Search results

1. D

Possible 2006.5 purchase?

Good Luck with the Headliner Based on my "analysis" this weekend of Wifey's 2006 Jetta, to replace the headliner part -- seems easiest to go through the open windshield space...
  2. D

Repair shops for VW's in Houston - NOT DEALERS

RunOnBeer +1 for Robby @ RunOnBeer in Austin...he replaced my dual mass flywheel on the DSG back in 2013 or 2014 Car runs perfectly to this day
  3. D

Texas owners TDI List

I had thought I had posted on this list long before........ 2006 Jetta with 6-speed DSG named Joan Jetta.... Over 101K miles strong
  4. D

Geneva Auto Show VW Introductions - Passat Alltrack, Touran, CC GTE, etc.

Just some other color please I knew I wasn't alone in wanting some other colors........
  5. D

VW says AWD SportWagen coming in 2016

Late to the party...(been super busy at work) So now the Alltrack won't have a TDI diesel? And, it will have run-flats with no spare tire -- or is that just an option/solution to keep the TDI for urea/AdBlue tank?
  6. D

For Those With 2009 TDI Over 100,000 Miles

Meerschm Can you please provide a $$$/time estimate for the suspension work you listed above?
  7. D

Going rate for timing belt job??

Runonbeer I would highly recommend Runonbeer in Austin -- he changed wifey's DMF on her 2006 Jetta last March -- it's worth the drive from Houston....
  8. D

Replaced my battery today

2006 with 77K miles Just replaced the VW (2nd one) battery again at 77K miles...bought a NAPA for $102
  9. D

Delayed Air Conditioning

How To Get To/Access RCV Redbarron -- what type (length?) of snap ring pliers did you use? Can you send a pic of the pliers that you used to replace your RCV?
  10. D

Delayed Air Conditioning

How to Get To/Access RCV on Compressor How did everyone actually replace their RCVs? Did everyone remove the front bumper to get enough free space...mine is a snap-ring type and I swear I couldn't see enough wiggle room from underneath, without removing the front bumper... Please give me...
  11. D

Receiver drier installation

Delayed A/C I am in the same boat as OP -- need to replace the RCV and receiver drier. Had the Jetta lifted today (to replace DMF) and noticed that I could reach anything without the front completely removed....
  12. D

2006 jetta tdi 1.9 rattle in oil pan

Dmf I just had my DMF replaced yesterday by Robby @ RunOnBeer -- sounds identical
  13. D

Delayed Air Conditioning

Which type of RCV do I have? Here is a pic of my Sanden compressor's RCV (I assume)... Which one (bolt on vs snap ring) do I have?
  14. 2006 Jetta RCV Pic

2006 Jetta RCV Pic

2006 Jetta TDI RCV Pic -- Sanden Compressor
  15. 2006 Jetta RCV Pic

2006 Jetta RCV Pic

16. 2006 Jetta RCV Pic

2006 Jetta RCV Pic

17. D

Coolant Leak -- '06 Jetta

Thanks -- Should be an easy replacement if I can get my hand in there.
  18. D

Coolant Leak -- '06 Jetta

Wife's Jetta is leaking coolant -- I removed the belly pan and noticed the wetness here in this pic. The hose (pointing at 11 o'clock) has the wetness, and when I squeezed the rubber part, coolant seems to drip out of somewhere. Is this my EGR hose? How difficult to replace the entire hose...
  19. '06 Jetta EGR Hose

'06 Jetta EGR Hose

Is this my EGR Hose that's leaking coolant
  20. D

35,982 miles. Tapping/knocking in HVAC

I wonder if my (2006 Jetta: 53K miles) recirculating motor is out -- I can't get any directional air flow through either my windshield via the defroster setting or the floor via the heater setting. I can get hot or cold (the A/C works) air to blow through the dashboard vents. I've checked the...