Search results

1. P

Thule Roof Rack 4 Jetta Sportwagen

Sold. Thanks Brewerbob! Enjoy.
  2. P

I still have this rack if anyone is interested. Make an offer.
  3. P

Is my alternator junk? One way bearing failure.

Yeah it's the correct clutched pulley - made by INA. They actually had several of them sitting on the counter in the office as well in various states of failure.
  4. P

What to look for on a 2006 one owner 5 spd

You got rust warrantied on a 10 year old car?
  5. P

Thanks all. I checked with a local alternator / starter repair shop and they had the new INA pulley in stock - $53 installed.
  6. P

Yes, it turns free and smooth.
  7. P

Good eye. I thought it was only the scarred shaft remaining, but I think you're right, there is a very thin collar still on the shaft.
  8. P

Started my BRM Jetta after work Friday night and made it to the street when suddenly lots of noise and a burning smell. Parked the car and found metal shavings all around the alternator pulley, and could visibly see the pulley was not sitting square on the shaft. Went back later with a car...
  9. P

Wtb MKV MKVI Jetta non-working radiator fan

I think I have a dead one on my MKIV. I need to test it out somehow tomorrow to confirm. If it is, I'll let you know.
  10. P

FS: Radar Detectors - Passport MAX & Valentine One

Are you going to driver slower or move to something different?
  11. P

Yes, still available. Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this thread. :eek:
  12. P

Single volume softcover vs two volume hardcover Bentley?

Does anyone know the difference between the single volume softcover vs the two volume hardcover Bentley manual for the MK4 Jetta/Golf/GTI? Does the two volume set include more detail?
  13. P

Can rear wheel hub bearing assembly be removed and reinstalled?

Hey guys, is it possible to remove and re-install the rear wheel hub assemblies on the MK5 Jetta? I know some hub bearings are not designed to allow this.
  14. P

Any suggestions for these VCDS log errors?

Just to give you guys a quick update on these errors. No ideas on the digital radio. I didn't even realize the Premium 7 units had digital. I checked out the door harness and all wiring looked good, so I found where all wires terminated and tested continuity end to end on each one while...
  15. P

Any suggestions for these VCDS log errors?

I have a few remaining errors now that I have this new to me 06 Jetta 2.5 running. I can say that the lock switch on the drivers door does not work to lock or unlock. Also the exit/warning lights do not light on either door on the left, but do light on both doors on the right. I haven't...
  16. P

ABS sensor resistance - Bentley's?

Bentley doesn't list or suggest testing resistance. It says "Check using scan tool". It also says each sensor is tested when the vehicle is started and a DTC will be stored if necessary.
  17. P

Can anyone help me with a dead 2006 2.5 Jetta - No crank

Here are pics from the day I brought it home. Came with the stock wheels too, but all 8 tires need replaced. :eek:
  18. P

What secures the shift knob onto the shifter?

Thanks guys. I re-crimped the factory clamp and it is tight again for now. I'll switch to a serviceable clamp if it loosens up again. I didn't notice the knurled part on the shifter as the previous owner had it covered with electrical tape!!
  19. P

Yeah I'm sure the 2.5 gasser won't do nearly as well on fuel as the TDI. It is a 5 speed, so that may help. I picked up a new battery today at the Volkswagen dealer. The battery from the car was stamped VAG 02 06. The parts guy felt that was the original battery from the car, so now I'm...
  20. P

I'd love to know the real chain of events. I suspect the car initially had a 460 relay issue, or a battery issue, and he started messing around in the fuse box and accidentally made things worse for himself. I put 45 miles on it tonight and it runs good. A couple little issues yet. I'll get...