Search results

1. imo000

Cranks but no start, gauge cluster not turning on and no OBD2 comm.

Problem FIXED!! Posting this to tie up this thread. Sent the gauges clusture to Caffeine to clone the info into another clusture. He tested the original clusture but didn't find any issues with it. I still wanted a spare clusture so he cloned one and sent both back. Excellent guy to deal with by...
  2. imo000

I meant the pairing. I don't have VCDS or the knowledge how to do the pairing. This is the reason I would rather send the clusture off for refurbishing.
  3. imo000

Can you do the programming of your gauges if I send you my clusture?
  4. imo000

Looks like the gauge clusture is the problem. Are there any reputable shops in Canada or US that refurbishes these clustures?
  5. imo000

Fuse #11 in the fuse panel is not populated and it never was. Doesn't have any pins either. The fuse panel cover showes this location as the cruise control symbol. I will check the ECU 80 pin in the next couple of days.
  6. imo000

What powers the lift pump? I don't hear it priming anymore
  7. imo000

I don't hear the lift pump priming when the ignition key is on the ACC position. Where does the pump gets the signal from?
  8. imo000

Took the 219 relay out, removed the cover, cleaned the contacts but it didn't make a difference. Is the relay supposed to get energized when the key is in the ignition and the engine is cranking by the starter?
  9. imo000

That 219 relay is by the ECU or in the relay panel under the steering column? The radio is a factory stock one that came with the car when it was built.
  10. imo000

Pulled most of the ECU cover bolts off and got the ECU put without disconnecting. Checked the fuses, all OK and the relay didn't look corroded either. Did a little more testing. Key on, engine off, the gauge clusture backlighting works and also displays the high beams, signals and the clock/odo...
  11. imo000

Ok thanks. I will have a look at it tomorrow after work.
  12. imo000

Sorry for the weird question, it's been a while since I've been in there. This is in the cowl on the driver side?
  13. imo000

Good afternoon everyone. It's been a while since I've posted but today I ran into an issue with my car (2005 Passat TDI with a 5-speed manual swap) that I can't figure out. Battery is fully charge, when turning the ignition key I can hear some relays clicking under the dash. The key would turn...
  14. imo000

new to me 2005 passat wagon on a tow dolly . WELL THAT DIDN'T LAST LONG

How about instead of asking all these questions, sit down for a few minutes and look up the answers on Google and YouTube? Familiarize yourself on how an alignment is done, the Passat alignment for toe is same as any other car. Sounds like you've never worked on a car before so perhaps find...
  15. imo000

Smoking issue

Stop throwing parts at it and get someone that knows these cars look at it. OR you can start systematically diagnose the problem. Since you replaced a bunch of stuff for no reason, I would check the turbo shaft for play. Also, clean out the boost pipes and see now quickly do they fill with oil...
  16. imo000

tandem pump and oil leaks

The leaking oil from the tandem pump will swell the O ring of the coolant, cracking the edges of the manifold that's right below the pump and you will first start slowly leaking coolant. This will get worse over time and will get to the a point that it won't be manageable anymore (2 cups of...
  17. imo000

P2102 + p2108

https://www.google.com/search?q=pasat+P2102+p2108&rlz=1C1GCEA_enCA849CA849&oq=pasat+P2102++p2108&aqs=chrome..69i57.8834j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
  18. imo000

HELP! Timing belt tensioner came apart.

I hate clickbait thread titles.