Search results

1. Stromaluski

Thermostat replacement covered under CPO extended TDI warranty?

My understanding is that VW won't cover it unless the check engine light is on for it. And it takes a lot for the check engine light to come on for the thermostat. More than 10 minutes to get to 160 degrees or something like that.
  2. Stromaluski

2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition… SOLD

I run the cup edition registry and can confirm that VW bought back and crushed 1,100+ cup editions. There are 31 red, manual cup editions that I don't have proof have been crushed. If you want one without a sunroof, you're down to a maximum of 5 left. If this is the spec you're looking for...
  3. Stromaluski

2014 CJAA Jetta Sedan TDI exhaust system for sale

If you aren't sure, put your VIN in here and it'll tell you if how long the extended warranty lasts. My understanding was that even with a salvage or rebuilt title, the extended warranty still applies. https://www.vwdiesellookup.com/
  4. Stromaluski

TDI Mechanic in Upstate South Carolina

Get in touch with @vwztips. He's probably converted more than a dozen B5.5 TDI Passats to manual.
  5. Stromaluski

2010 Jetta Tdi Cup Edition

That looks like a nice car in the pictures! At one point in the past, it had an odd front bumper on it. https://web.vinwiki.com/#/vin/3VWJL7AJ5AM160236
  6. Stromaluski

Completely understand. I had no idea what to expect when I started on this project last year, but it definitely wasn't that...
  7. Stromaluski

I actually was able to track down the VIN for all 1,501 cup editions that were produced. Unfortunately, a little over 1,100 of them were bought back by VW and crushed. There's a little under 370 cars that I cannot confirm have been crushed, either through the buybacks or from being wrecked. I've...
  8. Stromaluski

DPF/EGR delete worth it?

Is running super duper lean something one of the aftermarket tunes could accomplish or is it more complex than that?
  9. Stromaluski

2022 TDIfest Discussion Thread

The amount of work involved could be reduced significantly if it gets done in conjunction with an existing show. With approval to tag on from the show organizer, obviously.
  10. Stromaluski

DPF/EGR delete worth it?

Is it the tune or the delete that is giving the benefits? I still have all the emissions equipment on my car, but have a stage 2 Malone tune.
  11. Stromaluski

Interesting radio issue

They've been out of stock on this for a while now. I've been checking periodically hoping they'd get it back in stock. https://www.doubleapex.co/products/garage-control?variant=969634857
  12. Stromaluski

Jetta 2010 TDI tail lights out, brake light works. HELP!!!!

I can't provide much help on your issue, but can I ask you a bit about your Cup Edition? Color? Transmission? Body kit? Spoiler? I run a Cup Edition registry and am always trying to find more information on these cars.
  13. Stromaluski

TDI Mechanic in Upstate South Carolina

@vwztips lives up in Taylors not too far off of 290. I'm a little farther north, by Lake Robinson.
  14. Stromaluski

cleaning house, good stuff FS!

Good to know! Thanks! Sorry for hijacking your FS thread!
  15. Stromaluski

Oh really? I had no idea those fail with any sort of regularity. What are the normal symptoms of it?
  16. Stromaluski

I'm not interested in purchasing, but I'm curious why you have this? This seems like such an odd thing to have sitting around.
  17. Stromaluski

Who can provide 4motion parts for a mk5 2.0tdi jetta in the US?

This guy could probably get what you need for you. From what I've seen, he's a super busy guy, though, so don't be in a hurry. https://www.korwerksllc.com/
  18. Stromaluski

2007 Vw gti fahrenheit #33 diesel swapped

That's a supercool car! There's a guy on VINWiki working on a Fahrenheit registry, btw.
  19. Stromaluski

Also, for those of you that have or have had a cup edition... go add pictures of your car!
  20. Stromaluski

I've started adding cars to VINWiki, as well. The idea of VINWiki is perfect for a car registry, but their app kinda sucks. If you come across a cup edition anywhere, I'd appreciate if you could add it to VINWiki and tag me in a comment. My username is same there as it is here.