Search results

1. M

Castrol edge

was needing a oil change and looked all over town and couldn't find a 507 oil just 505. I get more confused when I read threads about oil. Will this Castrol edge euro car 5-30 work for my 2013 jetta tdi?
  2. M

Looking at a 2012 jetta sportwagon tdi

So what to look for looking at a 2012 jetta sportwagon tdi with 100,000 miles Do they use Def fluid? Is there a common problem at this millage that would need to be fixed like timing belt or anything. Been away from the vw tdis for a while
  3. M

Thinking of selling my wifes 12 sel

My wife has a 2012 passat TDI sel Black on Black 22,000 miles and she does not drive it much anymore. She has a job at the post office and last winter I got her a f150 as it stormed or the wind blew every week and she needed a pickup with 4 wheel drive. She likes driving the pickup better now...
  4. M

Fuel door sticky can't open

Can't get the fuel door to open! Wife has had trouble getting it shut so I shut it for her now it is stuck inward and will not pop open. I didn't like the idea of the way it worked when we first bought it and thought it was going to be trouble.
  5. M

Interrupting a Regeneration

If you interrupt the regeneration on new passat tdi the next time you start it will it start the regeneration again? If it did short trips could be a real disaster for these engines
  6. M

VW passat Mud Flaps

VW still does not offer the molded Mud Flaps for the passat? I remember some talk about flaps from Ebay are they working out?
  7. M

Tow hooks or loops

Is there any way to hook to the 2012 passat if it gets stuck? My old jetta had a tow loop in the back. We had to haul our 12 passat TDI to the dealer for a turbo and when loading on the rolloff truck I was looking underneth and did not see anyplace that would be easy and safe to hook to. The...
  8. M

Wife says 12 passat gelling?

Wife says 12 passat gelling not! blown turbo now! Wife called on the way home losing power thinks the 12 passat TDI is gelling I highly dought it as it is not that cold only 15 degrees. She also said there is a light on the dash that looks like a lasso does anyone know what that light means? I...
  9. M

2004 Passat TDI for Sale

MY wife got a new 2012 passat TDI So we have for sale our 2004 Passat TDI Purchased it new so are the original owners Have always used synthetic oil and changed before the interval was due. Had the timing belt and water pump done at 100,000 now has 173,000. Have not done anything with the...
  10. M

Just got a 12 TDI SEL Home! WOW!

Just got a 12 TDI SEL Black on Black Home! WOW! This is really a nice car but the not having a ignition key slot to start the car is a little weird but will get use to it. Reset the avg MPG and was impressed the first 200 miles on the interstate at 70 we got 46. Them went on a 2 lane and reset...
  11. M

2004 Passat TDI value?

Ordered a new passat 2012 tdi a while back for my wife and wondered what her 2004 silver tdi passat would be worth has all the options and very good shape but has 175,000. I have a feeling the dealer would not give us much for it.
  12. M

Put my name on one

I have not paid much attention to the TDIs after we bought our 2004 Passat TDI still have an 2000 Jetta TDI too but my wife said the other day they started making the Passat TDIs again and wanted one. So just for the heck of it I called emailed the salesman we bought the 04 from to see what he...
  13. M

Air Cond compressor fuse or switch?

Is there a fuse for the air conditioner compressor? It is a 2000 tdi Jetta and I do not have the manual to see what fuse it would be. The compressor doesn't kick in and I had the gauges on it and they both are reading about 70 pounds. Or am I missing some low or high pressure switch problem?
  14. M

Rear Struts where to buy what kind

Rear tires are wearing funny with flat spots on them mech says we need rear struts where to buy what kind to get is my question. seen some at world impex for $55 would they be ok they say the are a genuine part
  15. M

IS CV Shaft same as a gas Passat?

IS CV Shaft same as a gas Passat? I checked at the parts store they don't list them for a 2004 diesel Passat but they do list them for the 2004 passat with a gas engine. The reason I ask the parts shop said they were under 100 for a rebuilt shaft and the vw dealer said they were 550 if they...
  16. M

Dealer wants my 04 passat tdi

VW Dealer wants my 04 passat tdi what should he give me for it ? 130,000 miles and very good shape. I think he just wants to sell me a new car but said he had many buyers for the 04 tdi passat.
  17. M

What Gear oil to use in the trans 2000 jetta

What Gear oil to use in the trans 2000 jetta tdi? Thinking I should change at 200,000
  18. M

Clutch and rear main seal replacement

What is the best way to replace Clutch and rear main seal on a 2000 jetta tdi? Do you pull the engine?
  19. M

Cost for dealer to replace timing belt

I just hit 100,000 miles on our 2004 passat tdi and better get it in for a timing belt. What can I expect for a repair bill? Is it a good idea to do the water pump at the same time? Haven't had this car into the dealer exept for some warrentee work a along time ago. Its been a good trouble free...
  20. M

Yellow warning light

What does the Yellow warning light that is in a shape of an engine with a lighting bolt though it mean? The car is a 2000 jetta tdi that has been running fine but my wife started driving it and told me about the light. The only thing that she might do different is she doesn't always wait to...