Search results

1. S

Low tire pressure and loss traction light coming on

Get a vcds scan. More than likely there is a fault somewhere along the abs system. The tire pressure monitor works via the abs module Again get a vcds scan. Without it you will only be chasing your tail. Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
  2. S

The future of TapaTalk on TDIClub

I like Tapatalk as I'm on various forums and it's convenient to have it via one app A feature I like about Tapatalk is the ability to get direct mobile notifications not just for replies but even posts within threads. I know you can set your email, but I get so many junk emails it's...
  3. S

CJAA swap into mk6 Jetta

This is a wild guess, but I'd venture to say most of the wiring/harnesses would. If my memory serves me correct, the BCM and pin outs are different. I would imagine the same would hold true for other modules. I'm sure you could go the route of stitching harnesses together and such. Even...
  4. S

Engine oil

Ive always heard good things about pentosin. When I had my 14' TDI all I used was Castrol LL03 or mobile 1 esp and was satisfied with both. Interesting take on the liqui moly as si may people seem to rant and rave about it. No personal experience with it on my end though. I saw this lab...
  5. S

TDIClub Forums Not Secure?

Yep I also noticed this with Google. Idk what's going on. Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
  6. S

RNS 510 FW issues

As far as I know, the only vcds licensed stuff comes from Ross tech. Yes they support everywhere. And yes it is highly recommend in the long run to purchase. You can use for diagnosing, adaptation i.e. upgrade feature and certain maintenance to do properly I e. Fuel filter change to prime...
  7. S

Engine oil

Out of curiosity, where do you source your pentosin? I don't think I've seen it carried at in the major chains. Is it online only? Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
  8. S

Engine oil

I agree 100%. That's why I recommend the LL03 as at the time when I owned mine, it seemed that the general consensus agreed that was the best. Am I correct in my assessment, that the LL03 is no longer available? Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
  9. S

RNS 510 FW issues

Looks like a pirated knockoff. Definitely not recommended for obvious reasons. The not so obvious ones, are that Uwe and the rosstech posse are big contributers to the TDI community. They are active members in this and other VW forums, sharing their wealth of knowledge for free in many cases...
  10. S

RNS 510 FW issues

No clue as to how to fix. But I can say with 1000% certainty, a vcds scan might tell us alot. Maybe one of the adaptation options was disabled upon upgrading the firmware? Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
  11. S

Engine oil

So my friend ended up pulling the trigger on a 2013 SEL. When I had my Jetta, (pre buy back) VW 507 spec oils were easy to find, especially the one stuff Edge professional LL03. It looks like the LL03 is no longer available and the only options I could find were the mobile 1 esp and the liqui...
  12. S

Winter tires

Unless if you're driving in a constant ice environment, i.e. Alaska northern Maine, British Columbia etc. Studded tires are a waste. You're better off carrying chains and putting the on snow tires when you need to. That's what I do with my current snow vehicle. Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
  13. S

Winter tires

Lol you missed my edit! Haha I edited to say that I agree with you. Nokians are in fact the true "King of the north!" Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
  14. S

Winter tires

Sandbags are not necessary and will run counter, as your drivewheels are up front. By adding sand bag in the trunk all you do is increase mass and in certain situations, further instability. If you really want sand in your trunk, I'd use it more for a traction aid to lay down if I were...
  15. S

Winter tires

Haha I know. I usually buy my winter set around this time. Or a 215. Something on a 16" rim that will let you put a taller meatier tire on. A skinny tires will give you a heavier contact patch which is what you want in snow. Whereas a wide tire, will allow you to float. This is good for...
  16. S

Winter tires

Woah, slow down there partner! Haha we still have several months before the white stuff starts falling! As for your question, you actually want tall and skinny tires for snow. Some people are mistaken and say wide tires, as that works in mud bogs but for snow you want pizza cutter tires so...
  17. S

Cpo buying experience

Do you mind sharing what dealership? If you don't want to post it here, could you pm it to me? Thank you. Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
  18. S

Cpo buying experience

What dealership is that if you don't mind my asking? Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
  19. S

Cpo buying experience

Yeah that's what I told him, to ditch CPO but it looks like the cpo v.s. used pricing isn't too far off, within a thousand dollars in most cases. Hes trying to find something with under 60k preferably as he will be using the car for business and driving a lot of miles. What is an internal...
  20. S

DMF rattle at idle at 52k miles

Normally no, but if it was beat on it is possible Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk