Search results

1. J

1st 1000km tank

I was happy to see my first 1000km tank, too!
  2. J

ALH Down pipe flex is repaired

I did the same on my wife's 01 1.8T NB. The flex is ridiculously short on that car and it just rips itself in half.
  3. J

Front wheel bearings project!!!

It would probably work, but it is so easy to remove the spindle and use the two hammer method...
  4. J

How Do I Fix This Stupid Bumper Trim?

A few quick holes, a few black zip ties. It won't move, and you won't notice the zip ties once you're done.
  5. J

My rear bushing experience

Yes, you must load the suspension before final torque. You're supposed to replace the nut and bolt, too!
  6. J

Tire size beetle

They are slightly shorter. That means speedo reads high, engine revs slightly faster. Actual miles traveled will be less than odo display (mileage calculations inaccurate without correction). You can figure out the exact percentages of height and revs by using one of the tire calculators...
  7. J

My rear bushing experience

Did mine with the beam on the car. No need to remove. I popped the old bushing out easily, then carefully torched out the metal outer sleeve. Sawzall would work well, too. Pressed in the new updated OEM bushing using my homemade tool which is cheap and easy. You start to pull with the big...
  8. J

Need help or opinions on Jetta TDI purchase with torn timing belt

Does that price include a new engine? lol
  9. J

Emergency....need an ALH head

Good luck, buddy! We know you'll pull it off.
  10. J

WTB undersized crankshaft bearings alh

Grinding a crank means oversized bearings, not undersized. Undersized bearings mean that your crank has gotten bigger...
  11. J

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

Had a funny one a couple weeks ago... Pulled into the local Shell to get some gas for my lawn tractor. Driving the TDI. Stopped at the 91 pump (no ethanol), and got out, swiped the card, and was entering my PIN when the old guy full service attendant comes sprinting (ok, barely hurrying)...
  12. J

B100 in Ottawa area

Somewhere between Kanata and Victoria BC... lol
  13. J

Changing Timing Belt question

Windex, that is totally uncalled for. At no point did I take any tone with you, or disparage your advice. However since you want me to unbunch my panties, I will say that telling someone to drill the heads off of bolt that someone is having difficulty removing is a bad option without actually...
  14. J

B100 in Ottawa area

West of Ottawa is a big space, you might want to be more specific if you want to get his name out there...
  15. J

He never said that he stripped the heads. He shouldn't need the Irwin tool, nor should he drill the heads off. He just needs to put more force on it. Erich, what exactly are you using for a tool right now?
  16. J

"Impact driver": you mean an air impact gun? If not, that will work (if you have a good compressor). If you have to use hand tools, you need a longer arm. Get a good long breaker bar.
  17. J

Engine cover insulation / Quiet crap replacement?

Or, save lots of money, get the same type as audio stuff at Home Depot by buying Grace Ice and Water Shield.
  18. J

FS: Mk4 Wolfsburg Seats

I just picked up a full set of these, and, wow, are they ever nice! Soooo much better than stock seats. Good luck with the sale.
  19. J

Will 2003 seats swap directly into my 2000 Jetta?

If you have access to an android phone, you can do it with a $15 bluetooth adapter and the Torque app.