Search results

1. T

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

I picked up a 2014 Ford Fusion SE with the 2.5, 26500mi a few weeks ago to replace the Passat SE. Interior room feels about the same, a little less in backseat but very close. After about 5 tanks, the mileage is about 30mpg in roughly 70% highway and 39mpg on 100% highway driving (I think I...
  2. T

FS-VCDS Hex+Can USB Cable-MD-$125

link to pic of cable http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/6768/medium/20170403_092101.jpg
  3. vcds cable

vcds cable

4. 20170403_092101

20170403_092101

5. T

How long after buyback closing is a bank loan paid off?

Thankfully we fall into the non-drama category with the buyback on 3/9, EFT done on 3/14 and loan payoff to a credit union on 3/17. I was surprised the loan payoff happened as quick as it did. Glad we got the buyback done because the loan would have been paid off the next month and then the...
  6. T

Buyback Rules Changed?

Agree with going to a different dealer with a less discriminating buybacker. VW buyback at the corporate level $h!t$ the bed over a simple title transfer when a loan has been paid off while they delay processing paperwork ....so there is no way i will believe they can track if somebody is...
  7. T

I cannot believe how simple things become impossible for VW to settle claims

Like most product based boards, the fanboy brigade is petulantly persistent here. If the internet had been around when the Pinto gas tanks were exploding that fanboy brigade would have found fault with those criticizing that design. This brigade is probably thankful VW is screwing things up...
  8. T

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

Shopped around and picked up a 2014 Fusion SE w/ 26.5k miles on it. Compared to the Passat, only 60% of the mpg's, room inside is about the same, smaller trunk, less get up and go. But the price was decent with cash left over after buyback and I hope to get another 125k miles out of it the...
  9. T

Buyback - Radio and Wheels

Couldn't get a pic of the sheet i saw yesterday as i turned in our passat to load into this post. In addition to the must start and run under its own power statement, it says: 4 street legal wheels and tires (only 1 donut tire is acceptable) Have its radio and related equipment Must not be...
  10. T

Turn-In Condition Thread!

Turned ours in yesterday with no issues at Garnet VW. They have a handout showing what is not acceptable for turning in a car. Only one donut is allowed, must have a radio unit some other generic statements about not being stripped or purposely vandalized.
  11. T

How to do your buyback calculations (& post them here!)

Thought I'd give an update to the above comment.... The reminder email came yesterday for our buyback appt next week and the $ amount is now correct for a March '17 buyback versus the earlier $450 lite Nov '16 buyback calculation.
  12. T

License plates

State dependent issue. Where we are the plates come off the turned in car to be used on the replacement vehicle or sent back to the state if they are not going to be used.
  13. T

IF ~~ WHEN you get a 1099 ~~ report it HERE

I've got about a dozen 1099's over the past week or so, two in the mail today. I'm just reporting in like the thread title asks. Nothing related to a VW buy back though.
  14. T

How to do your buyback calculations (& post them here!)

Besides the difference in state's, the other thing that they seem to do when generating the offer letter which could throw off the amounts is the buy back date used. They seem to use the date the paperwork was submitted as the turn in date when calculating mileage deductions rather than the...
  15. T

Amount in offer letter doesn't match buyback calculation

They ask for actual mileage during the submittal or scheduling (cant remember which) so the payout amount should shift to the correct mileage bracket. I would pay attention to make sure it is correct though!
  16. T

Got the offer letter but now ambivalent ;(

Only you can answer most appropriately for you. Just weigh the Want versus Need balanced against an honest assessment of your personal financial situation and it will give you the easy answer. Too many unknowns to get an accurate answer over the interweb from armchair psychologists and...
  17. T

Two Month Club

Coincidence?? I think not...... I received the offer letter this morning !! Date on it is 1/25/17, the day after i sent the emails.
  18. T

Not sure what to do

should be no problem. you get to pick your buyback dealer. mine is registered in MD and is being bought back in DE.
  19. T

Marylanders With TDI Recalls

luckily the rain tax was repealed, but now they're going for a sun tax and wind tax....