Search results

1. I

2" Hitch Option for Sportwagen

Hi, all. I installed the Torklift 2" hitch on my 2014 JWS this summer. I found these install guides extremely valuable: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=290710 http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=438123 Especially purchasing the extra parts needed in advance of the install...
  2. I

Have any of you transported a queen mattress and or box spring w/ your JSW?

General securing and safety tips: http://www.movingguru.com/movingguide/tying-a-mattress-to-a-car/ Good luck!
  3. I

20,000 mile service?

Do you have one of these for the 2014's?
  4. I

***Official maintenance schedule for your VW [PDFs inside]***

Thanks for putting this together! Are the PDFs for the 2014's available yet?
  5. I

Anyone got any pointers of the good and bad of these cars?

Two points that I will offer as general comments about these forums are 1)to remember that this is a community of car enthusiasts. In that regard I do not think you are getting a well represented 'picture' of all TDI's but just of those that belong to people who care enough to write about them...
  6. I

Wheel Vibrations

ETA: Here is the thread http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=394103
  7. I

Wheel Vibrations

Search this forum for vibrations and lower control arm bushings. Awhile back there was someone with a similar issue and it was traced to that. Good luck! Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  8. I

VW warranty issues....

Good luck! Please keep us informed.
  9. I

JSW Roof Rack

@egrims I have the Thule AeroBlade Edge 7501/7502 combo on a 2014 w/ Pano. Attached to that i have the Thule 625 Force XL. I have not attempted to open the Pano w/ the Racks on as it has been winter here and not warm enough to finely adjust their positioning. I do not keep the racks or cargo...
  10. I

Bad washer fluid sensor? [New Rain-X formula not compatible with VW level sensor]

Just got my 2014 back from the dealer with the same issue. Apparently DO NOT EVER USE ANYTHING except the blue stuff. My car is 8 weeks old and the orange stuff corroded the sensor and needed to be replaced. Good luck sent from space
  11. I

Need Input on Rooftop Cargo Carrier (Thule and the like)

On a 2014 JSW w/ Pano: Attached to factory raised rails Thule roof racks (7501 and 7502). For the cargo box i have the Thule Force XL 625 . We use it mainly for camping supplies. Do not keep the cargo box or racks on when not in use.
  12. I

vibrations continue.....

oh yea, you should definitely do this as well :)
  13. I

vibrations continue.....

I'd follow redbarron's advice on this thread, expecially if you have some time and know how. Replace the LCA bushings. He says "I changed a lot of stuff before I changed the LCA bushings and it was like night and day. As I posted above I could not really see a problem with the bushings I...
  14. I

vibrations continue.....

@sy5adm1n - just throwing out my experience relating to this - sorry do not have an answer for you. I have 2014 jsw and it vibrated since day one (with 16 miles on it) at 50mph and only at 50. The way I deal with it is not drive at 50 +-3mph. I'm subscribed to this thread to see if you find a...
  15. I

New owner and DSG 'shudder'

yea yea yea :) my wife is the daily driver, her wants trump my own ;)
  16. I

Cool - again, thanks for the info, much appreciated.
  17. I

Thanks for the reply, VeeDub! Is your info based on anecdotal evidence of yourself and others or from a mechanic's experience? Not trying to be a dick just trying to understand the perspective. again, thanks!
  18. I

Thank you for the reply, halfast3! I have noticed that it only occurs when i am stopped on an incline above a certain % threshold. Then it seems like hill assist kicks in, then i hit the accelerator and then the 'shuddering' between 1st and 2nd occurs and then silky smooth. I can't seem to...
  19. I

Yes, I saw that thread but what stuck in my mind most was this from user VeeDubTDI: Thanks for all of the other info. I have a VW mechanic as a friend of a friend and he has already turned me onto the fuel stations that i want to fill up at.
  20. I

Hello all - it has been fun (and extremely informative (and paranoia inducing (re: HPFP)) while lurking on this forum. We are the proud owners of a 2014 JSW TDI DSG w/sunroof (in Toffee with Cornsilk int.). We picked up the car on Saturday ($28,050 (before tax and reg) in the Phila, PA area...