Search results

1. imo000

Cranks but no start, gauge cluster not turning on and no OBD2 comm.

Good afternoon everyone. It's been a while since I've posted but today I ran into an issue with my car (2005 Passat TDI with a 5-speed manual swap) that I can't figure out. Battery is fully charge, when turning the ignition key I can hear some relays clicking under the dash. The key would turn...
  2. imo000

LF: B5 Passat 1.8t Left axle.

Anyone here has a left (driver side) axle for a 1.8t for sale? The one I got 5 years ago for the manual conversion on my TDI is starting make some interesting noises and soon it will be time to change it.
  3. imo000

Looking for: 2005 Passat struts or springs

Anyone here has a pair of good used struts or front springs for a 2005 Passat TDI? My springs decided to break and it would be easier if I replace the entire strut that to change the springs. BUT if someone has a pair of good used front springs, I might entertain that idea too.
  4. imo000

Wanted: 2005 Passat turbocharger

Looks like my B5.5 decided to split the turbo impeller shaft in half again. Anyone has a good used one for sale, please let me know? I have to say it created an impressive smoke screen when all this happened. :)
  5. imo000

What controls the windows?

I have a parasitic draw that I have been hunting for since summer. What module controls the power windows, door locks and the radio on the b5.5? Also, does this same module controls the gauge cluster? I've already swapped out the module under the driver side seat carpet and that wasn't the one...
  6. imo000

Front brake pads

Are all North American TDI Passat sedans have the same front brake pads? My local parts store is asking for rotor size, says there are two sizes available on the TDI passat. Is this true?
  7. imo000

Steering rack boot clamp

I've replaced the inner and outer tire rods in the passenger side and having difficulties getting the boot clamp on, at the rack side. What's the trick? Do I need to make some custom tool?
  8. imo000

Time to sell my Passat.

Thinking of selling my ’05 Passat TDI sedan with manual 5 speed transmission and 358K kms, soon. Grey exterior and interior. Had the car for 4 years and I think it’s time to get something newer. The car has some small issues that can be fixed over time by the new owner. Overall the body is in...
  9. imo000

Can the throttle body be taken apart?

I've been getting a P2102 code that shows up a the Throttle Actuator Control Motor aka Throttle body for the better part of 4 years. Only comes up after the winter when the weather goes above freezing but since this year I need to take the car in for emission testing, I need to fix it now. I'm...
  10. imo000

Looking for: "Throttle body" for '05 Passat TDI

Getting a P2102 (Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit LOW) and need to get the emission testing done on my '05 Passat TDI. Anyone has a good used "Throttle body" for this car that wants to sell let me know. In the meantime, I'll take mine apart tonight to see if the gears are stripped or not.
  11. imo000

Need: MKV starter or brush basket

Anyone has a starter or just a good brush basket (with usable brushes) available? The starter on the Jetta I bought had the brushes worn down to the springs (3 out of the 4 only has the braided copper wires left). Unfortunately my spare MKIV starter basket is bigger and different enough that it...
  12. imo000

FS: ’06 (MKV) Jetta TDI

FS: Cheap ’06 (MKV) Jetta TDI Going to put my wife’s 2006 Jetta TDI (MKV) for sale in the next few days (as soon as the replacement vehicle is ready for pick up). It has some issues that will need attention. Camshaft sounds worn and will need replacement at some point and the timing belt is...
  13. imo000

Snub mount andjustment or replacsment?

Got one heck of a free play in the snub mount of my B5.5. Some research showed threads on adjusting it but not enough info on the proper way (centre it, have the housing rest o it, etc?) or is it just time to change it? If it's time to change, can the engine be lifted high enough to remove the...
  14. imo000

LF: MKIV Jeta fenders

Looking for rust free right and left front fenders (preferably silver) for an MKIV Jetta. If you one or both and want to trade them some beer money, let me know.
  15. imo000

LF: MKIV rims

Looking for rims for a project car (owner kept the rims). Either 3 steel rims with hubcaps or 4 alloys in usable shape. They need to be cheap.
  16. imo000

WTB: Silver MKIV Jetta.

Got a project car that needs doors, fenders, trunk lid, tires and a steering rack. To save on cost, I'l now looking for a donor car that has usable parts that I can transfer. Would be a bonus if it has a 2.0 gas engine. If anyone here has or knows a car like this, please let me know. I'll be...
  17. imo000

Oversize tire fit

Will 215-65-16 tires clear the front struts and the rear shocks on a ‘05 Passat?
  18. imo000

Value of a '05 manual Passat TDI?

I'm entertaining the idea of selling my '05 Manual 5-speed Passat TDI with 345K kms but have no idea what it's worth since it's not a regular TDI Passat. I've converted it to a 5-speed manual wen I bought it 3 years ago and had a proper diesel transmission from Europe (FHN), all the conversion...
  19. imo000

WTB: Passat B 5.5 Grey leather seat

Looking for a good used driver side front grey leather seat for a 2005 Passat that doesn't have memory and is manual. Doesn't have to be in excellent shape just not to have rips.
  20. imo000

Replacement flywheel suggestions

Almost 4 years ago when I converted to a manual 5-speed (FHN transmission from Europe), I ended up using a refurbished dual mass 1.8t clutch set.When the ECU ware reprogrammed it got a mild 1.5 stage tune. Fast forward to today and 100K km (60K mile) later the dual mass flywheel kicked the...