Search results

1. C

Teach me TDI Touareg please

My 2015 is matched to about that same size load, 4500 lbs. Has pretty good performance unhitched, but it is a 5000+ lb vehicle, and feels like it. Does not drive like a truck though, having driven them exclusively for lots of work related towing. The other recommendations in thread are good...
  2. C

Best place to get a battery blanket?

I would certainly pay close attention to my wiring and cable lug connections. A good starting battery -- properly cared for as mentioned above -- is a blessing in the cold. If I lived in Alberta, I think I'd consider a block heater. I plugged in every working truck and tractor on the farm...
  3. C

Slight Vibration When Pushing Clutch??

The dual mass flywheel can distort over time. I suspect it can range from minor ticks to something much more substantial. Not necessarily the clutch. When my BRM started this I sent it to the dealer at the time, and told them that the flywheel was warped and needed replacing. They replaced the...
  4. C

Tire ?

He's saying wheels, so perhaps a second set of 15" wheels... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. C

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

Ethanol sticker is on the diesel side of the pump
  6. C

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

Maybe this has been covered before, but I've noticed this several times now. Details.....
  7. C

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Wow. Canceled 2016 TDI lineup. That's dramatic. I'm brimming with confidence for a quick, easy fix. There goes the option to move to a 2016... I'm getting more irritated with VW. I don't care about a greedy multinational at all. I believe in integrity in business, and the accounts of other...
  8. C

Disgruntled Passat owner

I actually was using my Passat to bring down my C footprint. ;) Planning to get an older aircraft at some point, and pick up flight training where I left off. Not a jet tho...... Although I'd love a Bonanza ! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  9. C

2015 Passat TDI : Splash Guard/Mudflaps

Funny, I just installed the eBay chinese ones on my 2014. Just now. At dusk, in the rain. Ok, I was in carport but it was wet :) Took 10 min and they look pretty good! Pretty subtle look, and hopefully some function. Wondered as I installed what the OEM ones were like. It's as simple as it...
  10. C

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Dreaming up what those m'frs are gonna do for us is actually pretty satisfying at this point. I like tvmasta's plan. And in the end, when it's all said and done, I like the sound of 180 hp! Well see how this shapes up as a long term platform for tunes, mods, or epa compliance for that matter...
  11. C

More growing pains for this technology. I think we'll all be eager to learn more as time goes on, lots of speculation and fear for performance. I will be surprised if they both circumvented regs, AND failed to have a remedy in the event they were forced to conform. I laid a lot on the line...
  12. C

2006 Jetta Timing Belt

My guy in NC charges far less than the dealer for BRM timing belt. And he can do them with his eyes closed. Having someone that really really knows your car is priceless. My guy found the cam was slightly off, after a replacement by dealer. He also found the little heater hose that was being...
  13. C

Tell me why or why not I should buy.

There are cheaper cars to own. I own two, and before that, I owned Hondas for our sedan. You can learn the salient issues for that year model and keep up with the maintenance and likely avoid any mishaps. I'm also a diesel mechanic, well, I operate a large farm with a bunch of tractors and...
  14. C

When will we see the 2016 Passat?

Not particularly useful in bright light. I also use conventional means for backup, and use the camera for parallel parking and backing into spots, which I do most times. It is useful, but has some real limitations. I was in my friends Dodge 3500 out in central Oregon on his ranch last week...
  15. C

Sell or keep my 06 Jetta TDI?

If you like the car, do the cam and lifters and keep going. My wife drives ours now, and she likes it. I secretly want to tune it and drive it like I stole it, it handles far better than my 14 Passat. It also has a nicer interior I'm also on second timing belt, clutch and fly, etc Sent from...
  16. C

RNS-510 w/ code and GPS antenna

Are these hot-swappable with the RCD-510 like the one in my 2014 Passat? Accommodates rear camera? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  17. C

Horn Beep on Locking

'ATA confirm' is how it's listed in our North American MFI, hillbilly. It took me some time to figure that out on my 2006 Jetta. I wish there was an option to beep on second press. Often once is enough and lights or locks sounding is sufficient, but hitting it again right after first press...
  18. C

occasional heavy white smoke

Ya man take that thing to the dealer and don't mess w it. They might take care of it, and if you can get a new turbo out of it then do it. So, you were burning oil? Good luck w warranty Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  19. C

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

$2.64 Western North Carolina, near Charlotte that day... 6/30 Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk