Search results

1. C

Auto tranny oil change

I have a 2001 tdi jetta automatic that I just replace the tranny oil and filter and also added some anti-shudder stuff. Unfortunately I did not measure how much I removed and so I need to make sure the correct amount is in there. I added 4 brand new liters. I drove it around and then put it in...
  2. C

injection pump head seal

Thanks Bob!
  3. C

injection pump head seal

i believe this is an issue with the IQ adjustment. Still need to get access to vcds...
  4. C

need access to vagcom in dc area

alternatively, anyone know if this :http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X5GM4VY/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687542&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B007VYBRFA&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=01M5QZFGYQ5P8CWK7JWT will work for setting the timing?
  5. C

need access to vagcom in dc area

I need to set my timing after replacing the pump seals. Anyone in the DC area(I am in Rockville) willing to help me out with a vagcom??
  6. C

injection pump head seal

i replaced the head plug as detailed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...ht=center+plug Now i have eliminated the leak. the car started sounded great for about 3 minutes then the engine started sounding really rough and was vibrating quite violently. I am hoping it is an issue with the...
  7. C

injection pump head seal

ok ive done some research on the forums. Thanks for the photos Andy Bees! I will first check the plug for leaks. If it is still the head seal I may pull off the head completely now that I've seen how Andy does it.
  8. C

injection pump head seal

andy bees: looks like you completely removed yours. I am attempting to do it without complete removal of the head. Mine didn't appear to have any residue. I am using the black viton seals that are supposed to stretch ok.
  9. C

injection pump head seal

I have replaced it twice without success. First time i squished it somehow even though i thought i was very careful. Second time i was even more careful. Thought i had it when i got the car running again but then I saw the drip drip right under the 13mm bracket bolt. I guess i will order...
  10. C

Replace the condenser or not?

when I turn the a/c on it sounds like the something is about to explode. Loud gravelly grinding noise....I am pretty sure the compressor is shot. I used one of those diy kits to add r134 to the system because I wan't getting consistent cold air( I think this was a bad idea). Then I was...
  11. C

Replace the condenser or not?

So I am replacing a bad a/c compressor and also the drier, expansion valve, and o-rings on my 2000 Jetta TDI. The kit from discount ac should be here any day. A guy at a local garage said if there are metal shards in the system I will not be able to flush the condenser fully and will have...
  12. C

A/C question

So I am replacing a bad a/c compressor and also the drier, expansion valve, and o-rings on my 2000 Jetta TDI. The kit from discount ac should be here any day. A guy at a local garage said if there are metal shards in the system I will not be able to flush the condensor fully and will have to...
  13. C

no first or reverse 2000jetta tdi

thanks for the hints. i found what i needed at tdiparts. It is called the shift carrier, part # 1J0711256. Apparently this is common thing that breaks on my model. It is all plastic and gets brittle with time. I ended up getting it from the dealer for about $50 cause i needed it...
  14. C

you were right. The plastic piece that attaches to the relay lever is broken. I could not figure out how to remove the relay lever that the plastic piece is apparently an integral part of. I removed the adjustment nut but that did not help. I am hoping i do not have to remove a lot of other...
  15. C

When I move the stick into first or reverse the transmision seems to be in third instead. Can anyone point to info on how to fix this? I am thinking it something wrong with the shifter?
  16. C

leaky injector = engine damage?!?

i guess i was having some brainlock issues... Took the serp belt off and the tensioner pulley is totally shot. I'm not sure why i thought that one didn't need to rotate when i was checking all the pulleys before... Big sigh of relief... The guy who charged my battery had me all worried about...
  17. C

leaky injector = engine damage?!?

So here is the situation: I have a 99.5 TDI jetta w/ 190,000 miles. In the past year I replaced the timing belt(100,000mile version) and all the associated bearings and water pump. It also has a new starter and fully charged battery. My girlfriend took the car on a trip and in the last 40...
  18. C

alternator pulley where to buy?

TDIparts is out of them right now. Anyone know where I can pick one up for a reasonable price?? thanks
  19. C

serpentine belt broke!

I checked out the alternaotr pulley using a screwdriver to hold the fins in place. In one direction it would turn but there was a bit of resistance so I am assuming this means it needs replacing. Thanks for the help!
  20. C

serpentine belt broke!

I have a 2000 tdi jetta and the serpentine belt broke. The idler pulley just below the alternator pulley appears to be made out of plastic and although the bearing seems fine the outer plastic portion that the belt was restings on is totally destroyed. I am hoping this is the cause of the belt...