06 Golf TDI, Alaska

To Whom it May Concern, I am seeking to purchase a 2004-2006 Golf GLS TDI. Engine (and overall) maintenance is numero uno concern, mileage is second. Maintenance should be correct and recorded from day 1, miles desired are roughly 9-10k/year. If maintenance and overall condition are...
  8. DSLPWR

No Suggestions, Just Thanks

Derf, Long time, no posting. I got out of the diesel scene for a few years (SLK, 500E, Volvo 850R) after I got married. Heading to Alaska soon, so am dumping the 500E in favor of a Dodge Ram 2500 with the Cummins. All in all, I've yet to find a Dodge Ram diesel site that's nearly so...
  9. DSLPWR

VW Pickup Brochure

Uncommon item. 10 page color photograph brochure on the 1982 VW pickup truck. Cover reads "pickup" with a white VW pickup truck on it. Back cover reads: "Jetta Rabbit & Convertible Scirocco Nothing else is a Volkswagen. Quantum Vanagon & Camper Pickup" Interior pages show multiple pictures of...
  10. DSLPWR

1987 Mercedes-Benz 300SDL for sale

All, Liquidating excess family vehicles. First was the Caddy. Next is a Mercedes-Benz. Facts: 1987 300SDL, 209k miles. Silver with navy interior. Fairly well loaded. Air Conditioning (fully operational). Power reclining rear bench seat. Sunroof. Drivers airbag. And more. Have...
  11. DSLPWR

1982 Caddy For Sale, Diesel of course

All, I don't post here much anymore, as the VW diesels have been off my radar screen. Reliable engines + poor dealership service = hesitation on purchasing. Anyways, my parents are going into retirement and they've been storing my VW pickup. It's a 4 speed manual with 123k miles. The...
  12. DSLPWR

VW Literature

It's been a while since I've posted here -- things look sharp. Nice job, Fred! I'm clearing out some of my VW stuff and wanted to give first dibs to the TDI'er's. If I don't get any offers within a week or so, they'll go up on EBay. VW USA Form No. W6400600AS, glovebox packet VW model...
  13. DSLPWR

New York TDI'er's?

New York TDI\'er\'s? Greetings, Who's out there from NY? Anybody in the Hudson valley area? Any activity out there for TDI enthusiasts? DSLPWR
  14. DSLPWR

Market Check (Future Wanted Car?)

All, My wife had an A2 Jetta GL which we sold with 296,000 miles. She loved the car, so we're looking for a replacement and she's agreed to take a diesel instead of gas. Successful Compromise! So, I'm trying to locate a base model A3 Jetta TDI or an 4 door A4 Golf TDI (tough for the...
  15. DSLPWR

Autoweek Articles...

All, Autoweek recently posted some interesting information regarding non-VW diesels. Ford Focus, Opel EcoSpeedster, and MB's new C30 CDI AMG. Interesting discussion on the politics and hurtles to getting USLDF into the US. Recently saw an ad in Time, I think it was, where Shell was...
  16. DSLPWR

WANTED: TDI in FL

All, My parents have transitioned to migratory retirement status and are looking for a winter car for Florida. Dad really enjoys diesels and would prefer a TDI, but budgetary requirements limit him to an older model. Location, Melbourne/Palm Bay area. Please reply if you know or see one...
  17. DSLPWR

C30 CDI AMG

All, Mentioned elsewhere, but I wanted to provide some links for review. Most are common places to look, but if you've not seen, it's good info. DSLPWR Official: http://www.mercedes-benz.com/amg/e/cars/serie_c30.htm Near Offical ( ): http://mbspy.bacosys.be/w203c30.htm By the way, the...
  18. DSLPWR

AutoX GTG, Devens, MA, 13OCT02

All, I see some other stuff going on, but on the 13th of October at Devens, Mass, the NER is having a Solo II event. I'm intending on showing up at the Devens SCCA Solo II event with my trusty MB 190D 2.5 Turbo and a few bucks to run. Anyone who would like to join is welcome; the more...
  19. DSLPWR

W123 300TD 4x4 for Sale, NH $5000 OBO

All, For the sophisticated Rally-Master/Rock Crawler in you. This baby has Toyota Landcruiser axles complete with transfer case, tow pintle, diamond plate rear bumper, etc. Mileage reads just over 61k miles and the body is truly in very good condition. Looks very solid from underneath...
  20. DSLPWR

Weekender vehicle?

Ok, it was a Mercedes and it was a diesel until they replced the engine with a 'vette V8 and modified the shrit out of it. Silly folks. They designed it as an exploration vehicle. Why gas?! www.maximog.com DSLPWR