Search results

1. V

Car requires 505.01 and dealer used 505.00, does it matter?

Today I asked for some 5w40 for my BRM, which calls for 505.01. They sent me off with Castrol Edge Professional but when I got home and looked it up I found out they don't make it in 505.01 for 5w40. They either put in 5w30 of the correct spec or 5w40 of the incorrect spec. Someone in service is...
  2. V

Looking for information about Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit

Does anyone have experience or knowledge about these? It's time for some shocks, so I thought I would treat myself to springs as well. I was planning to go with Koni FSD or Bilstein HD with lowering springs. The Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit fits the bill but the shock is not listed as HD or Sport. Any...
  3. V

What goes in the indented portion inside the trunk (under sill)?

It's hard to describe. Open your trunk (sedan). Just below the sill, effectively under the latching area, I have a rectangular space for something. Any idea what is supposed to be in there?
  4. V

Confirm some clutch symptoms for me?

Hi All, I just bought a 2006 PD from a family member. I know the clutch engagement has always been rough and at 115K it is still rough but no worse off than 4 or more years ago. I hope it hasn't taken a toll after this time... The smoothness of the engine at idle is good as are all the shifts...
  5. V

FS: Nokian Hakkapeliitta 2 195/65 on 15" Steel Wheels

SOLD 15" steel wheels, tire size 195/65, used one maybe 2 seasons, lots of tread left. There are 6 covers included, maybe 8 if I can find the others. The tires are free of any puncture or abnormal wear. You may be able to use these on another vehicle but you need to know your bolt spacing and...
  6. V

1999.5 Jetta GLS TDI (137K) - NH

SOLD 1999 VW "New Jetta" GLS TDI 1.9L ALH 5-speed 137K Green with beige cloth interior Salvage title (repairs required replacing passenger side doors and body panels, photos provided) NH Inspection Great mileage! http://www.fuelly.com/driver/veryhumid/jetta (capable of over 50 mpg) Upgrades...
  7. V

FS: A4 Chassis Strut Bearings

Hi All, I ordered some new strut mounts from IDParts a couple months ago and didn't need the strut bearings that came with them. I am not sure what they are worth, please make me an offer for the parts plus shipping from Portland, Oregon. You can see what they look like in the photo at this...
  8. V

On my way to 800, what is max fuel capacity?

I have read a number of people saying they fit 16-17 gallons in a A4 Jetta tank. Is this correct? I have been able to fill up near 700 miles, but that is after the light has come on. It will take 14-14.5 about that time. I usually fill up until I can see the fuel (maybe it is mostly foam?) and...
  9. V

Post your fuel fill-up data at Fuelly.com

Have you guys been to www.fuelly.com? I recently joined to track my mileage and I was surprised to see only a few TDI. Try it out! http://www.fuelly.com/car/volkswagen TDI Club represent!
  10. V

FS: (4) Avus 15" wheels, (4) steelies w/covers

FS: (4) Avus 15" wheels, (4) 15" steelies w/covers Avus are sold The steelies are fine, just dirty. Covers are dirty, but not horribly scratched like it looks in the photo. Free if you pick them up. It's not worth the hassle for me to ship them. Perfect for winter. They fit any number of VW...
  11. V

VF Engineering Dogbone/Pendulum Mount - First Impressions

Ittttttitittttttttttt shhhhhhakkkkkkkkeeesssszzzzz my car. The stock one is definitely a flimsy thing that keeps things from shaking, but I thought it might be contributing to some harsh starts my car has always had (timing good, etc...). Plus it doesn't hurt to have better shifts, right? They...
  12. V

Car shudders like crazy after new motor mount. Please advise!

My cold starts have always been a bit harsh, timing is okay, etc. I thought a dogbone/pendulum motor mount would help some of this. I bought a VF Engineering part. Installation was fine, and I could tell the stock one was either shot or just wimpy to start with. However when I first started my...
  13. V

Am I missing a bolt to hold my turbo on (picture)

I took this while I was installing my skid plate. I am going back under next week for an oil change and to install a dog bone mount. What exactly is going on here? Is this where the exhaust manifold needs to be attached or is this where the turbo is attached? Do I need to fix this?
  14. V

What is this tool called and where can I find one?

I'm looking for a tool to make all my hose clamping and un-clamping easier. I'm referring to the clamps found on many of the water hoses and all the boost hoses. The tool let's you squeeze the clamp open remotely, so that you can still unclamp things in areas too tight for a tool with a handle...
  15. V

I broke my orange dipstick guide, how do I install a new one?

Today I have been installing a race pipe and egr delete and I'm also cleaning my manifold. I cracked the orange dipstick tube. Does anyone have experience replacing these? How do you remove them? Am I right to install you just press it on until it clicks? Also, is it safe to drive for a day if...
  16. V

FS: OEM Radio/Cassette from a 2000 Jetta

SOLD Sorry for not updating sooner... It is non-Monsoon. I have the PIN from the dealer for unlocking this when it is reinstalled. I'm not sure how much this is worth. Please contact me with an offer. I have 100% positive Heatware feedback. My Paypal is veryhumid@yahoo.com The part number on...
  17. V

FS: Jetta IV (A4) Headlights

SOLD! Thanks! These Hella lights are from my 2000 Jetta and work fine. All bulbs work. They are North American lights without fog lights. They are pretty hazy, but I feel with sanding they could get better. Please see pictures below. $40 + Shipping I have 100% positive Heatware. I accept...
  18. V

Running B20 recently, do I need to change my filter?

Hello, Sorry for the noob question but I did not have luck with searches. I know bio starts to loosen things up in your tank. Does this go for b20 as well? Thanks!
  19. V

Blinkers on In Pro e-codes not working at all :(

I just installed blackout in.pro. e-codes and my turn signals and hazard switch do not work. Do I have to use a european headlight switch for these to work? I popped the caps on the back of the in.pro units. They have two wires connected to the blinker light. On my old stock Hella units there...
  20. V

Question for people with Neuspeed Upper Tie Bar (4th Gen. Golf/Jetta)

I just put it in and it went pretty well. All the holes lined up and seems to drive okay. My question is about the "Nutsert." One of them wasn't quite flush with the metal of the strut tower and as a result there is maybe 1mm or 2 off the surface of the strut tower when the bar is mounted...