Search results

1. Stromaluski

Throttle Response - Driving Profile Switchover?

So my wife bought a '15 Golf TDI a couple years ago and immediately was mentioning how she was stalling the car regularly despite having driven manual transmission cars for the last 20 years. I did a little bit of searching and came up with this post over in the mk7 forum here which mentioned...
  2. Stromaluski

AFN Turbo Support Bracket - SOLD

Sold! Brand new (some shelf wear) mk3 AFN turbo support bracket. Part 028 145 535E. Bought it from Europe for my mk3 a few years ago when I was doing a VNT swap, but ended up using a BHW support bracket instead. I don't recall why I used the BHW bracket over this one. I think I remember it...
  3. Stromaluski

Nice 11mm ALH Injection Pump

Pulled this off of a car that had been rear ended. It's in nice shape. It looks way too clean compared to the rest of the car to not have been replaced or rebuilt at some point, but I have no records for it, so it's being sold as a used pump. $290 shipped in the US.
  4. Stromaluski

ALH/AHU Core Injection Pump

I combined an NOS AHU Injection Pump and a used 11mm ALH Injection pump on my mk3 by using the AHU body and the 11mm head. This is what's left. It's a used 11mm body/internals with an NOS AHU 10mm head, delivery valves, cam plate, and shutoff solenoid. I would NOT try to run this on an...
  5. Stromaluski

Used Manual ALH Injectors/Nozzles

Used, stock injectors out of a manual ALH with hold down clamps and bolts. I have run these in an engine. They work. Lift sensor works fine. $80 shipped in the US
  6. Stromaluski

New Mk4 Inner/Outer Tie Rods - Left and Right

Complete (inner and outer) tie rods for both driver and passenger side. Bought them when I had a 1.8t wagon last year and ended up having to put a complete rack in the car, which came with new tie rods already installed. I never even took these out of the box. Beck Arnley Part #s 101-6835 and...
  7. Stromaluski

Mk3 N75

Bought this from IDParts last year, and put maybe 20k or so miles on it. Taken off to swap to VNT. Works great. Doesn't include the rubber support as it was used on the VNT swap. Works on Mk3 and B4. AHU and 1Z. $20 shipped in the US.
  8. Stromaluski

Mk3 AHU JB ECU FS

SOLD! Metal Case, JB ECU from a '98 Jetta. I bought it as a spare when I had my mk3, but never needed it. Sold the car, so now I'm selling some of the extra parts I had. $100 shipped in the US.
  9. Stromaluski

1998 Mk3 Jetta AHU VNT17 GT1749VA Upgrade

I did this upgrade on my Jetta earlier this year. Figured I'd make a thread to let people know what's involved. This is more of an information dump rather than a build thread, FYI. I was looking for a small-ish turbo upgrade for my car and decided on a GT1749VA from a BHW, which was...
  10. Stromaluski

1998 Jetta TDI - VNT17, Quaife, etc.

Sold! Not entirely sure what I want to do with this car, but I bought a '13 CC a couple days ago, so I figured I'd see if there was any interest in this car. I've also considering using it as a donor car for the drivetrain to put into my rabbit truck, but it really is a decent mk3 so I'd...
  11. Stromaluski

Injection Pump Issue - Runaway or Idle Miss

I'm just getting my Jetta back together after about 2 months of being apart. Prior to taking the car apart, it was stock aside from DLC1019 injectors, a malone stage 3 tune, and I put an 11mm pump head into the stock injection pump. It was running great, but of course, looking for more power...
  12. Stromaluski

O-Ring on Turbo Oil Feed Line?

I've been collecting parts to upgrade the turbo on my AHU to a VNT-17 and ended up with a question about the feed line. I purchased an aftermarket, braided feed line and realized that the end of it has an o-ring in a groove that was cut into the fitting. This seems out of place to me... I...
  13. Stromaluski

Upgraded SMIC for Jetta

Does anybody have any more information on what exactly doesn't fit about the pwrhaus mk3 intercooler? I found two threads that both say they aren't a direct replacement, but neither goes into detail (or at least doesn't anymore since the pictures no longer work)...
  14. Stromaluski

2006 Jetta TDI DSG - Upstate, SC

Realized I wasn't able to edit the price in the title of my other ad... $4700 obo! Come get it! 2006 Jetta TDI DSG. Turbo Diesel. BRM engine code. Platinum Grey. Package 2 car with heated, power seats, premium stereo, steering wheel controls, Climatronic, etc. Service records going back...
  15. Stromaluski

2006 Jetta TDI DSG - $5700

Copy/pasted from Craigslist ad. :) 2006 Jetta TDI DSG. Turbo Diesel. BRM engine code. Platinum Grey. Package 2 car with heated, power seats, premium stereo, steering wheel controls, Climatronic, etc. Service records going back to 2008. Was purchased CPO in 2008 by the PO. I bought it...
  16. Stromaluski

FS: Blue 1998 Jetta TDI - $5200

Don't really need to sell it, but figured I'd see if anybody is interested. Located in Greenville, SC. Bought this from another member back in 2015. (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=446593) One of the first owners was a member, as well. (http://forums.tdiclub.com/member.php?u=650)...
  17. Stromaluski

WTB: OEM Early Mk4 Radio - Premium IV

Looking for a stock, single DIN radio from an early mk4 WITHOUT the monsoon system. Should be a premium IV radio. If you don't have the code for the radio, that's not a problem. Do need a working radio, though. I've bought two so far that had one or more channel blown out. :( This is what...
  18. Stromaluski

WTB: OEM late Mk3 Radio

After my stock radio ate itself, I threw in a radio that I had sitting around; but I'd really like to have a replacement stock radio. Let me know what you've got. :)
  19. Stromaluski

Axle flange seals - Green Sleeves

So while I had my transmission apart, I removed the green sleeve dealies without really thinking about it. Part #02A301192A And now that I'm putting the transmission back together, I've had a few people tell me that those are not re-usable. If you pull them out, then you'll have to replace...
  20. Stromaluski

Oil Pan Cover / "Diaper"

How is the oil pan cover supposed to be secured to the engine? The PO of my car had it secured with the clip on the front, and then bailing wire at the back. Pretty sure that wasn't correct...