Search results

1. J

2013 VW Passat TDI 2.0 engine

Long story short, I took my Passat to the mechanic who did work on my VW's for close o 15 years and when he replaced my timing chain, he did not torque the bolts and it destroyed my engine. I am looking to find a refurbished engine in the New Brunswick area.
  2. J

17 inch rims that will fit a 2014 Beetle

I live in New Brunswick and I am looking for 17 inch alloys that will fit 2014 VW Beetle. I will travel to Nova Scotia to buy them.
  3. J

shocks and Struts 2013 Passsat TDI Highline

I just bought this Passat a couple months ago and I notice that although the shocks and struts still seem rigid, it seems to sway more than I am used to. It could be that it is a heavy car (heavier than my 2004 Jetta). What could I do to make this car better in the suspension and handling?
  4. J

Remote starter for 2013 Passat TDI 2.0 Highline

I recently purchased this Passat and on the Key Fob I noticed a button that would possibly remote start the car. Does this car come with the factory remote. Do you have to set it up through VAG COM?
  5. J

Clutch Problems

My 2004 Jetta TDI has 610,000 kms and the clutch is starting to feel weary. It sounds like the throw out bearing is making noise and it feels like it is jumping. I am wondering if it would be easier to find a transmission with low mileage at a scrap yard or get new internal parts? Is the throw...
  6. J

best place for an alignment in the Halifax Area

I have a 2004 Jetta TDI and just had new tires put on it and I also changed my strut mounts and bearings. Where would the best place be to take my Jetta?
  7. J

replacing Strut mounts on 2004 Jetta

The bearings on my strut mounts are worn, I had new struts put on Dec 2018 but the mechanic for some reason did not replace the mounts/bearings. Is there a way to replace the mounts without compressing the springs?
  8. J

used garrett turbo for 2004 bew

I posted this the Atlantic Canada region (where I live) and no replies- so I figured I would post it here too as I am looking to upgrade my existing turbo. "I have 461000 kms on my jetta and I just did the timing belt etc, today. My turbo get up and go has got up and went; I am looking for a...
  9. J

used garrett turbo for 2004 bew

I have 461000 kms on my jetta and I just did the timing belt etc, today. My turbo get up and go has got up and went; I am looking for a good used Garrett turbo complete. My wastegate actuator is leaking and if I change to the Garrett I will eliminate the actuator problem. Does anyone know where...
  10. J

O2 sensor for 2004 Jetta TDI

I had a diagnostic with the vagcom and the mechanic told me that the O2 sensor showed up in the fault code. Now there are dozens of companies making these and the prices range from $30-$300. Is this the right part number? Also there are parts listed as upstream and downstream, which is the...
  11. J

not many replies for my posts

I thought if I posted in the Atlantic Canada section of this forum I would have a better chance that someone would help me out with my posts. I have to change the front struts on my 2004 jetta and I would like to know what are the best of the economically priced ones and where in New...
  12. J

Looking for one Continental Contipro Contact tire

I am looking for a very good 195 65r 15 91h tire; does anyone have one for sale?
  13. J

changing front struts and rear back up light burnt out

I just had a lot of work done on my 2004 Jetta and with a bill of $800 I am tapped out! Labour was more than the parts. The tech found that my front strut was leaking on the passenger side and so he suggested that I change both in the near future. I can't afford to pay hundreds of dollars in...
  14. J

back up lights not working

my backup lights not working. Is it a bulb or is there something else to look for?
  15. J

Serpentine belt jumped off my 2004 jetta

Middle of December I had my timing belt replaced, water pump, new serpentine belt and tensioner. Why would my belt just jump off with no warning? I mean, I was driving and it then suddenly with no sound my battery light came on a I lost power steering. I will be taking it to a VW garage...
  16. J

clutch problems?

I was heading out to drop my jetta off at the guy who does the mechanics on it and I turned a corner and it was like a ran over something and my clutch suddenly wouldn't engage. If I out it in gear it was like a grinding noise... Great, now my bill will go from 800 to double...
  17. J

brakes don't seem to work

Brakes were fine yesterday but today we had a cold snap and my brakes are hardly working? Is there water in the lines? Is the brake fluid frozen?
  18. J

water pump leaking profusely

I have about 15000kms before I need to change my timing belt but my water pump is leaking like a seive. What am I to do? Should I put a new pump on now? Will I have to do it again when I change the timing belt? I am topping it up every couple of days.
  19. J

water pump is leaking on 2004 Jetta

I still have 20 kms before I need to change my timing belt but my water pump is leaking. Can I change the water pump now and not do it later?
  20. J

looking for a turbo for 2004 BEW

my acctuator valve is leaking and apparently you can not just change this part on a 2004, so does anyone in the Atlantic provinces have one? I will exchange mine if it can help defray costs.