Search results

1. b1jackson

Mk7 Common issues and resolutions

1000km away from warranty expire and my sunroof started leaking.
  2. b1jackson

Mk7 with the lighting package, what exactly is it?

Yes. Footwell ambient lighting on the interior and beautiful interior LEDs. Now I am spoiled. I love mine.
  3. b1jackson

Little wrench symbol and XX days till service? ***?

Holy **%$#...if that's what its about forget it. My blood pressure can't handle a trip to the dealer no matter how good their waiting room coffee is. I'll YouTube the solution and ignore ignore ignore. Perhaps I filled my DEF slightly premature then as from what I searched, it wasn't that...
  4. b1jackson

Yes, I did find reference to it but I'm wondering what exactly this service interval is? Oil change is one thing but what is connected to this other "service" timeline and countdown?
  5. b1jackson

That doesn't make sense. The oil change interval last time was a KMs to service or XX days countdown. This went straight to 30 days with the wrench symbol and now it's at 26 days.
  6. b1jackson

I am approaching 22,000 kms on my 2015 TDi and assumed this was an early warning for DEF so I bought some and filled it up. But the warning still appears. Does the DEF warning auto reset? This looks different than the oil change warning.
  7. b1jackson

Why totally fill the DEF?

22,500 kms and still no light. 95% highway driving.
  8. b1jackson

Fuel gauge issues - not reading full

Well an update. It seemed to fix itself...for now. On the commute back to work this AM it ever so slowly creeped its way back to read full. That took nearly a full 45 min of highway driving. When I got in it this AM, the gauge was right where it showed last night (right about the 1/2 mark).
  9. b1jackson

Yes. For sure it wasn't running.
  10. b1jackson

Gauge was just above the red zone on the way home so decided to fuel up. Filled it till it clicked then squeezed abit more in until it foamed. Reset my trip and cruised on down the road and after about 5 min, looked down at my gauge and the friggin thing hadn't moved to full. It was exactly...
  11. b1jackson

Fellow Canadians - Where do you purchase 507 spec oil online

Yep. Taylor's for sure. Should have known. Always great to deal with. Dealer won't get so much as a wheelbarrow from me to service.:p
  12. b1jackson

Great to have a Tdi again

I normally would have considered the lighting package in mine an over-priced add on. But I drove in my first snow squall the other day on sketchy roads in the dark and man.....those bi-xenon are awesome. The interior lights do give it an upscale look too. I took the only "new" 2015 available...
  13. b1jackson

By the way, this was the stuff (and only stuff) they said they used on diesels. Requesting 507 spec just drew a blank face at the parts counter. Even when I carried in my owners manual. They had 1 liter bottles with a red top but the same label and specs. So unless I am incorrect (please...
  14. b1jackson

Update...my local independent garage has it in bulk 45 gallon drum. Correct 507 spec stuff. Guess I know where I'm going. Should have tried there in the first place. They've been great to me in the past and will get my service again. It doesn't have the fancy leather couches of the dealer...
  15. b1jackson

You wouldn't think I'd have to either take a ferry to another VW dealer on the mainland or drive 4 hours and cross the Confederation Bridge to buy oil from another VW dealer but it may come to that! :p:p Hey...Truro is a nice place!
  16. b1jackson

https://roselandtech.ca/ Here is one. $111 shipped for oil and filter. Forgot about Brian.
  17. b1jackson

After a hateful trip to my local dealer thinking they'd actually sell the oil required by the operator's manual for my 2015 TDI.....(nope.....505 spec is what they put in ALL the TDIs!), I am looking where fellow Canadians order oil change kits online and don't get dinged with exchange...
  18. b1jackson

What to Know About Mk7 Golf

Filter is on the bottom of the engine hidden behind some harness of sorts. No simple top end changes like MK6 engines
  19. b1jackson

Neat features you wouldn't have noticed...

Is it just some kind of safety check or something like that as its accompanied by a quick flash on of an indicator light in the dash. Don't know:confused: