Search results

1. franklinstower

Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure (CPS) - Please Report to NHTSA

Can everyone that has had this failure please report it to the NHTSA https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-problem#vehicle The Dealers are idiots and ripping most of us off when we try to get them to replace it under diesel gate warranty. Hopefully if enough of us report it to NHTSA, maybe VWoA...
  2. franklinstower

flipping side mirror glass fell out on the freeway yesterday

as far as heater, I am very conscientious about keeping the heater off, except for when I need it, which isn't too often here in the PNW. Okay, 6+years of in service, almost 9 years since production. Any recommended aftermarket glass? I see a bunch on Amazon for under $20. But some of the...
  3. franklinstower

Another Clock Spring question

I thought the Clock Spring issue was an extended warranty TSB?
  4. franklinstower

flipping side mirror glass fell out on the freeway yesterday

I am so irritated 🤬 no warnings at all, like looseness, vibrating....Just driving down the freeway and I heard something bouncing off the side of my car, I look in the rearview mirror to see mirror bits glistening in the sun and pelting the cars behind me. I check my side mirror and nothing...
  5. franklinstower

Random Engine Hesitation

I am starting to have the symptoms of this. Longer cranking times in the morning, then after 5 minutes of driving in town, I get a single buck/hesitation. Then all seems to be good for the rest of the day. This has occurred about 1/2 dozen times now. One day I also had an idle that was not...
  6. franklinstower

new to TDI and VW, Potentially buying 2015 GSW TDI.......any tips will help

I like tinkering, have a 38 Mile round-trip commute, get 47-55 mpgs and don't get to tinker on my '15 6mt...what am I doing wrong?
  7. franklinstower

Heater fan randomly won't come on

I was gone for a week and we had sub freezing temps. I checked battery voltage before the first start after the long none running period. Voltage was down to 11.3. I cranked the engine over and it barely spun fast enough to start. I installed a different H6 battery I had laying around...
  8. franklinstower

I'll move to load test, that SOC menu option seems useless to me. Always shows 100% unless I am doing something wrong. I checked SOC this am, that's a 15 hr rest @ 32 degrees - battery voltage 12.21: SOC 100%. Full charge should be 12.6-12.8v I do believe. I might throw a trickle charge on...
  9. franklinstower

I haven't scanned yet, it worked a couple of days in a row. But this morning the fan was back to not wanting to go past 3 on the dial. And, when I hit the rear defrost, I got the flashing defrost light on the button...Isn't that related to load sensing shutting it down? I bought this May 2017...
  10. franklinstower

hmm, that could make sense. This summer I was noticing that I would turn off the A/C and it would continue to blow cold regardless...
  11. franklinstower

What's rcv? I'll scan VAG com when I get home and see if anything shows up.
  12. franklinstower

Now that Temps are getting cooler, frost on my window, etc, I've been using my defrost fan more on high. The last few weeks, on first start, my fan won't come on at all. Maybe after 5 minutes of driving it starts blasting and all is good. But it's becoming very random and seems to have a mind of...
  13. franklinstower

Flickering infotainment screen

https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/flickering-screen-of-death.508104/
  14. franklinstower

Unofficial MK7 Oil Change Guide

great price @ ID Parts! If i need a big order from them I will order a few! However at this point with shipping taking 10 days across the country and the shipping costs going up, I have been more inclined to shop locally.
  15. franklinstower

Unofficial MK7 Oil Change Guide

FYI - I just bought oil (Pentosin Super performance III 507.00) and was looking on line for a Hengst filter 03N115562B. I wanted Hengst because I have read they are more stout and don't collapse like some of the other filters. (I haven't had an issue, but many are having issues with collapsed...
  16. franklinstower

Flickering screen of death!

typical dealer BS - they said they will look into it, and if they find it wasn't coded properly, it will be covered under the warranty, otherwise it will be $200 for the diagnostic.
  17. franklinstower

10 month update on my replacement head unit: lately I have noticed a warning triangle upon start up about once a month. A restart clears it, but i never went into the Car Menu to see what was up, nor have I scanned with VCDS. Today I had a low tire pressure light come on, went to reset it...
  18. franklinstower

Audi Cross Bars fit an MK7 GSW?

Anyone know the difference between the audi and Vw cross bars? Audi Part No: 8K9-071-151-L and VW 5G9-071-151-A They fit the Allroad from 2013-2016 I am hoping these Audi bars will fit, I am sick of the wind noise my old round yakima bars make.... Thanks, Paul
  19. franklinstower

Ok, so I confirmed with the dealer that he didn't take my advice and he replaced the screen first, now he is replacing the glove box unit he referred to as the 5f. Before I took it in, I told him my research showed the screen isn't the problem, but it is the head unit in the glove box... I guess...
  20. franklinstower

So as an updated, I was in doing my Phase 2 and the service writer was utterly incompetent. Eventually I had the service manager making a house call to get my car and drop off a loaner for the phase 2. After he drove my car, he said we have to something about your flickering infotainment...