Search results

1. 9

VAG-COM cable worth?

In FACT, they are selling for more because they are not VIN limited. I got $340 for my VCDS HEX-USB+CAN diagnostic tool simply for that reason.
  2. 9

VW Canada Settlement - $2.1 Billion

I would provided the manufacturer can keep systems simple. I didn't do my homework as I usually do and I was surprised at the complexity of my 2013 Jetta TDI. I've worked on everything from chainsaws to aircraft, so I know my way around a bit. A new 2017 Acura RDX Elite. My first V6 and my...
  3. 9

Thank you Volkswagen; its been an enjoyable nearly four-year relationship. My first VW and my first diesel. The process other than the online/internet glitches was seamless. The administrator said that my car was the lowest mileage 2013 Jetta TDI he had seen and also the cleanest, as in...
  4. 9

What are these "phases" that you are talking about? I have an "appointment" scheduled with Rice Point Administration at my local dealer for an inspection of my TDI. I am assuming that is the day I am dropping off my vehicle and getting my cheque. I do not see the point of an inspection if that...
  5. 9

The age of engine downsizing is over, says Volkswagen

I'm debt-free. Besides, I hate banks and the group that controls them and enslaves people. Also retired and loving it on nickels and dimes.
  6. 9

I love the last comment. LOL I am too poor to make car payments to end up paying a few extra grand in interest. I have to pay cash for my cars. I worked with an idiot who had nothing but ongoing car payments, from one car to the next. So I told him, once your car is paid for, open up a spare...
  7. 9

FS: 2013 Jetta/GLI Sedan Accessories - Ottawa Area

For Sale - Local Sale Only - Will Not Ship VW Brand Cargo Liner (black) for a 2013 Jetta Sedan and other years of that series. VW part number: 5C6-061-161 100% new (no scuffs, scratches, etc). CA$122.86 plus tax at the dealer. CA$75 For a 2013 VW Jetta Sedan Diesel and possibly other VW...
  8. 9

More Claims Portal Incompetence Lord, these people at the Claims Portal really are incompetent. So incompetent, they could slide right into positions in the Federal Government. Last week I get an e-mail stating "Proof of Purchase - VIN does not match". There was no VIN on my Offer To Purchase...
  9. 9

We'll see. I look at long term ownership costs and by that I mean at least 10 years or almost 15 as in the car before my TDI. Other than a timing belt and water pump replacement, I frown on any engine or transmission that has to be opened up in the life of the car. A turbo is just another...
  10. 9

That and the CVT transmission is exactly why I did not even consider one. How long will an over stressed engine last in a car that size? These damn turbos everyone is going to. Time to buy stock in turbo charger manufacturers. My 1st gen CR-V had a 2.0 liter. Terrible gas mileage for a small...
  11. 9

Not that I need it now, but the dealer gave me a copy of my sales contract from back in October 2013. I even saw the original with my signature in blue ink. They forgot to give me the final invoice; all I had was the offer to purchase. Got it in 15 minutes. The dealer is great; sales and...
  12. 9

I signed on the Saturday the 29th. It appears that you cannot Log In once your forms are submitted. Each time thereafter that I needed to Log In, the administrator unlocked my account and put it back a step or two so that I can resubmit forms. They have all of mine in hi-resolution and they...
  13. 9

I am on the phone with these INCOMPETENT IDIOTS at this very moment. If it gets any worse, I will just drive my effing VW right through the front door of VW Canada. I got better things to do than be on hold for hours!!!!!!!!!!
  14. 9

VW- What a screw-up Asked to go to the Claims Portal... What else is new? :rolleyes: Laughable, but I sure am enjoying my new 2017 Acura RDX Elite.
  15. 9

Maybe, maybe not. But it is why I snapped up a new 2017 Acura RDX Elite with the 3.5L normally aspirated V6 before Acura brings back the 4 cylinder turbo in their third generation. Their first generation had a 4 cylinder turbo as well. Not worried about the consumption since I only put 12K kms...
  16. 9

Talking abput ****ing incompetent All I know is that the VIN on the registration / ownership which is "the legal document" of ownership matches the VIN plate on the vehicle. What the the puck "does not match". Talk about stalling tactics!!!!!!! As the original owner of this VW from day one...
  17. 9

They do not last. Not an issue if they were cheap, but they are not.
  18. 9

That actually was my initial choice since I miss the utility aspect of my old Honda CR-V that I owned from new for almost 15 years. But unless it is a diesel, I really do not want a turbo in any of my cars. Besides, I have a mere 41K kms on my Jetta TDI after 3.5 years and fuel mileage isn't...
  19. 9

I already have decided, a new Acura RDX. Poorly implemented / executed. They must have hired the same people who came up with the government's Phoenix pay system, in other words a bunch of incompetent managers, but then aren't they all usually.
  20. 9

Not a concern. I have a slew of them stashed away. ;)