Search results

1. M

Which US spec TDI with a few mods achieves the greatest MPG typically?

Had a 99 jetta tdi 5 speed we could get 50 fairly easily
  2. M

2012 jetta tdi sportwagen mpg

I have 2013 jetta sport wagon tdi and I get 35 to 38 my old 1999 jetta tdi 5 speed used to get 50 on same trips
  3. M

Castrol edge

Well I went to the Castrol site and it did say the edge euro 5-30 is 507 didn't say it on the bottle but does on the web spec sheets Product Performance Claims ACEA C3 API SP BMW Longlife-04 MB-Approval 229.31/ 229.51/ 229.52 Porsche C30 Renault RN 0700 / RN 0710 VW 504 00/ 507 00
  4. M

Castrol edge

So I take it Castrol edge 5/30 is not on the approved list
  5. M

Castrol edge

was needing a oil change and looked all over town and couldn't find a 507 oil just 505. I get more confused when I read threads about oil. Will this Castrol edge euro car 5-30 work for my 2013 jetta tdi?
  6. M

Looking at a 2012 jetta sportwagon tdi

Ya I farm and have several pickups and trucks to drive. Thought it would be nice to have a tdi again to run back and forth from out lake cabin to farm and save on my pickups miles. I have had several tdis a 1999 jeta tdi 2001 tdi a 2005 passat tdi and a 2012 passat tdi. I kind of miss having a tdi.
  7. M

So would you steer clear of this model sounds preety bad
  8. M

So what to look for looking at a 2012 jetta sportwagon tdi with 100,000 miles Do they use Def fluid? Is there a common problem at this millage that would need to be fixed like timing belt or anything. Been away from the vw tdis for a while
  9. M

Thinking of selling my wifes 12 sel

Thank you I should have looked on KBB first but forgot and thought the TDI's would not have a accurate price on KBB but that is what they say it is worth also Thanks again might just keep it for that
  10. M

Thinking of selling my wifes 12 sel

My wife has a 2012 passat TDI sel Black on Black 22,000 miles and she does not drive it much anymore. She has a job at the post office and last winter I got her a f150 as it stormed or the wind blew every week and she needed a pickup with 4 wheel drive. She likes driving the pickup better now...
  11. M

Fuel door sticky can't open

Can't get the fuel door to open! Wife has had trouble getting it shut so I shut it for her now it is stuck inward and will not pop open. I didn't like the idea of the way it worked when we first bought it and thought it was going to be trouble.
  12. M

splitting hairs- state your minor dislikes about the passat.

Like about everything except worried about owning it past the 60,000 warranty. Had the turbo go out at 9,000 miles and would not want to pay for one after warranty expires.
  13. M

TURBO: 2012-2014 Passat turbo failures [discussion thread]

yes door post says 6-2012 Yes you are right I was looking at the ship date the I didn't see a day just month and year on the door post
  14. M

I have had Vw diesels since an old quantum turbo diesel in the 80's then 2 TDI Jettas an 04 passat tdi and now the 12 passat tdi. The older VW diesels were trouble free for me to 250,000 miles. We did have the turbo fail just before 10,000 miles on the 2012 and after all the reports of turbos...
  15. M

Moving from '05 Passat to '13 - a few questions

Hard to to when I only have a start button! Still getting use to not needing a key in the ignition
  16. M

With that much damage to the turbo wouldn't the broken pieces of the turbo inhaled by the engine cause catastrophic damage to the engine
  17. M

Interrupting a Regeneration

If you interrupt the regeneration on new passat tdi the next time you start it will it start the regeneration again? If it did short trips could be a real disaster for these engines
  18. M

TURBO: Please report NMS turbo failures here. [not a discussion thread!]

Miles on car at failure: 9,900 Build date:7/11/12 Corrective actions from dealership:Replaced Turbo Outside air temps at failure:15F Failure warning signs, if any:Glow plug light flashing no power Warning lights on dash/MFI:Glow plug light flashing Problems since replacement:No haven't driven it...
  19. M

Oh no not another turbo keep us updated! Mine went out at a little over 9000 miles still waiting for the paperwork on what they did. I wonder if they have any turbos in the us